Marvel Films Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

I’m glad to see fresh blood at Marvel writing the 2024 F4 movie. Apparently they had been plotting the course of how the First Family fits into the MCU with Feige. I hope that includes a full blown treatment for a three film trilogy.

It took the effort of several studios well over a decade, particularly Disney and WB, to realize the benefit of the year-round blockbuster schedule. Because before 2007, studios would NEVER open a big movie in spring -- it was usually summer or Thanksgiving/Christmas.

And the likes of IT, Venom, Joker and Shang-Chi blew away any perception that movies can't do summer-type blockbuster numbers while kids are in school.

I kind of suspect it wasn't just a matter of studios realizing the possibility. Rather, the "rules" *did* change, it just took the studios a while for the studios to notice this change, or gain the confidence to embrace it.

( And it wasn't necessarily a *good* change- part of what shifted probably was "the percent of casual movie-goers who regularly go to The Movies weekly or more dropped". The summer movie season ceased to be as big an advantage because a big chunk of the people who had been taking advantage of the looser schedule to go to the movies to see random stuff, weren't coming anymore anyway. This meant you *had* to target potential customers with specific releases, which works anytime of year, because the walk-in crowd who'd watch whatever was in theater during a summer evening? Weren't there. )

It took the effort of several studios well over a decade, particularly Disney and WB, to realize the benefit of the year-round blockbuster schedule. Because before 2007, studios would NEVER open a big movie in spring -- it was usually summer or Thanksgiving/Christmas.

And the likes of IT, Venom, Joker and Shang-Chi blew away any perception that movies can't do summer-type blockbuster numbers while kids are in school.

with NEVER you probably forgot about Pearl Harbour, X2, the prequel SW trilogy, Troy, Pirates of the Caribean 2 & 3…

If that was announced at D23 it would've been explosive.

I'm guessing they didn't want to announce it at D23 to then the announce 5 days later it was getting delayed from February to July. Probably wouldn't look too good. Either way, glad to see it's official and I'm excited to see Hugh back.

Really? I think a Deadpool v. Wolverine plot sounds like a good 30 minute short.

But it’s JACKMAN, so I’ll be there.

with NEVER you probably forgot about Pearl Harbour, X2, the prequel SW trilogy, Troy, Pirates of the Caribean 2 & 3…

The movies you mentioned came out during the prime summer season, like Memorial Day weekend (which used to be the SW spot). They were not released during the fall, winter or spring months.

Ok this made my evening. I loved both films. And I am not one that’s scared saying “oh well Disney”. Nah I feel like they’re gonna let them still do their thing entirely. They know where the money is.

Ohh he better dawn the iconic Wolverine suit this time. No excuses now we're in the fning MCU.
adam-ross-w41-700x522.jpg

So in 2024, we’re getting Cap 4, Thunderbolts, Deadpool 3, and FF all in a span of 6 months (not to mention Daredevil before all of it). Wow, we’re going to be spoiled rotten.

Ohh he better dawn the iconic Wolverine suit this time. No excuses now we're in the fning MCU.
Eh. Jackman has always been the no-suit kind of Logan. I think it would help to differentiate the new Wolverine and have his introduction have more impact by the new version being the first time we see a Wolverine on screen in the suit.

Eh. Jackman has always been the no-suit kind of Logan. I think it would help to differentiate the new Wolverine and have his introduction have more impact by the new version being the first time we see a Wolverine on screen in the suit.

I think this current saga is just too built on fan service to avoid seeing Jackman in the classic costume. And I don’t say that as a critique. It’s the multiverse and fan service is part of the appeal.

My guess is the MCU version will probably be different enough in overall appearance that the costume aspect will be secondary to it all.

With a possible delay of Blade, they should’ve kept the February 2024 date.

I can see Quantumania (-> July 23) and Marvels (-> November 23) also shifting again. Only Guardians Vol. 3 is safe imho

Hmm I think Blade might get delayed again, making it 3 movies again for neXt year. Unless they started filming around this year.

Hmm I think Blade might get delayed again, making it 3 movies again for neXt year. Unless they started filming around this year.
According to the casting agency that previously posted that they were looking for extras are now saying the production date has now moved to spring. So this is most definitely getting delayed now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"