Comics anyone else miss peter parker?

Yeah, because we have a competent writer that's making it work. If it wasn't working we'd all be screaming our heads off about it.

It's amazing what GREAT storytelling will get you.......it makes most of us fans as happy as clams. ;)

and i agree that mostly, it's been very interesting. it's a little comical that in a world of skrulls and artificial people and chameleons and such that everyone isn't like "gee, that's an imposter if i ever saw one," but hey, i've always liked doc ock and this is a compelling way to see him...but it should be an a 24 part arc of amazing spider-man, say issues #700-724. go ahead, call it superior, but maintain the fidelity of the title. as you say, us fans enjoy good writing; it doesn't require massive issue gimmicks to get us on board.

I'll give you that... maybe haters WAS too strong a word for those that seem to prefer Otto assuming the role from Peter...

I can't speak for others, but in regards to me...

I'm digging the current story line because it's an interesting story in the life and times of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, and it's also a unique perspective that will never happen again, because people will simply state "not again", "oh noes, been there done that", etc... so we'll never ever get to see one of Spidey's rogues take over his mind ever again, or at least, not for a very long time...

So with that in mind, I don't mind if this bus ride takes a bit longer because it's cool, and it's unique, and let's get to read as many stories as we can... rather than wrapping it up in 3 to 6 months... which is what we basically got with the unmasking... 8 months of stories, when we could have gotten so much more...

The stories have been awesome, and I'll ride it out for as long as it takes...

:yay:

I'm enjoying Superior (a little behind on things lately) and while I had some problems here and there, it's making for an interesting chapter in Pete's career. The thing is, if this was permanent, it would get old after a bit. I can only take so much of Otto gloating and being a tool to everyone. Spend too long on this, and what happens? Otto either becomes more Peter-like (thus defeating the point of the change in the first place) or continues with what he's doing and becomes a villain again.

While a villainous protagonist book would be interesting, if it's the new status quo, people will eventually want the original character back and / or want the anti-villain to be their own identity rather than just being Spidey in name only.

Not at all actually. I think this is the most I've enjoyed Spider-Man...ever. Otto replacing the usual annoying mid-fight quips with condescension and sarcasm is just wonderful. I'll actually be kinda bummed when Peter eventually comes back.

I won't. This thing is gonna run it's course. Ock won't even stay in another younger body as a Spidey carbon copy a la Kaine/Scarlet Spider. At some point a writer is going to want to tell his own Ock story where he's back doing his mad scientist routine.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if there was a moratorium for using the character for a long period of time. It seems like that's what they did with Osborn after he was king of the Marvel villains for a while.

I honestly think they should bring an "Untold Tales of Spider-man" type title back so people can still read Pete. You could have them set in various times from spidey's past, that way people could still read the classic versions of the characters they love and characters who have been long gone. Have it in or out of continuity, I don't care, I'd def read it.

I honestly think they should bring an "Untold Tales of Spider-man" type title back so people can still read Pete. You could have them set in various times from spidey's past, that way people could still read the classic versions of the characters they love and characters who have been long gone. Have it in or out of continuity, I don't care, I'd def read it.

They did last week, Marvel Knights Spider-Man. It's only 5 issues but it's something.

Not to mention ASM # 700.1, 700.2, 700.3, 700.4 & 700.5 coming out in December.

:yay:

Of course. To me, the "Superior" thing is a lame and childish conceit. As though you can put anyone in the Spider-Man costume and suddenly, they're Spider-Man (and even if that's the point of the exercise, it's unecessary to drag it out for a year +). Can't wait for the next mindswap and seeing Norman Osborn in the Spidey costume.

Of course. To me, the "Superior" thing is a lame and childish conceit. As though you can put anyone in the Spider-Man costume and suddenly, they're Spider-Man (and even if that's the point of the exercise, it's unecessary to drag it out for a year +). Can't wait for the next mindswap and seeing Norman Osborn in the Spidey costume.

Well, clearly you have not read a single issue. :down

I gave superior some lack but I enjoy it now :up:

I certainly didn't expect Doc to erase Parker from his mind - at first I was thinking to myself, okay, so Parker is still in his head, he'll wrestle for control, it's a bit clichéd but okay... then BAM!

It was very...existentialist or something - I remember reading that scene and thinking, which one is the real parker? The residual memories and thoughts that Doc just erased, or the consciousness that was transferred into his dying body?

I miss Parker, but i'm not even sure which one IS Parker! :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"