Rogue Squadron Patty Jenkins' Rogue Squadron - Christmas 2023

So from her previous interview it seemed like her schedule was a bit tight already.
With Cleopatra first, then Rogue Squadron and finally Wonder Woman 3 basically filming back to back. I saw on IMDB that Cleopatra is still in Pre-production which basically means it will get release around late 2022 or early 2023.

Rogue Squadron was supposed to be released on Dec. 22, 2023, that meant a very tight turnaround so that slot was basically gone and since WW3 is also happening, Patty Jenkins would only be available in like late 2023 to early 2024 or something like that with the Rogue Squadron then coming a couple of years later. It's a bit of a long time specially when there are other SW projects already being developed so it doesn't surprise me that much that her film got put in the back burner.

I can also see what people are saying about WW1984 reception being a factor specially when a lot of other directors where taken out of SW projects after lukewarm reception on their previous work. Having said that and if she manages to do well with Cleopatra i see her project being back in the mix again.

Has there been a more disastrous term as head of a studio than Kennedy's at LucasFilm?
Yeah, she produced three billion dollar films. But the fallout and the general incompetence far outweigh that.

Last edited:
Has there been a more disastrous term as head of a studio than Kennedy's as LucasFilm?
Yeah, she produced three billion dollar films. But the fallout and the general incompetence far outweigh that.

Yeah, I really don't know how sustainable this strategy is when shes alienating so much talent.

Yeah, I really don't know how sustainable this strategy is when shes alienating so much talent.

Based on this, it sound more like a Bob Chapek problem:

The latest report comes from former THR editor Matthew Belloni, who says Jenkins was frustrated by the micromanagement of select Lucasfilm executives

this is why favreau is so smart and wrote the entire show on spec without telling anybody and going straight to iger once he had enough scripts and concrete outlines in the bag

he dealt with ike's committee before feige got his civil war separation. he knows how bad too many suits can be

also a difference in how rian embraced the writer's room and JJ seemed to have not

Has there been a more disastrous term as head of a studio than Kennedy's at LucasFilm?

The absolute truth about this situation though are these two Tweets:

Number 1-

Number 2-

Kathleen giving full creative control of Star Wars to Jon Favreau & Dave Filoni would be the smartest decision she could make going forward

It’s amazing how many projects she’s green lit and then just scrapped for whatever reason. Let’s not also forget how she fired Lord & Miller from Solo when the movie was close to completion to replace them with Ron Howard and how terribly planned the sequel trilogy was.

Kathleen giving full creative control of Star Wars to Jon Favreau & Dave Filoni would be the smartest decision she could make going forward

It’s amazing how many projects she’s green lit and then just scrapped for whatever reason. Let’s not also forget how she fired Lord & Miller from Solo when the movie was close to completion to replace them with Ron Howard and how terribly planned the sequel trilogy was.
And… the whole Rogue One situation.

I think, only TLJ wasn’t meddled with, let alone at all.. That’s 1/5 films… that’s bad odds.

Personally, I'd rather a Rogue Squadron Disney+ series where you can get invested in each of the pilots etc.

And yet they haven't removed this film from their recently renewed schedule. I wonder what's that all about. Are they still hoping to make it with a different director?

And yet they haven't removed this film from their recently renewed schedule. I wonder what's that all about. Are they still hoping to make it with a different director?

Maybe they still plan on doing it later on. Only one person reported it got shelved, and it was a heavily editorialized, opinionated piece.

Yeah, but the weird thing is their recently updated schedule still has it on the same date.

Last I heard… Though the start of production for Rogue Squadron had been pushed from 2022 to 2023, Disney was still holding to a late 2023 release date. :ebr:

Additionally and allegedly: The reason Jenkins is no longer directing Cleopatra is so she can devote attention to WW3 and RS.

:shrug:

No surprise there. Was sort of looking forward to this since I enjoy the Rogue Squadron games, and it would've been something different for the Star Wars films. But just not to be.

Between Patty Jenkins, Benioff and Weiss, Colin Trevorrow, Josh Trank and Rian Johnson, LucasFilms surely has a pattern of rushing to sign contracts with people who wind up disappointing some sort of fandom, thus ending up killing those deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"