Peter and the Starcatchers

Project862006

Avenger
Reaction score
Gary Ross May Direct Peter Pan Prequel PETER AND THE STARCATCHERS

peter-and-the-starcatchers.jpeg

Per THR, Peter and the Starcatchers is a Peter Pan prequel of sorts, and follows “a young Peter who befriends Molly, a shipmate he meets on the Never Land ship headed towards King Zarboff. Molly tells Peter of a mysterious trunk filled with magical starstuff that must remain out of the hands of the pirate Black Stache (who will lose his hand and become Captain Hook). Together Peter and Molly lead an effort to recover the trunk, which takes them on a treacherous journey.” Like The Hunger Games, this is material that already has a devoted following (although certainly nowhere near as fanatical). The book was adapted into an off-Broadway production that earned five Tony awards and nine nominations. Also like The Hunger Games, this is a project with serious franchise potential not only in terms of sequels, but in terms of how much merchandising and tie-ins the studio can create.
Synopsis
Don’t even think of starting this book unless you’re sitting in a comfortable chair and have lots of time. A fast-paced, impossible-to-put-down adventure awaits as the young orphan Peter and his mates are dispatched to an island ruled by the evil King Zarboff. They set sail aboard the NeverLand, a ship carrying a precious and mysterious trunk in its cargo hold, and the journey quickly becomes fraught with excitement and danger.
Discover richly developed characters in the sweet but sophisticated Molly, the scary but familiar Black Stache, and the fearless Peter. Treacherous battles with pirates, foreboding thunderstorms at sea, and evocative writing immerses the reader in a story that slowly and finally reveals the secrets and mysteries of the beloved Peter Pan.

Personally I love the return to fairy tales. I don't know. I just think there's something creative in the air that's infecting a lot of people to be drawn to these properties. I think it's like how superheroes caught on really big. Fairytale characters are kind of being seen now as heroic figures.

I'm seeing the play this weekend. :up:

There is already a thread for this film. Close this one, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"