pa kent's fear - should it happen in the sequel?

That could work to, I actually like that....maybe Clark and Lois could go the ceremony, and have Supes show up at the memorial, with lex walking up in the background

Damn. You know Lex would slander Superman while Clark stands there. Lois can become defensive, but if Clark goes too overboard, it would rouse suspicion.

Lol I'm doing it again Prime.......hyping up scenes that will never see the light of day...but it's fun coming up with scenarios...:)

I want it both ways. Pa Kent's fears should happen in the sequel with people fearing and rejecting him so that his death will seem less stupid. But there should also be people in awe and embracing him. I don't think it has to be dark and serious for both these things to happen.

Why not have the best of both worlds?

Show Superman doing small things that pay off in big dividends: Have him do something like this:
allStarSuperman10-4.jpg

And through something like that, it inspires people to do good.

However, you have someone like Lex Luthor who has evidence that Superman killed Zod and uses it to force people to distrust Superman, that "if he can kill one of his own, then what's stopping him from destroying us?" Thereby creating an us vs. them mentality. I'd love for MOS II to be about outsider/insider perspectives and how Superman has to deal with that.
Sure. Despite of huge resistance and rejection fr the people, they should show us that superman still believes in humanity, he still sees goodness in humanity. .. although I dont know how to translate that on screen.

I don't agree with how the poll is setup.

Serious can also be light. Alex Ross's Superman is serious and sometimes conflicted but he's still a positive, uplifting character. That's what the sequel needs.

I'm fine with how Clark was in Man of Steel. I don't think the character needed to be lighter. However, I think the movie needed more lighter/positive/uplifting/beats but that's a different issue.

The sequel can and should maintain the same level of serious reality. However, Clark is less conflicted. He knows more about himself, and he has a good idea what his place in the world is. Tone-wise, I think it should be around X-Men: First Class. Serious but doesn't come off as dark.

I think the sequel should show both awe and fear in terms of winning over the people's trust. With the sequel, we should see how the public reacts to what happened. On one side, you'll have people calling Superman a savior. On the other side, you'll have people blaming Superman (which funny enough reflects the split reaction people have to the destruction). With Lex Luthor, you have a character that will want to negatively spin the events against Superman.

I don't get the whole serious verses light thing. It just needs to be grounded. I absolutely agree with Snyder's preface "what if he was put in the real world?" well at least within the confines of a movie.
In this case, raised to always be reminded he is an alien by Pa Kent, and then to be faced with physical equals this does not deserve to be a light treatment. It was frankly spot on.
The sequel will explore more light shades and combined with MOS I think critics will look back at their treatment of MOS and go "oh, I get it now" (although having egos that'll never come out in their journalism.
Heaven help Star Wars VII, it will get torched, it can't win no matter what they do.

As long as Nolan is a co-writter there will be a serious tone. I like that. It has helped to bring Superman up to date.

of course. we wanna see superman get accepted and cherished by the people by the end of the day.

but when you said both, it means they should show people are afraid of him at least in the beginning which is very different from STM. (people embraces him right away. and they don't have to spend time to build the trust)

in MOS we have seen clark chosen his path. in MOS2, i would like to see more on clark's believe and how he inspires other with his believe.

Why not have the best of both worlds?

Show Superman doing small things that pay off in big dividends: Have him do something like this:
allStarSuperman10-4.jpg

And through something like that, it inspires people to do good.

However, you have someone like Lex Luthor who has evidence that Superman killed Zod and uses it to force people to distrust Superman, that "if he can kill one of his own, then what's stopping him from destroying us?" Thereby creating an us vs. them mentality. I'd love for MOS II to be about outsider/insider perspectives and how Superman has to deal with that.

Yeah, exactly.

Have a line of Superman saying "You don't have to be afraid, or something like that."

Show that he can be gentle to other individuals in need, not just Lane for the sequel.

But also show people's paranoia and divided opinions on a superpowered being. Some start cults, others cower, and others say he's a SUPER man :p

I'd like to see some connection about the world now knowing that aliens exist and the impact that has on society - "you are not alone" was such a powerful entrance by Zod, like he really knew how to push our buttons.
I want to see Superman having to win the trust of the world

You think it would be a little controversial if they had a 9-11 type ceremony for the victims that died in MOS, just a brief glimpse to show that they did?

