Paranormal as a science?

Flash-er

Civilian
Reaction score
I don't know why, I really don't, but while watching Ghost Rider a thought popped into my head and I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of it, but I just wanted to get a disscussion going on it.

Assume, just assume, that we aren't alone in the universe and that other civilizations out there have been around longer than us and are much more advanced than us. Now, the example has been made before that if a caveman saw a jet, he would think that it was magic (or at least the strangest damn bird it ever saw...).

So what if what we consider as paranormal is actually just highly advanced science? Right now, we have nanomites, machines so small you need a microscope to see them. These machines have the potential for curing conditions that, as of now, are inoperable. If you look at it that way, this could become an "instant heal" like Wolverine's ability. Rudamentary holographic tech has been used in arcades, but with enough time this could lead to star wars (kinda doubt the trek "solid light" holos) level communication... if we saw this kind of tech now, but the graphic or sound projection was worn out, we might see them as "ghosts".

I know I'm not the only one who's thought of this, but I want to hear other people's opinions and thoughts and see what other kinds of examples you can think of.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke​

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke​

okay, good, so there's no question about this... so does anyone have any theories as to what we look at as paranormal or magical could be done with some advanced science?

Levitation
Teleportation
Telepathy
Telekinesis

If that's the case, then all paranormal activity would just be some super genius dick ****ing with people.

Levitation
Teleportation
Telepathy
Telekinesis

And what supernatural phenomenon would those be? C'mon... use some thought here people.

If that's the case, then all paranormal activity would just be some super genius dick ****ing with people.

Not really. It could be top secret government programs using a think tank or another advanced civilization visiting earth. You're suppose to use your imagination here. Think outside the box. This is what creates great stories as well as advances technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"