Paramount's Micronauts

Um, why is this in the DC forum? Micronauts are a Marvel property, ish.

I never heard of the toys until I saw the articles related to the movie but from what I've read and speaking as a fan of fun Sci-Fi there is some great potential here.
Hope the use it.

I never heard of the toys until I saw the articles related to the movie but from what I've read and speaking as a fan of fun Sci-Fi there is some great potential here.
Hope the use it.
There were a few toy related comics back in the day. Rom the Spaceknight, and Micronauts were around at the same time and got pretty popular for awhile. Around the same time Thundercats were still at Marvel too

Ironically Pat Broderick just posted a commission with Man-Thing and the Nauts
gJBVsxz.jpg

Ironically Pat Broderick just posted a commission with Man-Thing and the Nauts
gJBVsxz.jpg

I remember Broderick's amazing art in both Captain Atom, Firestorm and Green Lantern. Loved his distinctive style.

There were a few toy related comics back in the day. Rom the Spaceknight, and Micronauts were around at the same time and got pretty popular for awhile. Around the same time Thundercats were still at Marvel too

Speaking of Rom anyone else think Parker Brothers are being really dumb about ROM? All they have the rights too is the character. All the lore belongs to Marvel.
:facepalm::wall:
If they were smart they'd let James Gunn make a Rom movie like he wants to (he's a huge fan and wanted to make a Rom movie way before Guardians of the Galaxy) and split the profits with Marvel

Comics Journal #40 June 1978
"Creating a new series for Marvel comics: The Micronauts by Bill Mantlo"
It all began on Christmas morn, 1977, at the Long Island home of my parents… My son had just reduced a mountain of X-Mas presents to disposable rubble and sat, in the midst of this mess of paper, tearing a group of tiny shiny figurines out of their vacuum sealed packages.

The figures seemed to catch the sparkle of the lights from my parents' Christmas tree. They were unlike any toys I had ever seen-and I've run the gamut in my time, from Dodge City to G.I. Joe to the Shogun Warriors. I asked Adam (that's my son's name) if I could see them before they went the way of all plastic and, when he handed them to me, I held in my palm the four basic figures of a new concept in toys called…The Micronauts. Time Traveler. Acroyear. Galactic Warrior. Space Glider. I knew nothing about these toys except their names on the package, but already I was beginning to extrapolate origins for them. Even from the start-and, I admit, their being called the Micronauts by Mego, the manufacturer, didn't hurt-I envisioned them as small, microscopic even, inhabiting an other-verse apart from, but in conjunctive with ours. Space Glider seemed to suggest a Reed Richards nobility, an aspect of command, of dignity. Acroyear, faceless, his armor gleaming, a fantastic sword clenched in his coldly metallic hand, seemed to hearken back to a warrior Mr. Spock. For some reason Galactic Warrior seemed insect-like-I can almost hear clicks and whistles and strange scraping interjected into his speech. But Time Traveler…there was a mystery there, glimmerings of cosmic vastness, intimations of knowledge and space and time all having been broken down and reassembled to produce something entirely new…unexplainable… different.

Famous First Fridays: The Micronauts
The Groovy Agent said:
Welcome to another Famous First toy tie-in, Groove-ophiles! Near the end of the Groovy Age, Marvel Comics went from being the "House of Ideas" to the "House of Licensing", but it wasn't all bad. One of the best was the Micronauts, a mag which was so successful that it lasted for years after the toys had stopped being made. If you're interested in a history of the toys themselves, there are a slew of Micronauts sites out there, the best of which is InnerSpace Online. That far-out site fills ya in on every phase of Micronauts history, from their beginnings in 1976 to the present. They also give ya tons of pics, and lots of links to other sites. Best of all, they have links to interviews with the men behind the comicbook Micronauts, Bill Mantlo and Michael Golden.

Writer Bill Mantlo was Marvel's "master of the fill-in" in the late 70s. He regularly wrote mags like Marvel Team-Up, Marvel Two-In-One, the Champions, Sons of the Tiger (for Deadly Hands of Kung Fu), and a few others, but you'd find his name in the credits of most any Marvel comic at some time or another. Micronauts catapulted him into stardom, and it wasn't long before he was the regular writer for mags like the Incredible Hulk and Spectacular Spider-Man. Sadly, Mantlo suffered brain damage in 1992 after being hit by an automobile while rollerblading. In 2007, a benefit book, Mantlo: A Life In Comics was published, with proceeds going to help the Mantlo family in caring for Bill. For more info on how to order the book, go to the Bill Mantlo Project.

Dave Johnson’s Designs For An Unproduced ‘Micronauts’ Cartoon Will Make You Angry This Show Doesn’t Exist

Micronauts has an interesting story & background.
I hope they dont ruin it like the Transformers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"