Parts I and II (Spoiler Thread)

So, you are telling me Third Sister is 20?
Idk. Age of the actor doesn't always carry over to the character.

It would just be odd that they would put the little black girl in the center of the younglings and have that one take charge, then introduce a black female inquisitor who have been established as former Jedi in previous canon material, and then not make them the same character.

So if these Inquisitors know Anakin is Vader do they also know that Anakin was considered the chosen one and a powerful Jedi? Do they also know that Obi-Wan defeated their boss Darth Vader, and almost killed him?

Oh yeah, Liam Neeson saying he's never going to be in a Star Wars show. Totally believe him. :o
Neeson cameoed in two different shows just this month. The man loves him a cameo appearance.
Is that one of the Safdie brothers?!
werner herzog was in the mandalorian too. I don't recall any directors appearing Boba Fett
Flea of all people?1?! :lmao:
I feel like Flea calls his agent every twenty years and says he wants to play a villain who harasses a future iconic character. Flea has now bullied Marty Mcfly, The Dude and Princess Leia

Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes and Ewan was as amazing as usual. Good sets and visuals as well. The only bit where you could notice it was a sound stage, was during the rooftop chase in ep.2.

Quite liked the Inquisitors too.

Can't wait to see Vader in the next few episodes.

Grew up with the prequels so this show is everything i've ever wanted :gngl:

Reactions: Bim
Seeing Alderaan was a dream come true.
Btw that youngling in the beginning was definitely Reva

One can say, that Mandalorian is inspired by StarWars or set in that universe…but this WAS Star Wars.
It really felt like between the prequels and original trilogy.

Really liked the first two episodes. Thought Obi Wan and Reva were fantastic. I’m not so sure about little Leia yet. Her quips and one liners were a bit annoying to me. But I do like how this sort of explains adult Leia contacting Obi Wan at the start of A New Hope.

When Obi Wan said, Leia reminded him of someone I was more thinking of Anakin as a kid than Padme.
But adult Leia was also sharp tongued in ANH and the beginning of ESB, so it fits her character imho. She always was more Anakin than Luke was.

When Obi Wan said, Leia reminded him of someone I was more thinking of Anakin as a kid than Padme.
Yeah. I almost feel like it's kinda the dumb approach to refer to her as similar to Padme. Personality wise, I think they're not very much alike at all, while temperament wise I think she's similar to Padme. I think Luke is closer to the personality of Padme, moreso than Leia, with a similar temperament to Anakin.

But I do like how this sort of explains adult Leia contacting Obi Wan at the start of A New Hope.

"Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars... oh, and you also saved me when I was kidnapped as a kid in case you forgot..."

When Obi-Wan said Leia was like Padme, I was thinking about Padme from The Phantom Menace. She was a bit sharp tongued and I remember her ordering Qui Gonn and Obi-Wan around a bit. But there was something about the kid actress in her portrayal that made it a bit annoying to me.

I had never given it much thought, but Obi, and Yoda in particular, were pieces of **** for abandoning the children. Yoda was the Grand Master and the first teacher of everyone in the Temple. The children were his responsibility, and he just abandoned them like they didn't matter.

Well, all the Jedi are kind of a-holes since their entire code is to have no attachments. So you're trained young not to have emotions about that.

When Obi-Wan said Leia was like Padme, I was thinking about Padme from The Phantom Menace. She was a bit sharp tongued and I remember her ordering Qui Gonn and Obi-Wan around a bit. But there was something about the kid actress in her portrayal that made it a bit annoying to me.

Yeah, I think because it felt like kid actor saying lines. They weren't very natural. Directing and script can be blamed for that.

Yeah, I think because it felt like kid actor saying lines. They weren't very natural. Directing and script can be blamed for that.

Yeah that’s it, it just didn’t feel natural. But I did think the other actors did a great job. I didn’t have any problem with Reva either. I’ve been seeing some people have a problem with her acting.

BTW, was her little robot a tribute to Batteries Not Included?

iu

First thing I thought of lol

So, you are telling me Third Sister is 20?

The youngling shown could've been older than 10. Plus this is a franchise where Padme somehow didn't age while Anakin went from Lloyd size to Christensen size. And in 9 years Kenobi, Owen and Beru go from 40 to 70 lol.

Of course I had to work all day yesterday so I didn’t get a chance to watch them until last night but I was impressed with the first two episodes. McGregor is really selling the run-down loner Obi-Wan. I also didn’t expect to like Lil’ Leia as much as I did but she really nailed the feisty aspect of the character.

I really enjoyed the first 2 eps, a few things felt a bit off but overall I’m really into it.

Leia being in this was a huge surprise for me and I was absolutely amazed by how much I loved her character and the actress playing her. They really managed to capture Carrie Fisher’s energy, wit and sass IMO, and I totally bought that she is the younger version of the original Leia, which is something I rarely feel with younger castings.

