Parts I and II (Spoiler Thread)

I love this "show". It should be a movie but whatever.

Everything they're doing is wish fulfillment. I've waited almost 40 years to understand what Vader was talking about on Endor when he told Luke "Obi-Wan once thought that way." when Luke asked him to run away with him. People who missed that moment in ROTJ, who didn't dissect it properly, convinced themselves that there was no meeting between the two in between ROTS & ANH. I always figured there was. I ALWAYS figured Obi-Wan thought he killed Vader after Mustafar. So bravo to the writers for giving us fans EXACTLY what we wanted to see. This "show" just keeps doing that with every plot point.

This "show" is glorious. Just wish this was all happening on an IMAX screen. Oh well. Still a great time to be a Star Wars fan.

Given the issues I am seeing with the stagecraft tech so far, I'm not sure a bigger screen is a great idea.

Seeing Uncle Ben with Leia is so damn sad. I just want Obi-wan to train Luke and Leia and travel the galaxy with them getting into all kinds of adventures and fighting the Empire and Sith.

yeah it’s sad, but I already had 30 years to get over this…

Enjoyed the first episode, but the second episode was so laughably bad that it really concerns me with the overall tone and direction of the show. I think my biggest issues so far are obviously Reva and young Leia—the bad CGI and character decisions are up there too. For Reva, it seems to be the actor and for Leia it seems to be the directing—that rooftop chase my god!

Enjoyed the first episode, but the second episode was so laughably bad that it really concerns me with the overall tone and direction of the show. I think my biggest issues so far are obviously Reva and young Leia—the bad CGI and character decisions are up there too. For Reva, it seems to be the actor and for Leia it seems to be the directing—that rooftop chase my god!
The whole rooftop chase was awful.
Why was Reva suddenly Batman?

The only thing that would make that character more annoying is if she turns good at some point.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but I’m having a hard time with all the hate that Reva is getting here for being one-note and aggro. Are we forgetting that this is the same franchise that has two movies worth of Hayden/Anakin yelling and whining like an emo incel? And while I’m happy to write off both of those movies as the trash that they are and hope that this shows strives for something better, I constantly hear SW fans praise ROTS like a masterpiece that’s on par with the original trilogy. And fans were really happy to learn that they were bringing Hayden back for this show.

All I’m saying is… at least let Reva’s arc play out before your write her off. Maybe there is more to her. And even if there isn’t, well, let’s not pretend that this is the deepest franchise here.

Lastly, I liked her Jedi parkour. I never understand how some many force wielders seem to fall to their deaths when they also have the ability to use TK to lift ships and boulders. Why can’t they ever use that ability on their own bodies so they don’t plummet to their deaths?

I’m sorry but I’m having a hard time with all the hate that Reva is getting here for being one-note and aggro. Are we forgetting that this is the same franchise that has two movies worth of Hayden/Anakin yelling and whining like an emo incel? And while I’m happy to write off both of those movies as the trash that they are and hope that this shows strives for something better, I constantly hear SW fans praise ROTS like a masterpiece that’s on par with the original trilogy. And fans were really happy to learn that they were bringing Hayden back for this show.

All I’m saying is… at least let Reva’s arc play out before your write her off. Maybe there is more to her. And even if there isn’t, well, let’s not pretend that this is the deepest franchise here.

Lastly, I liked her Jedi parkour. I never understand how some many force wielders seem to fall to their deaths when they also have the ability to use TK to lift ships and boulders. Why can’t they ever use that ability on their own bodies so they don’t plummet to their deaths?

Literally, the woman has been on all of two episodes and some of these people on social media have said some real vile sh** about her.

I like what I’m seeing with the character. Especially when we don’t even have that many black characters in fiction being villains. She’s formidable, she’s a threat and I want to see more of her.

But yeah all this hate is getting excessive.

I mean, my issue was she did the parkour instead of flying across the rooftops like Mary Poppins. So, people have different expectations.

And there is criticisms of her and the work she did, and then there is the **** she's shared, which is probably only the tip of the iceberg.

Literally, the woman has been on all of two episodes and some of these people on social media have said some real vile sh** about her.

I like what I’m seeing with the character. Especially when we don’t even have that many black characters in fiction being villains. She’s formidable, she’s a threat and I want to see more of her.

But yeah all this hate is getting excessive.
Agreed. The hate is uncalled for. I think people should wait for the character's full arc before making final judgements. I still think there's more to her than just wanting to gain Vader's favor. But i guess only time will tell.

