Marvel Films Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whats that about? Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate X-Men.

Just an image of both teams. It's one of the first images you find on a google search as there aren't many images of the 616 teams together. It's likely not something to do with the Ultimate versions.

Whats that about? Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate X-Men.
He’s using a random image of the FF & X-Men together to represent what may be talked about in this upcoming important meeting in a secret location this week. Marvel is in the midst of coming up with plans for Mutants and FF in the MCU soon. Don’t be surprised if credible rumors pop up about the MCU FF and X-Men sometime after this apparent meeting has ended.

I want an MCU skiing movie set in the Caribbean. It would make perfect sense!
I actually would like something set in the Caribbean, preferably a character-centric take as opposed to just having scenes there. Are there any such characters among Marvel's stable that could be good for a film appearance?

Last edited:
I actually would like something set in the Caribbean, preferably a character-centric take as opposed to just having scenes there. Are there any such characters among Marvel's stable that could be good for a film appearance?
A (Brother) Voodoo film on Haiti, maybe?
White Tiger could partly take place on Puerto Rico.
Blink is from the Bahamas, but has never really had strong cultural ties to it afaik.

That's about it, probably.

I really don't want to see Thunderbolts, especially before Fantastic Four and Mutants. So I hope its the Ant-Man 3quel.

2022 will probably give us Blade, Guardians 3 and Black Panther 2.

2023 will give us Captain Marvel 2, Ant-Man and Family (my predicted title), Nova and a Spiderman Sequel.

Avengers 5 in 2024.

2022 will probably give us Blade, Guardians 3 and Black Panther 2.

2023 will give us Captain Marvel 2, Ant-Man and Family (my predicted title), Nova and a Spiderman Sequel.

Avengers 5 in 2024.
2023 I think will be Fantastic Four.

Marvel wont wait almost 10 years since the last F4 movie lol.
So yeah, their reboot will come sooner rather than later. 2022 is my bet. 2023 at very late.

My impression is that Fiege isn't changing his short-term plan for the MCU majorly as a result of the new acquisitions of the X-men and F4. He's going to let the already planned movies play out and then start to weave those guys in. I reckon he probably had the MCU planned out through to 2023 when the rights reverted, so we'll see the new IP's after that. 2024 will be stacked with Avenger's 5, X-men and Fantastic 4.

none said he is changing his short-term plan.
The last movies he has confirmed are Guardians 3 and Blade. So... anything beyond that is not rushed and he can do any movie he decides this year, in 2020 or 2021. Phase 4 is already planned. The key here is what comes after that.

Considering what TV series have been announced, what films we're waiting on dates for and how the Disney+ series are more interconnected with the films than previous MCU series, I think this would be awesome for 2022-23 ( movies in caps )....

CAPTAIN MARVEL 2
Miss Marvel
BLACK PANTHER 2
Moon Knight
FANTASTIC FOUR
She-Hulk

ANT-MAN 3
Young Avengers ?
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY vol 3
Nova ?
Ghost Rider ?
BLADE

none said he is changing his short-term plan.
The last movies he has confirmed are Guardians 3 and Blade. So... anything beyond that is not rushed and he can do any movie he decides this year, in 2020 or 2021. Phase 4 is already planned. The key here is what comes after that.

I'd argue that he's already had phase 5 planned out in depth for a while as well, given the short length of phase 4. Fantastic 4 in 2022 is possible if they're moving to four movies every year from now on, but that seems like that could just occur in years with Spiderman movies. If we're sticking with 3 movies per year, we won't be seeing F4 in 2022. Blade, Black Panther 2 and Guardians 3 all seem like locks for 2022.

2023 seems pretty certain to include Captain Marvel 2 and likely to include Ant-Man 3. The remaining slot there could be F4 (or X-men for that matter). But if Fiege had already planned out a film like Nova for that year, I think he'll keep that there. He's playing the long game, he doesn't need to move movies around to get F4 and X-men out earlier.

So earliest I see F4 coming out is 2023, but it's probably going to be 2024.

Remeber that is quite possible Disney will want F4 and X men to help prove that the Fox deal was worth it. If it's decided one of them is needed in 2022 then Feige will be ordered to plan it.

I'd argue that he's already had phase 5 planned out in depth for a while as well, given the short length of phase 4. Fantastic 4 in 2022 is possible if they're moving to four movies every year from now on, but that seems like that could just occur in years with Spiderman movies. If we're sticking with 3 movies per year, we won't be seeing F4 in 2022. Blade, Black Panther 2 and Guardians 3 all seem like locks for 2022.

2023 seems pretty certain to include Captain Marvel 2 and likely to include Ant-Man 3. The remaining slot there could be F4 (or X-men for that matter). But if Fiege had already planned out a film like Nova for that year, I think he'll keep that there. He's playing the long game, he doesn't need to move movies around to get F4 and X-men out earlier.

maybe you dont remember, but Marvel pushed back both Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans because they got Spiderman back.
Im not saying thats exactly what will happen with F4, but it all comes down to how much Feige is interested in F4 compared to new characters like Nova and the like. If he is a big fan of the F4 and has some ideas about how to introduce them since years ago, all he has to do is convince Bob Iger and we would get a F4 movie in 3 years lol.
Point being: we just dont know. Anything can happen.

maybe you dont remember, but Marvel pushed back both Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans because they got Spiderman back.
Im not saying thats exactly what will happen with F4, but it all comes down to how much Feige is interested in F4 compared to new characters like Nova and the like. If he is a big fan of the F4 and has some ideas about how to introduce them since years ago, all he has to do is convince Bob Iger and we would get a F4 movie in 3 years lol.
Point being: we just dont know. Anything can happen.

They had a very specific window to get Spiderman back into the MCU and had to move things around to accommodate another studio. They're not working with anyone else on F4, they just have those characters rights and there's no deadline for when they have to start using them. He certainly could move things around to fast-track F4 but why would he? This is a long game he's playing. Spreading out the introduction of big name characters increases the longevity of the MCU.

Honestly I’m surprised so many people think GOTG is 2022. Gunn is 100% busy with Suicide Squad post and promotion until summer 2021. GOTG needs at least a year of post. I know there’s a main cast and a script but the new additions need to be cast, it’s possible he rewrites the script, there might be scheduling to work out with the cast. Fall 2022 is POSSIBLE but doubtful, 2023 seems way more likely.

Honestly I’m surprised so many people think GOTG is 2022. Gunn is 100% busy with Suicide Squad post and promotion until summer 2021. GOTG needs at least a year of post. I know there’s a main cast and a script but the new additions need to be cast, it’s possible he rewrites the script, there might be scheduling to work out with the cast. Fall 2022 is POSSIBLE but doubtful, 2023 seems way more likely.

I think its doable. Suicide Squad 2 just started filming and that is purported to last until this January. Assuming that Vol. 3 is the July 2022 film, Gunn wouldn't have to start filming that until the summer of 2021, by which time all major production work should be done on SS2. He'd presumably would just have to take some time off to help promote that film for its August 2021 release.

Comic-con next year is gonna be huge. Hopefully we get logos and maybe release years for X-Men, F4 and Deadpool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"