Comics Peter Parker has always Loved MJ more than Gwen!

Hey, let's cut out the Joe Quesada hate. He brought Marvel back out of of bankruptcy and without him Marvel would not be the huge successful company it is today. He helped bring superheroes back into the mainstream. I hope he is EIC until he dies.

Whooooo boy! Did anyone read the recent What If?...Spider-Man: House of M?

:D

Give us a quick recap... :yay:

Well, I'll try:

The first story pretty much follows House of M with one key difference--when the X-Men arrive to restore Peter's memories, Emma Frost does not erase this meeting from Gwen's mind, and thus she follows Peter. So she is with Peter when reality is restored and as a result, she is brought back to the real world. Confused, Gwen wanders around and learns more about this reality, which greatly upsets her. Eventually, Doctor Strange appears to her and he tells her that, because of her presence, all of their reality is now threatened and will soon cease to exist.

Meanwhile, Electro, Tiger Shark, Living Laser, Doctor Octopus, Venom, Ultron, Bullseye, and Sabretooth, free the Green Goblin and all of them attack the Avengers Tower en masse. Venom kills both Aunt May and Jarvis. The Green Goblin is about to kill Spidey, but Mary Jane intervenes and puts herself in the path of the Goblin glider and she dies. Enraged, Spidey beat the Green Goblin to death. Then, he sees Gwen (whom he hasn't seen all throughout this story) and she is about to commit suicide, thinking that her death will fix reality. Spidey, however, saves her as she jumps off, but because his webbing cannot slow their decent, he fatally lands on a car. Just as he dies, he tells Gwen he's glad he saved her this time, and she gives him a kiss just as everything goes white.

In the second story, Peter tells Mary Jane and Aunt May that he has surprise guests over for dinner, and it's revealed it's Gwen Stacy and her son, Richie. He explains how they were from an alternate reality that somehow arrived with them when everything was restored. However, MJ sees Gwen's wedding ring and, realizing that she was Peter's wife and that Richie is Peter's son, angrily accuses Gwen of being a "photocopy," until Aunt May calms things down. Over the next few weeks, Peter tries to balance his time between his two families, still being married to MJ but remaining on good terms with Gwen and Richie. Aunt May eventually tells him he can't go on like this and has to choose one or the other.

MJ then tells Peter and Aunt May that she was attacked by the Green Goblin, which confuses Peter because Norman Osborn is still in the Raft. He decides to severe ties with Gwen, believing that saving his marriage to MJ is more important.

On Peter and MJ's anniversary, Peter surprises MJ by taking her to a cabin in the woods Tony Stark bought for them. Inside, is a present, which Peter tells her to open. MJ does and finds it's the Spider-Man costume and she turns around to see Peter dressed as the Green Goblin. Just as in Spider-Man: House of M, Peter developed a "Green Goblin" personality and this also survived into the real world, and the "Goblin" wants to kill MJ for coming between him and Gwen. He webs her to the wall and attempts to ram her with the Goblin glider. But, at the last moment, Peter retakes control and gets between her and the glider, killing himself in the process, but not before telling MJ he loves her.

The epilogue takes place years later, with Richie, having developed spider powers of his own, wondering if he should take on his father's legacy as he holds the Spider-Man costume.

Hey, let's cut out the Joe Quesada hate. He brought Marvel back out of of bankruptcy and without him Marvel would not be the huge successful company it is today. He helped bring superheroes back into the mainstream. I hope he is EIC until he dies.

Yeah I have mixed feelings about that. He has done a great job, mostly. The one exception is he ruined Spider-Man.

Pity they couldnt just kill MJ. But the marketing people made them preserve her. At one time, the comics drove comics. Now it's outside considerations. No way would Marvel be able to kill Gwen in today's world because of all the tie ins. I hope I'm wrong, but I think that's how/where things are headed.

Pity they couldnt just kill MJ. But the marketing people made them preserve her. At one time, the comics drove comics. Now it's outside considerations. No way would Marvel be able to kill Gwen in today's world because of all the tie ins. I hope I'm wrong, but I think that's how/where things are headed.
I'm sure you are.

That's why they keep bringing Aunt May back over and over and over and over again. I heard someone say that Aunt May needs to put on a costume and go fight crime considering she seems pretty much immortal and unkillable. I thought that was pretty funny.

I heard someone say that Aunt May needs to put on a costume and go fight crime considering she seems pretty much immortal and unkillable.

Like an Iron Man suit? ;)

No. Just like a skin tight costume since she apparently has the super power of not staying dead...ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"