• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Marvel Films Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Because that land-locked nation is pushing major outreach and aid programs to countries that aren't landlocked and pollute a lot? I assume Namor will wind up hurting Wakandans accidentally while he hurts non-Wakandans intentionally. (Maybe he'll attack Oakland...)

Maybe he's pissed because they wouldn't build a new stadium for the Raiders. California falls into the Pacific, becomes the new Atlantis, and people in Tevas are hanging out on the beach in Nevada? It could work.....I mean, I think there's a lot of sand there.....

Couldn't they find someone else in Black Panther lore to use a villain for a sequel? Like I wouldn't mind Namor in a Fantastic 4 film, but Black Panther 2? I'd like to see characters that I'm not really familiar with in BP films.

BP and Namor (and....cough....cough...Inhumans) could be awesome for FF tie ins. BP has gone in a slightly different direction so the original BP story has sort of passed us by.

Am I the only one here who thinks Inhumans could actually be a really good and interesting movie if it were handled by Feige and co? I would really like to see it someday.

Yep. The only one. That's why we got a Scott Buck-produced Inhumans TV series instead because everyone else knows that's the only suitable medium and the way they should be interpreted in live action. :o

Yep. The only one. That's why we got a Scott Buck-produced Inhumans TV series instead because everyone else knows that's the only suitable medium and the way they should be interpreted in live action. :o
OK maybe I phrased that a bit weirdly, but I feel like the idea does get glossed over a bit due to the negative reaction for the show.

Am I the only one here who thinks Inhumans could actually be a really good and interesting movie if it were handled by Feige and co? I would really like to see it someday.

I think it would be great as well. Difference is Feige would have a vision and respect the project, Perlmutter (who pushed it to TV) just wanted a mutant replacment and didn’t care enough to give the project the time and respect it deserved. It had a decent cast and it still came out like crap because the wrong team was assigned to put it together.

It’s been confirmed yet again that Marvel has Deadpool but here’s what’s interesting to me.

Huh, did they not watch Once Upon A Deadpool?

With this Gemma Chan news, here's hoping it means we can get Richard Armitage recast as Kraven...

Jihg.gif

I mean, it was a 5 minute role 10 years ago...

I'm coming more around to the idea of casting actors already in the MCU, given that their roles were not too intrusive or if (for the most part) they're covered in makeup. there's some exceptions to this rule, of course.

My best prediction:

February 2022-Black Panther: Atlantis
May 2022-GOTG vol.3
July 2022- The Fantastic Four

March 2023-Captain Marvel: Secret Invasion
July 2023-Spider-Man 4: Sinister Six
November 2023-Blade

February 2024-Uncanny X-Men.
May 2024- New Avengers
July 2024-Ant-Man, Wasp, and the Stature

The more I hear about Eternals the more it seems similar to the Inhumans movie in some ways.

Some of the castings as well as what sounds like a focus on family over civilization/society make me think this will be a more contained intimate take on a group dynamic similar to the Inhumans.

I'd be willing to wager a guess that the TV show happened as a result of Marvel Studio's deciding not to do the movie after separating from Ike and the committee's influence finding Eternals as enough of a blank slate to shape it into what they wanted to a degree.

Eternals sound a lot like the Inhumans, but the Inhumans have more comics history especially with other Marvel characters and have also appeared in cartoons/videoganes. The Royal family could have headlined a trilogy if only Feige wanted to. The only things better about the Eternals are I don't know the characters which makes them more intriguing/mysterious and the Celestials have a pivotal history with the Eternals.

BP and Namor (and....cough....cough...Inhumans) could be awesome for FF tie ins. BP has gone in a slightly different direction so the original BP story has sort of passed us by.
I would definitely include namor and the Inhumans for a FF film, especially Namor wouldn't get a solo film due to Universal and that the Abc show flopped that I don't see an Inhumans film ever happening at least in the next ten years.