New episode soon! I work tomorrow, so i'll make sure i stay off the internet until i see it. I get the feeling that one will be massive lol.

I mean, my issue was she did the parkour instead of flying across the rooftops like Mary Poppins. So, people have different expectations.

And there is criticisms of her and the work she did, and then there is the **** she's shared, which is probably only the tip of the iceberg.
If they don't fly, then why even make the show?

4pzijtc0px061.gif

Reva is probably Vader's protege. That explains the animosity between her and the Grand Inquisitor. He'll probably ask Palpatine for her head and Vader will intervene.

Is she one of the Padawans at the temple when it's being attacked that we see in the opening scene of the show? Most probably. She sees Obi-Wan as a bad General/Leader that went into hiding rather than rescue the surviving Jedi. When Obi-Wan & Yoda returned to the Temple there were no Jedi there. Palpatine must have moved the survivors somewhere. Reva shares Vader's hate for Obi-Wan.

I'm also expecting us to find out who rescued Grogu during the attack on the Temple.

I’m sorry but I’m having a hard time with all the hate that Reva is getting here for being one-note and aggro. Are we forgetting that this is the same franchise that has two movies worth of Hayden/Anakin yelling and whining like an emo incel?

Actually, no. At least I am not forgetting that when I specifically said she was "prequel-level bad". I know she's getting attacked and became a target of hate speech from your usual internet mouthbreathers who can't manage their emotions because "women came to ruin our star wars" but, much like with the all-female Ghostbusters, one shouldn't be free of criticism just because a subset of idiots on the internet attribute her shortcomings on race, gender or any other biggot sentiment.

I think her acting was bad and she was judged on that for these 2 episodes. I give her the benefit of the doubt that it might be a directing issue since the director's the last person that's seeing what she's doing and should give her notes. Much like Lucas didn't give Hayden proper notes, it might be the case here. It's not about her being Black, being a woman, being anything other than a competent worker of the profession she enrolled in. And that can be a combination of several factors that are not necessarily her responsibility - writing plays a HUGE part on how she comes off.

I've been ranting about how the second episode is an insult to our collective intelligence as an audience and most of the stupid stuff comes from Obi Wan's decision-making himself - and that's mostly a writing problem. McGregor continues to sell it as best and he can - much like he did in the prequels which had godawful writing. Sometimes a great actor can elevate bad material. I wouldn't say Natalie Portman, Samuel L Jackson, Liam Neeson or most of the well known good actors who were in the prequels did a great job either. But that's mostly on Lucas sitting in a chair and not directing his actors..

I mean, my issue was she did the parkour instead of flying across the rooftops like Mary Poppins.

If any of the Inquisitors do that in this show I'm out. It's what made me cringe and lose interest in Rebels... Sabercopters....

Last edited:
Finally got around to episode two today and I actually liked it a little more than episode one. Clearly, I was in no rush to watch the second episode so maybe I just had no expectations here :funny:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Reva annoying. I cannot stand her...at all. She's just so one note and cringe. "You're not going to die...today" :whatever:

Only just found out these were out and got through most of episode 1 before work. Loved the recap at the beginning and otherwise the show has a realistic quality to it. Enjoying so far.
“Cleaning costs extra“ :D

I feel like no is talking about the astromech droid that Obi-Wan buried to act as a security bot for his cave.

If any of the Inquisitors do that in this show I'm out. It's what made me cringe and lose interest in Rebels... Sabercopters....

Which is fine. Its okay to have different expectations. Personally, Ingram is doing great as a cartoonish, mustache twirling villain. Which is really what the bulk of the Inquisitors have been portrayed to be. You may not like it, but she is clearly delivering what she was asked to give.

Reactions: Bim
I’m really stoked to see the Inquisitors. The main one looks a bit awkward though :csad: The other 2 fine so far.

When you think about it, it makes sense that those dealing with Jedi hunting or the high ranking officers would have knowledge of it. Former Jedi or students who chose the dark side.

Not to mention, these are literally the Force-using minions who work directly for and under Vader. If there is anyone in the Empire who'd be expected to know Vader's story, you'd think it would be them.

Seeing Uncle Ben with Leia is so damn sad. I just want Obi-wan to train Luke and Leia and travel the galaxy with them getting into all kinds of adventures and fighting the Empire and Sith.

Star Wars What If? I might be game for it.

Sounds amazing. I’m quite happy to wave away continuity to get something like this. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"