It might be a bit too realistic. I'm sure some would say they go to see Superman to escape the realism not see a semi tribute to 9/11 in a Superman movie.

It takes people out of the movie.

It might be a bit too realistic. I'm sure some would say they go to see Superman to escape the realism not see a semi tribute to 9/11 in a Superman movie.

It takes people out of the movie.

True :(....It wouldn't be drawn out like say, the dark night ceremony but maybe just a brief glimpse of what they did

I think there should definitely be someone (probably Lex) studying any and all possible kryptonian artifacts (including Superman)on the planet but it should be absolutely as undercover as possible.

It is kind of a shame that Emil Hamilton didn't make it through the movie because would have been awesome to see him and Superman working together to try and find his limits.

I think there should definitely be someone (probably Lex) studying any and all possible kryptonian artifacts (including Superman)on the planet but it should be absolutely as undercover as possible.

It is kind of a shame that Emil Hamilton didn't make it through the movie because would have been awesome to see him and Superman working together to try and find his limits.
who knows? maybe he jumped from the plane and survive, and he will work for Lex in the sequel!!!

I think it's pretty obvious that the world's fear/distrust of Superman due to his powers and the events of this film will be a key theme throughout this entire franchise. That's probably going to be Luthor's angle, Braniac would feed right into that, and it makes perfect sense. Can't wait.

I think it's pretty obvious that the world's fear/distrust of Superman due to his powers and the events of this film will be a key theme throughout this entire franchise. That's probably going to be Luthor's angle, Braniac would feed right into that, and it makes perfect sense. Can't wait.
yup, can't wait.
however, we don't know how far they would go since there are some cries for the movie to be done light and not so serious. they prefer the world to be more simple, not too dark and is ready to accept the hero.

^ I honestly wonder why there can't be a more lighthearted film that still HAS the themes of mistrust and paranoia?

The Daily Planet/Lois banter/Metropolis/secret identity related humor on the surface, and the themes of fear and Luthor's handle on the city lurking below.

Heck, Iron Man has themes of terrorism, human frailty, and guilt, and it is still thought of as lighthearted. I personally think of it as a serious film with humorous touches here and there, but that's just my opinion.

As for MOS3, it should be a total comic book experience. I want MOS3 to have a brazen and intellectual comic book villain that hasn't been seen on film yet.

Yes. I agree with TheFlamingCoco also about the sequel being more lighthearted.

The Dark Knight Trilogy's tone became bleaker with each sequel. The opposite should happen with the Man of Steel trilogy. It should be more lighthearted and hopeful with each film. I don't mean the films should get loaded with goofy jokes and all. Maintain the seriousness with light touches as it goes. Show how Superman's works have improved the world. Definitely in the sequel have some in awe, inspired. Have some that are afraid. And through it all, have Superman persevere.

^ I honestly wonder why there can't be a more lighthearted film that still HAS the themes of mistrust and paranoia?

The Daily Planet/Lois banter/Metropolis/secret identity related humor on the surface, and the themes of fear and Luthor's handle on the city lurking below.

Heck, Iron Man has themes of terrorism, human frailty, and guilt, and it is still thought of as lighthearted. I personally think of it as a serious film with humorous touches here and there, but that's just my opinion.

As for MOS3, it should be a total comic book experience. I want MOS3 to have a brazen and intellectual comic book villain that hasn't been seen on film yet.
surely i believe they will put in some comedy reliefs in MOS2, like Jimmy and... Otis. :D

as you put it, fear should be the theme. they would have to show quite some scenes to set up the theme. for instance, a scene showing the people are in fear and rejecting superman; like he managed to save a disaster. but people are still running away from him in fear and police are shooting at him... no more cheering and applauding. can we take that?

Yes, it should. But by the end of the movie, most people should accept Superman and acknowledge him as their protector or what have you. At the very least, the film should end with the implication that he will eventually be accepted.

Yes, it should. But by the end of the movie, most people should accept Superman and acknowledge him as their protector or what have you. At the very least, the film should end with the implication that he will eventually be accepted.
of course. that's the whole point of making the movie. isn't it? hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"