Last edited:
Eternals sound a lot like the Inhumans, but the Inhumans have more comics history especially with other Marvel characters and have also appeared in cartoons/videoganes. The Royal family could have headlined a trilogy if only Feige wanted to. The only things better about the Eternals are I don't know the characters which makes them more intriguing/mysterious and the Celestials have a pivotal history with the Eternals.

I would definitely include namor and the Inhumans for a FF film, especially Namor wouldn't get a solo film due to Universal and that the Abc show flopped that I don't see an Inhumans film ever happening at least in the next ten years.

I don't see an Inhumans show happening period, but it would be way cool to include them in a FF movie. That early run introducing Medusa, Gorgon, Crystal, etc. was one of my fav FF stories. I also liked when they lost their powers and Daredevil lead them, but that would probably make not such a good movie....they could save on the special effect though....LOL>

We'll get everyone in due time. Can't believe this universe is still only 11 years old.

I don't see an Inhumans show happening period, but it would be way cool to include them in a FF movie. That early run introducing Medusa, Gorgon, Crystal, etc. was one of my fav FF stories. I also liked when they lost their powers and Daredevil lead them, but that would probably make not such a good movie....they could save on the special effect though....LOL>
After the Abc debacle, I don't see why they would want to give the Inhumans their own show again. Even if they give it a bigger budget, it just won't reach the same size of audience compare to a live action film that will be released worldwide.

Yeah, same here. I was really looking forward to the film, and then it gets turned into a Scott Buck show!

Black Panther 2
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. III
Spider-Man Out of Home

Captain Marvel 2
Ant-Man 3
Blade

Fantastic Four
Avengers 5
X-Men

yas?

Then the sequels for Shang-Chi, Doctor Strange and Eternals for 2025 to kick off PhasiX.

Black Panther 2
Spider-Man Out of Home

Captain Marvel 2
Ant-Man 3
Blade

Fantastic Four
Avengers 5
X-Men

yas?

Then the sequels for Shang-Chi, Doctor Strange and Eternals for 2025 to kick off PhasiX.
I'd be fine with that. 2024 would be off the charts though!

No, but there are problems bringing them to the screen as a stand-alone group. Then there was the fiasco. Bottom line For me is that it could be done, doesn’t have to follow the comics exactly, and could be really interesting. I just don’t think that’s ever going to happen. Setting them with the fantastic four seems like the best option.

I like some of the Inhuman characters and wouldn't mind seeing them done on the big screen, but if it were announced I can't say i'd be excited

I was as disappointed with how the Netflix shows ended with a whimper after some good early output. But for real... Inhumans and Agents Of Shield are the only things I would be happy to throw out completely or ignore in the MCU going forward, way over the Netflix versions of Luke, Danny, Matt etc. I would not mind seeing those actors and their characters in the MCU, especially Daredevil. But AoS and Inhumans can be dropped down the memory hole and I wouldn't blink.

So... Bring on a big screen version of Black Bolt and the family I say. It's no skin off my nose. Continuity is important but let's be honest... No one would really care if they brought in a completely different Inhumans cast and with a different backstory.

Black Panther 2
Spider-Man Out of Home

Captain Marvel 2
Ant-Man 3
Blade

Fantastic Four
Avengers 5
X-Men

yas?

Holy cow that 2024 lineup is what dreams are made of. And I could actually see it happening too with the way the timing is shaking out.

This slate looks like it could very well happen.

Just don't make me wait 5 years for Doctor Strange's next movie lol

I think we could get Doctor Strange 3 earlier if Fantastic Four/Avengers 5/X-Men take longer than expected especially if Scott Derrickson directs the third one unlike the 3 teams which don'thave a director yet. I just hope other than the ips that were announced in Comic Con, there isn't gonna be another movie #1 for someone else (like Thunderbolts). Imo, they should release these threequels first because 4 to 5 year gaps between films isn't gonna make anyone younger and in hindsight, 5 years is a quite a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"