Paranormal Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgard

Kanga Fu
Reaction score
http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/

A couple believes their house to be haunted, so they set up cameras around their house to try and capture the ghost on film. The movie is edited footage of what they filmed.

A review from Variety called the movie better than the Blair Witch Project. I thought the movie was good so Ill probably like this one.

I'm already getting sick of this whole new handheld video camera fad...it looks good in Cloverfield, and I understand it in Diary Of The Dead...but come on now...

It's just getting to be like...backlash against HD or something..."they can make movies look so good that you can count how many hairs this guy has? Well, I'm gonna make a movie where it looks like some dumbass with a VHS camcorder made it! Take that, digital age!"

I'm already getting sick of this whole new handheld video camera fad...it looks good in Cloverfield, and I understand it in Diary Of The Dead...but come on now...

It's just getting to be like...backlash against HD or something..."they can make movies look so good that you can count how many hairs this guy has? Well, I'm gonna make a movie where it looks like some dumbass with a VHS camcorder made it! Take that, digital age!"

Have to agree!

I think it was a preview before The Mist, but there is a horror/thriller coming out where the killer is recording everything with his camcorder or whatever while he breaks into peoples homes and kills them. I think it was called The Pokepski Tapes or files.

I'm using a digital camera to shoot footage of myself reading your comments, right now.
Fall 2008 release.

블라스;13828830 said:
I'm using a digital camera to shoot footage of myself reading your comments, right now.
Fall 2008 release.

principal shooting is already done, but the 2 season long wait is going to be for the viral campaign and to finish the sfx on the dog-crab-lice that you're going to add in post...they arent going to attack you or anything, they're just going to be there in the background...possibly smoking and drinking coffee

Diary of the dead was alright, Cloverfield was the shizzle. Blair Witch can suck my taint. I am curious to where this will end up with me?

Bumping for its release in the states September 25th.

Here is the trailer
[YT]wRF7JRPwTOI[/YT]

And the poster that was released.

s30v41.jpg

It depends on the quality and I've heard good things about this one. Diary of the Dead was a **** movie , i hated it.

I mean this movie has a butt load of good reviews from alot of horror sites. So some people must like it. But i'm not one to follow critics all the time on something

This isn't getting a wide release, is it?

first showing said it is creepy a hell and a great film as well

I'm not going to see it in theaters. But it might be a good rental, if I'm in the mood.

Im really not in the mood for another movie with quick edits, shaky cameras and dialogue that teenage girls would use, "OMG what's going on!", "What was that sound!?" "AHHHHH!! OMG!!"

you think everything looks crappy. :whatever:
Ah. Let's have Arya say some of the problems of this trailer which made me say that:

Im really not in the mood for another movie with quick edits, shaky cameras and dialogue that teenage girls would use, "OMG what's going on!", "What was that sound!?" "AHHHHH!! OMG!!"
Added with LOUD NOISES every five seconds which sounds like its level was upped in post to make people jump. Also, the movie looks like it's going to be so dark that it will be hard to see what the heck is going on... in combo with quick edits and shaky cams.

I think it looks good.

Then again, I thought Godzilla ('98) was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"