Paramount's Hasbro Universe

Disney Universal WB FOX Sony and now Paramount jumping on the cinematic universe bandwagon now. I knew it was a matter of time.

Sony was trying to build a Spider-man cinematic universe. There was also talk of a MIB/Jump Street crossover.

Now the question is, who is the Hasbro version of thanos.

latest

Golobulus of course :D

Hasbro makes some good toys and has improved their cartoons since the dawn of the millennium. I'll give them that much, but their live action films? Meh...

If you want to get all metaphysical it would be the smelly 42-year-old virgin pawing through the $5 bucket at a local con for spare parts and accessories for the toys.

Fixed. Let's be honest about who still buys these things.

Disney Universal WB FOX Sony and now Paramount jumping on the cinematic universe bandwagon now. I knew it was a matter of time.

I' am pretty sure Universal started the whole cinematic universe thing back in the thirties.

Last edited:
eqq3nrckzam06ubzsday.jpg

eed3czkk1xemgi23d505.jpg

ors5knol6bvnk5qb0n0h.jpg

1504902021-v7.jpg

1504902021-v4.jpg

Transformers-vs-Visionaries-Cover-A-By-Fico-Ossio.jpg

pn4brst2eeob4z7ecmdp.jpg

Looks like they are revisiting the franchise with Transformers Visionaries crossover.

You know, for kids!

Who the hell are the Visionaries?

Who the hell are the Visionaries?
Part of Hasbro/Paramounts Cinematic Universe which includes G.I. Joe, Micronauts, M.A.S.K., ROM: The SpaceKnight.
as well as Visionaries a short lived 80's franchise:

Figures and Vehicles:

Animated series:

Comics
aabb96541b217496ef6c99ffbe2d68e3.jpg

Star Comics was an 80's imprint of Marvel Comics that featured titles that were adaptations of animated series and toys.
Ive never heard of Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K, or ROM. And my friends growing didnt have these toys either. Were these some sort of reject bargain bin toys that no one wanted?

Micronauts was pretty huge toy line. And had a popular Marvel Comic tie in illustrated by Michael Golden.
Micronauts-1.jpg

ROM was more obscure, but was also a Marvel comic by Bill Mantlo and Sal Buscema.
And had this trippy promo. For that alone it needs to be a movie.

M.A.S.K. was pretty big cartoon and toy line, but didn't last or stand a chance against the juggernauts of GI.Joe and Transformers.
c3ed5a07811f6365dd38f658e50c503d---toys-m-a-s-k-toys.jpg

Several crossed over into the MarvelUniverse.
latest
400px-GI_Joe_vs_Transformers_4b.jpg

latest
latest

Last edited:
You know, for kids!

Well yeah, Don't think anyone is fooling themselves, knowing these franchises, the cartoons and now films, are ultimately pretty much just full length commercials for the toys!
For those who had them as kids then, and will buy them for their kids now. (inner child or whatever the expression included)
It is blatantly the Hasbro universe, if anything they are being the most honest about it.

Last edited:
True, I was also referring to the violent death of the Autobot courtesy of the "heroic" Visionaries on those covers.

I'm glad the Transformers movies aren't part of the Hasbro Cinematic Universe. Not that I'm a huge fan of them, but Transformers is the only Hasbro property I care about. I don't want to have to follow the storylines of a bunch of other franchises, besides that Transformers is (in theory) interesting enough on it's own, at least in my opinion.

How would you even get Visionaries to cross over with those other properties? Or Micronauts for that matter?

It just seems like a Transformers/GI JOE cross over is more palatable.

Visionaries is set in a post-apocalyptic future where technology has basically reverted to the middle ages and magic has taken precedence.

How would you even get Visionaries to cross over with those other properties? Or Micronauts for that matter?

It just seems like a Transformers/GI JOE cross over is more palatable.
R-3588776-1336426553.jpeg.jpg

390px-Revolutionaries3_cvrRI.jpg

Spun out of the classic Action Team toy line - Synopsis if you are actually interested in what they might be exploring- http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Secret_of_the_Mummy's_Tomb

Apparently a shape resembling that of the Visionaries' hexagonal chestplates appeared on a wall inside the Tomb of Amtoltec(JI Joe Action Team) in Dahshur, Egypt alongside other hieroglyphs, some of which depicted Shockwave (Transformers) and Acroyear and Biotron (Micronauts). In IDW's Revolutionaries: Secret of the Mummy's Tomb.

These creators are obviously fans who go way back!
And are going to have some fun world-building these franchises together.

Last edited:
dbfUKH4.jpg

efisRbw.jpg

These creators are obviously fans who go way back!
And are going to have some fun world-building these franchises together.
...as will Hasbro.
^.
Of course the purist will kick, scream and complain the whole way.

KOAoFm7.jpg

WOW Action Man is also part of this Universe!?

As a 70s-80s toy fan, This is actually so ridiculous it's pretty freakin amazing!
They are unabashedly celebrating exactly what they are, a toy company, looking to sell toys!.
And transparently jumping on the shared universe band-wagon, going full force, marketing this 70s-80s kid mash-up fantasy as a shared universe.
Does that = a good movie, no. But if they are going forward, this hot-toy-mess is a great way to approach it! :oldrazz:

That it upsets some stuffy no-fun purist, who is trying to convince himself their toy universe and toy characters are above all this, just makes it all the more fun!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"