Comics Peter/Felicia's Relationship

Effect

Newtype
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a run down on the relationship that took place between Peter/Spider-man and Felicia/Black Cat?

How and why they hooked up?

Was it a well done relationship?

Were they happy together?

In love with each other?

Why were they broken up (natural reason or was it forced just so he and MJ could get together)?

What are their feelings toward each other now (if MJ was out of the picture would he get back with her, and her with him)?

Do you prefer Peter being with Felicia or MJ? Any reasons for either in favor or against?

Thanks.

Here's what one web-site said, summerizing their relationship:

"Early in her career, she became attracted to the super-hero Spider-Man, and she eventually joined him as a lover and a fellow crime-fighter, earning amnesty for her past misdeeds. However, their relationship had several problems; Felicia was more enamored of Spider-Man's costumed persona than she was of his true identity, Peter Parker, while Spider-Man felt that costumed crime-fighting was too dangerous for a non-superhuman. To compensate, Felicia acquired super-powers from a mysterious source who turned out to be the Kingpin of Crime, one of Spider-Man's deadliest enemies, a revelation which further complicated matters, as did the revelation that Felicia's new bad-luck power might eventually kill anyone in her vicinity, including Spider-Man. Felicia intended to end her relationship with Spider-Man to save his life but, unaware of this, Spider-Man himself broke off the relationship due to their personal differences."
(From www.gayleague.com)

As for now, Peter relates to her as a good friend, and Felicia realizes now that she pretty much missed out on "the one" because of her nievety. They're still friends and occasionally team up together.

MaskedManJRK said:
Here's what one web-site said, summerizing their relationship:

"Early in her career, she became attracted to the super-hero Spider-Man, and she eventually joined him as a lover and a fellow crime-fighter, earning amnesty for her past misdeeds. However, their relationship had several problems; Felicia was more enamored of Spider-Man's costumed persona than she was of his true identity, Peter Parker, while Spider-Man felt that costumed crime-fighting was too dangerous for a non-superhuman. To compensate, Felicia acquired super-powers from a mysterious source who turned out to be the Kingpin of Crime, one of Spider-Man's deadliest enemies, a revelation which further complicated matters, as did the revelation that Felicia's new bad-luck power might eventually kill anyone in her vicinity, including Spider-Man. Felicia intended to end her relationship with Spider-Man to save his life but, unaware of this, Spider-Man himself broke off the relationship due to their personal differences."
(From www.gayleague.com)

As for now, Peter relates to her as a good friend, and Felicia realizes now that she pretty much missed out on "the one" because of her nievety. They're still friends and occasionally team up together.

Also, after they broke up and Peter got with MJ, Felicia came to Peter's home to claim her undying love for him. Only to have the snot beaten out of her by Venom while he tells her that Peter's married. She also spent a good long time tryng to make him jelous by dating 'Flash' Thompson and putting it in his face. Parker finally realised at the end of Millar's MKSM that Felicia was still infactuated with him, and that she's lonely. They seem to be good friends now, and MJ somehow has managed to relate to her, although being insanely jelous of her

Their realtionship lasted through a lot of the 80's, and they were happy at points, but she was too messed up for Pete really. He really tried with her, and eventually got fed up.

One last tidbit:

After Pete officially broke up with Felicia (but before he got with MJ), there was a brief reconciliation between the two. During that time, Felicia decided to get revenge on Pete (or what she considered to be revenge -- I can't say I really understand what that crazy beeotch was thinking) by cheating on him with the Foreigner and making Pete "indebted" to her by solving one of his cases. Spidey, in a complete maddened rage, literally ended up busting in on her and the Foreigner as they were doing the deed. That pretty much sealed the coffin on their relationship and Pete got back with MJ soon afterwards.

I doubt Pete could ever have a real relationship with Felicia again. That ship has sailed and there's just too much baggage between them. As much as some lust still lingers, they'll just run in to a lot of the same problems. She's too amoral for his tastes. And if they did get together, rest assured it would have to be looooong after Aunt May is dead and buried. Aunt May can't stand the woman.

~Mara Jane

Wow I had no idea things went that horribly. Yikes, glad Peter isn't hooked up with her anymore.

I also seem to remember some information out awhile ago (by Bendis, maybe I have it wrong) that a plot line was being discussed about Cat being pregnant by Peter. It was scrapped.

MaraJanesSlave said:
One last tidbit:

After Pete officially broke up with Felicia (but before he got with MJ), there was a brief reconciliation between the two. During that time, Felicia decided to get revenge on Pete (or what she considered to be revenge -- I can't say I really understand what that crazy beeotch was thinking) by cheating on him with the Foreigner and making Pete "indebted" to her by solving one of his cases. Spidey, in a complete maddened rage, literally ended up busting in on her and the Foreigner as they were doing the deed. That pretty much sealed the coffin on their relationship and Pete got back with MJ soon afterwards.
~Mara Jane
Wow... I did not know that... after they had reconciled (I'm guessing after her apt. got blown up?) she cheated on Peter, with the Foreigner, and he caught her?! Geeze. Do you remember which title/issue?

I really liked SM and Felicia together, not that I was reading back in 1979/80, only just born), but them being a bit of fun rarther than a serious relationship was appealing.

Captivated said:
Wow... I did not know that... after they had reconciled (I'm guessing after her apt. got blown up?) she cheated on Peter, with the Foreigner, and he caught her?! Geeze. Do you remember which title/issue?

SSM v.1 #128-129 (IIRC) Yup, this was right after she moved in with him because her apartment was blown up. I think this was also the story arc where Pete threatened to "rip her hair out by it's dark roots," which made me LOL.

I loved their relationship dynamic. And I think it's great that writers have continued using them in a forward momentum that makes total sense. Just because two people didn't work out doesn't mean they can't work together in a different way.

Their friendship works so well because they were so intimate, but it just didn't work that way. That happened to my ex-fiancee and I. We wound up better as friends than we ever did as a couple, but we're much more intimate than regular old friends because of what we went through as a couple.

I think it works well.

Doc Destruction said:
I loved their relationship dynamic. And I think it's great that writers have continued using them in a forward momentum that makes total sense. Just because two people didn't work out doesn't mean they can't work together in a different way.

Their friendship works so well because they were so intimate, but it just didn't work that way. That happened to my ex-fiancee and I. We wound up better as friends than we ever did as a couple, but we're much more intimate than regular old friends because of what we went through as a couple.

I think it works well.

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth. That's exactly how I feel about the relationship between Peter/Felicia. Everytime they hook up together to team up...it's always exciting. They play off of one another perfectly.

She's one of my favorite characters and easily the most interesting team up partner that Spider-man.

she wanna kill him now. I don't see them getting back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"