Love seeing Ewan and Hayden back but honestly Little Leia is the star of this show for me lol. It’s really interesting seeing more of her backstory/upringing as well, and I feel like this show will go a long way in explaining why Leia ultimately named her son after Obi-Wan. Really awesome stuff

There is a emotionally tense scene with the rookie Jedi and Obi Wan.

the director: imma shoot this like we are the opening segment of saving private Ryan.

But adult Leia was also sharp tongued in ANH and the beginning of ESB, so it fits her character imho. She always was more Anakin than Luke was.
I thought she was so Anakin and Padme, both of them. I enjoyed this performance so much, i wasnt expecting that. I figured they would show Leia, but not that she would be so central to the story. A welcomed surprise.

I like that this helps show the matureness we know of Leia in the OT and the naiveness of Luke. I mean, here she is involved in public/senate life since very young and getting kidnapped while Luke is stuck in Tattoine with Owen trying to shield him from everything. I think it just foreshadows what we already know of them in the OT.

I don't think she was, that much.
I had never given it much thought, but Obi, and Yoda in particular, were pieces of **** for abandoning the children. Yoda was the Grand Master and the first teacher of everyone in the Temple. The children were his responsibility, and he just abandoned them like they didn't matter.
Well, all the Jedi are kind of a-holes since their entire code is to have no attachments. So you're trained young not to have emotions about that.
Nothing, so far, states that they knew there were children left. When Obi-Wan and Yoda get to coruscant, they find the bodies of the younglings and Obi-Wan says, "Not even the younglings survived."

I think not having attachments doesn't mean someone is that.
I thought she was so Anakin and Padme, both of them.
I don't really think that, that much.

I enjoyed the first two episodes and it was great seeing Ewan as Obi-Wan again. Young Leia was a surprise as she really felt like how the strong-willed woman we know could have been as a child.

What I didn't enjoy was that they seemingly put the emphasis on the least interesting inquisitor and that the Grand Inquisitor was that oblivious to betrayal from an insubordinate dark side user. She didn't have any of that immediate dark side presence that the others had, and even the woman that didn't say anything at least had an interesting look, so I hope the show doesn't center around her as the main active antagonist for Obi-Wan.

I really tried to go into this with an open mind but I’m having a tough time getting into it. I really want to like it but it ain’t happening:funny:

I wasn't expecting much from this series, especially after "Book of Boba Fett", which for me was a total disaster, even in areas I didn't expect. But I must admit that, despite some unfortunate flaws, I pretty much enjoyed these first two episodes !

One of the complaints I had with the previous series was that the writing was a bit shy and often stretching a (sometimes) weak plot while trying to compensate with fan service.
Here, I don't feel ripped off by the end of the episode as there's imo a better density to the story and its pace is adapted. In some way, I feel like I've seen a little movie after these first two episodes. Hopefully the rest of the series will follow this trajectory when it comes to the rythm.
On the writing in itself, without going into details, there's a lot of inconsistencies. I can close my eyes on it for now but I hope there won't be much more because that could quickly become a deal-breaker.

More generally, it's a real pleasure to see Ewan McGregor back in the role. He definitely still has it and it immediately feels like finding that character again. I personnaly found Vivien Lyra Blair pretty convincing as a young Leia Organa. She has the right energy and I think she captured that commanding and somewhat defiant attitude perfectly. Her chemistry with McGregor also seems pretty good.
About the Inquisitors though, I'm not really convinced... Without wanting to say anything bad, I find the actor playing the leader to have a head a bit too round and breaking the "corpse/cadaveric" spirit of the character. Coupled that with a bit of overacting and he seems to me a bit like something out of an old show like Hercules or Stargate... Still visually, I also think The Third Sister could have had a bit more of a distinctive sign but I understand that it's also a way to distinguish her from the rest of the group that challenges her membership. Otherwise, she's also very one note, and some of her action just doesn't make sense... There's room for her to evolve into something a bit more meaty but I think the charisma is quite lacking.

Anyway, for the moment, I'm enjoying the show. But on an other a hand I still think it's a "clunky" idea to have Obi Wan and Leia go on an adventure together that will inevitably invalidate somewhat the wording of the cult's call for help from Episode IV.
Another thing, more anecdotical but that made me laugh is how when Obi Wan decides to finally go back into service, he immediately adopts an outfit that screams Jedi while still trying to keep a low profile... :funny:

Last edited:
Personally, I really enjoyed the first two episodes. While there are things that I could nitpick about, the mix of nostalgia and Ewan's acting won me over.

Nothing against Sir Alec Guiness, but Ewan is the Obi-Wan that I grew up with. Seeing him portray the character again in a post ROTS world was a dream come true.

Reactions: Bim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"