Comics Peter Parker's relationships: Post OMD

darthfury78

Civilian
Reaction score
Yeehs, all these different stories to why MJ and Peter are no longer married
I'll assume it'll take at least 5 more years before the marriage is restored

Personally,
I think that as far as a relationship goes for Peter Parker, why not pair him with Betty Brant? That was a relationship that could have taken off following the aftermath of OMD/OMIT.

As for the Black Cat, I always felt that Spider-Man's relationship with a female super hero should include the following as an alternate to the Black Cat. The heroines are as follows:

Ms. Marvel
Silver Sable
Spider-Woman
She-Hulk
Psylocke
Black Widow

While I don't mind seeing MJ and Peter getting back together, I feel that Marvel should have used that moment to rebuild Peter's relationship with Betty Brant as his girlfriend once again. On the Spider-Man/Peter Parker side, his heroine relationship should go beyond the Black Cat. And yet, we got 5 years worth of wasted relationships for Peter.

Personally, I think that Peter Parker x Jessica Drew make for a better relationship than Spider-Woman x Hawkeye. I don't buy the notion that Spider-Man should not date a super heroine because it takes the away the Peter Parker side. They don't want to go there because it's too much of a distraction to the types for stories that they want to write about.

Don't you agree?:BA

I always did like Betty Brant... but she only had eyes for Ned Leeds and Flash Thompson in the past...

who's she hangin' 'n bangin' with THESE days?

I've always dug this pic of her from back in the day. She was all sexed up and in full 60's Mad Men mode. I wish I had that waiting for me when I walk into my apartment.

Typical Parker luck.....my left nut. :o

ASM184_Opening.JPG

They did, their return was recent before Thompson turns Venom

It would have been nice to have seen more quality time between Peter x Betty. The other love interest that never got the chance to develop was Joy Mercado.

Here is her profile:
http://www.comicvine.com/joy-mercado/29-15268/

Besides Joy, a lot of folks have forgotten about Robin Vega who could have been a close friend of Peter Parker if they kept her around in the same manner as the Black Cat. Here is her profile:

http://www.comicvine.com/robin-vega/29-15448/

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/vegarobinspdrmn.htm

On the superhero side, it should have been Spider-Woman x the Black Widow as part of Spider-Man's world as frequent guests respectively as often as the Black Cat. On rare occasions, it could be the She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Psylocke. I exclude Silver Sable because she's dead until they say otherwise. These heroines are alternates to the Black Cat.

Imagine on the type of stories that we might have gotten if those characters were a part of Peter's as much as Mary Jane and Aunt May.

Last edited:
anyone remember that airhead from Pete's past, Cissy Ironwood?...

whatever happened to her and WHAT in god's name did Peter EVER see in HER?!?...

and speaking of years past, whatever happened to Debra Whitman?...

anyone remember that airhead from Pete's past, Cissy Ironwood?...

whatever happened to her and WHAT in god's name did Peter EVER see in HER?!?...

and speaking of years past, whatever happened to Debra Whitman?...
Ironwood is from the 80s?

Debra made an appearance in one arc post Civil War writing her biography, then she's gone again

Debra made an appearance in one arc post Civil War writing her biography, then she's gone again

It would have been cool to Crissy Ironwood return, along with Debra Whitman. The only difference is that Crissy might reveal herself to be Mystique herself. Imagine if Peter's ex-girlfriend was Raven Darkholm all this time?:jedi

Might not be out of the question because Chris Claremont created her to begin with. He the same guy who made Mystique a household name. It might have been interesting if he had had the opportunity to place Mystique in Spider-Man world as either an ally or enemy. Not to mention that Graydon Creed was working alongside the Kingpin to smear Spider-Man's name to the media through JJJ Communications.

Regarding Debra, I first notice her in the Fox Kids Spider-Man TAS as Flash's girlfriend. Never knew that she had an interest in Peter Parker. What's ironic about Spider-Man TAS is that FOX never invested the kind of money to make the animation as superb as they had done with Batman TAS. For a weekly cartoon, I suppose that they were not willing to pay the kind of money that was spent on Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

Last edited:

if I remember correctly, I think Cissy was a character in the 70's sometime that Peter hooked up with...

I exclude Silver Sable because she's dead until they say otherwise.

They already stated in ASM that they could not find the bodies of The Rhino or Silver Sable, translated from comic speak: neither of them is dead.

Didn't read enough MTU, will need to check those issues after getting done with my Hulk and Punisher Marathon

The BEST Betty ever looked was in Web of Spider-Man #124!

That was Mary Jane. Betty didnt appear in that issue.

It would have been cool to Crissy Ironwood return, along with Debra Whitman. The only difference is that Crissy might reveal herself to be Mystique herself. Imagine if Peter's ex-girlfriend was Raven Darkholm all this time?:jedi

Might not be out of the question because Chris Claremont created her to begin with. He the same guy who made Mystique a household name. It might have been interesting if he had had the opportunity to place Mystique in Spider-Man world as either an ally or enemy. Not to mention that Graydon Creed was working alongside the Kingpin to smear Spider-Man's name to the media through JJJ Communications.

Regarding Debra, I first notice her in the Fox Kids Spider-Man TAS as Flash's girlfriend. Never knew that she had an interest in Peter Parker. What's ironic about Spider-Man TAS is that FOX never invested the kind of money to make the animation as superb as they had done with Batman TAS. For a weekly cartoon, I suppose that they were not willing to pay the kind of money that was spent on Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

I always assumed that the reason that so much of the animation and dialog was recycled in the 90s cartoon was because Marvel was bankrupt at the time.

I always assumed that the reason that so much of the animation and dialog was recycled in the 90s cartoon was because Marvel was bankrupt at the time.

True. The company was in the Wrong Hands at the time. McAndrews and Forbes owned Marvel, under the watchful eye of Ron Pearlman. Owned the comapany but didn't know what to do with it.

....and here i thought i was the only one who thought betty should have gotten back with pete. i recall after pete had outted himself during civil war, betty admitted to still having feelings for him. she kept silent cuz she respected pete's marrage to MJ. i loved that scene so much.

It would be nice to see Jennifer Walters(Human form) and Peter Parker establish a friendship in the same manner as he has with Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew. Another relationship that would be interesting to see yet again are Silver Sable and Black Widow towards Spider-Man.

Another personal favorite that I would love to see are is Psylocke x Spider-Man working together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"