Gwen vs. MJ

I always hated Dunst's potrayal of MJ... so RIP Kirsten "Not MJ Material" Dunst :o

They cant kill Dunst. Maybe Gwen will be Harrys love interest and he will think Spidey killed her or soemthing

I'm pretty confident they will kill Dunst. Or MJ and Pete will break up. And in part 4 or 5 Gwen will die. And in part 5 or 6 MJ will come back.

To truly play out the ASM121 scenario, it would have to MJ that dies (which is what I hope), but I don't think that's what's going to happen.

I suspect Gwen is being introduced to "tempt" Peter (who knows, she may even start as the girlfriend of Harry like MJ did in ASM... that would be yet another thing for Harry to hate Pete over), but in the end Peter choses MJ... and then... Gwen conveniently dies at the hands of Harry in half-hearted nod to ASM121. :down

I actually think the film would be better served if MJ were to be the one to die. Fans only of the movies are attatched to the character now; to kill off Gwen after only just being introduced wouldn't be much of an impact at all I suspect. Kind of like a nameless ensign in an episode of Star Trek. You know they're only highlighted at the start of the episode so they can be killed off later.

From a personal standpoint, I also say kill off MJ. I hated Kirsten for the role, and her performance of the character, compounded with how she's been written, has done absolutely nothing for me. With Gwen, we have a clean slate to work with, and as many have pointed out, you could easily write her closer to the MJ of 616 than movie MJ has been written. I would swallow that. Though, I'm not really a die-hard Spider-Man fan.

And that leads me to my last point: I think it will ultimately be Gwen that bites it, because I can only imagine the outcry from fans at such a "What If" type scenario should it be the other way around. Raimi's made a lot of changes, but one so sweeping... I just can't imagine it actually happening.

Justin said:
Now that ive been thinking about it, it really was one of the better written and well thought out death sequences in comic history. Whether it is MJ or Gwen, I can't wait to see the scene on film, and hear the reaction of the general public. Hope they dont screw this up.
Agreed. :up:

BTW, it's really disconcerting seeing you post. Seeing as my name is Justin it just throws my head for a spin everytime I see a post from you. :D

Daisy said:
To truly play out the ASM121 scenario, it would have to MJ that dies (which is what I hope), but I don't think that's what's going to happen.
I hope so too. :(

Gwen is hotter than MJ and needs to survive for later movies, should they be made. Kill off MJ since Dunst hasn't signed for anymore after 3. :mad:

awe i was hoping this thread was actually about MJ VS. gwen...:(

kirsten looks pretty vicious....

i just hope they replace MJ with a different actress...i really don't want the character to die since i find MJ's character attractive...from the comics at anyways.

Maybe with Gwen coming into this movie we will get more of a true to form MJ than this GweMJ we've been getting.

I dont want either to die.

MJ should end-up with Pete, because she is only girlfriend for his life time.

Gwen will be Pete 'Symbiote's girlfriend, real Pete like her, but doesnt love her.

Better will be, if Gwen leaves Pete and MJ alone.

I Think They Should Get Rid Of Gwen For Dramatic Effect. Peter Should Be With Mj Always,as Much As I Didnt Like Kirsten's Portrayal,so They Shouldnt Mess With That.

MJ should be a scarifice to Sandman and Venom IMHO. :venom:

Unbelievable... this board keeps breaking it's own record for high ignorance & low maturity. :mad:

The source material -- the COMICS -- should drive who lives or dies.

Gwen has been dead for more than 30 years, Peter has been married to MJ for nearly 20 and Aunt May is still a major supporting character. So, there you go.

What is the fan obsession with KILLING off characters?

So very lame.

in this case i think it refers to the fact that gwen stacy was killed by the green goblin[and possibly by spider-man's hororably meant attempt to RESCUE her]

MJ should've died in the first flic... but then the franchise would have been ruined... I think it's fine the way it is... I'd still like to see Gwen go and sacrifice herself or something but it would be too depressing... let both of em live... MJ dying just wouldn't appeal to the general audience at this point...

Mary Jane needs to die.I hated it when they got Peter married to that ****e.:mad:

Batattack said:
MJ, I want to see some more of Gwens hot ass.
I don't think I've ever agreed with a post so much on the Hype before. :o

FaT_tONle said:
MJ should've died in the first flic... but then the franchise would have been ruined... I think it's fine the way it is... I'd still like to see Gwen go and sacrifice herself or something but it would be too depressing... let both of em live... MJ dying just wouldn't appeal to the general audience at this point...

i agree, they should keep both of them alife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"