Patty Jenkins & Gal Gadot reunite for ‘Cleopatra’

I still thinks this happens, but now I am curious exactly what Gal says next, if anything. She's probably been told in no uncertain terms to stay quiet. Because the general publics outlook on this is very different then it once was, thankfully.

I hope the Karli Morgenthau actress doesn't show up in this now.

So Patty isn't making Star Wars or Cleopatra. Not that I blame her for exiting both projects. But it's not like this would have been fantastic with her directing either. 84 was pretty lousy and despite her studio troubles with the original Wonder Woman's third act, I honestly don't think that movie is anything special either.

Gadot is just not cut out for deep roles. She can do Wonder Woman but sometimes she struggles with that role too. This is likely going to be a forgettable dumb action flick. Now imagine if Villeneuve got a hold of Cleopatra.

So Patty isn't making Star Wars or Cleopatra. Not that I blame her for exiting both projects. But it's not like this would have been fantastic with her directing either. 84 was pretty lousy and despite her studio troubles with the original Wonder Woman's third act, I honestly don't think that movie is anything special either.

Gadot is just not cut out for deep roles. She can do Wonder Woman but sometimes she struggles with that role too. This is likely going to be a forgettable dumb action flick. Now imagine if Villeneuve got a hold of Cleopatra.
The story that is making the rounds all over the Internet today is that the reason Patty transitioned to a producer role on Cleopatra is because she wants to focus on Wonder Woman 3 And, Rogue Squadron.

rOmkUD3.gif

I guess it's too late to replace Gal with May Calamawy?
Cleopatra was Greek with some Seluecid ancestry. Not a drop of egyptian blood in her. It would have been nice to see an actual Greek in the role.

Cleopatra was Greek with some Seluecid ancestry. Not a drop of egyptian blood in her. It would have been nice to see an actual Greek in the role.
My message as a Greek is good luck finding a decent Greek actress. :o

I looked up some photos of Calamawy. :hrt: Seems like she could pass for ancient Greek. Of course, (the also not Greek) Gadot is the bigger name. And as far as I know, she still attached to this project.

You could probably find a good Greek actress (I could think of a few) but they would more or less be unknowns.

They want a big star in the role. Like Liz Taylor in the original.

Being coy like this isn't helping. If Gal had done anything controversial (NOT including that iffy "Imagine" cover), it'd be all over social media. I haven't heard ****. EXPLAIN, damn you!

That's a bit of a simplification. I do think she deserved some of the backlash she received with the way she worded things and the timing she decided to speak, but obviously in any case she's in no way whatsoever comparable to Miller or so many others that become a direct problem and danger to the ones around them. The fact remains, however, that there was some controversy over her name at some point. It's interesting how many people around the Justice League movie have been surrounded by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"