Picture of Justin Chatwin as Goku in Japanese Magazine

Yup, I really want to see what Lord Piccolo and Roshi will look like. Good thing is that we are closer to a teaser trailer now. :)

About Chatwin, his hair looks good for a real live action movie. His body is ok, remember Goku wasnt buffed in his fight with King Piccolo (yes he was a kid I know) and Piccolo Jr. So its fine. Although I really really hope he trains and bulk up for the sequels. Thats a MUST. I mean, im not saying he should be exactly like Goku was in his fight against Vegeta (all SUPER strong like a body builder), but he (Chatwin) at least should look strong.
My thoughts exactly sir :up:

Dragonball the movie might end up turning very good, therefore doing very well in the box office and if that happens, then Fox will treat the sequels with much more importance and with a bigger budget.

Doubtful. Look at their AVP franchise. The first one made $171 million on a $60 million budget, and they followed up with a sequel on a $40 million budget. Mind you, that's after some begging and pleading. It was originally estimated at $30 million.

Even if this is financially successful, the chances of seeing this get a big boost in the future is nil to none with 20th Century Fox. That's why I've been so against Fox making this movie. Somewhere along the line, if they haven't already, they'll find a way to screw us over. If not the budget, then with the script they approved of.

Doubtful. Look at their AVP franchise. The first one made $171 million on a $60 million budget, and they followed up with a sequel on a $40 million budget. Mind you, that's after some begging and pleading. It was originally estimated at $30 million.

Even if this is financially successful, the chances of seeing this get a big boost in the future is nil to none with 20th Century Fox. That's why I've been so against Fox making this movie. Somewhere along the line, if they haven't already, they'll find a way to screw us over. If not the budget, then with the script they approved of.
They could of done so much more with those AVP movies but they were both just awful. :csad: I hope they don't kill DB in the same way!

i agree that fox is far from being the best choice. but they did produce great movies, some of the best ever, so, we can only hope for the best.

AVP made nearly 50% of its entire gross ($171 million worldwide) on its opening weekend; it had among the worst legs in the history of cinema, and is one of only three films to have an opening weekend in America that exceeded $36 million and failed to reach $100 million (Cloverfield and Freddy vs. Jason being the other two).

FOX seems willing to put more money into Dragonball -- the budget should be indicative of that. AVP is not a good comparison/analogy.

This isn't the only example. The FF films come to mind as well. Despite negative reviews, the first one recouped its budget domestically and made more internationally. The sequel came with a plot that involved intergalactic visitors, yet the budget was only expanded by $30 million. There's a history of this. Heck, go back to Rothman's comments on the first X-Men; he thought it was gonna flop. They don't put as much faith in sci-fi and fiction in general as they used to.

Fair enough. I don't disagree with that FOX is a fairly incompetent studio, but they also operate out of context and assumptions -- which aren't always right -- so it's hard to say what's going to happen with the final product of Dragonball.

If Chatwin is any indication, it should be pretty cool. Of course his picture isn't all that tangible at this point so it's hard to really know.

I agree the AVP analogy/comparison isnt good. Take a look at the X-men movies, each movie had bigger budget than the previous one. The same will happen with DB if its successful in the theaters.

I agree the AVP analogy/comparison isnt good. Take a look at the X-men movies, each movie had bigger budget than the previous one. The same will happen with DB if its successful in the theaters.

While this discussion is interesting I'm trying to steer it back towards Chatwin. Thread hijacking = not cool.

They also sucked more then the previous one.

i agree that fox is far from being the best choice. but they did produce great movies, some of the best ever, so, we can only hope for the best.
Of course one of the largest studios in Hollywood is going to have made some good movies. That’s kind of like saying there’s a good chance some random newborn in a hospital nursery in Kentucky you pick out is going to go to the Olympics because there’s an American Olympic team.

The digression has gone on long enough.

back_on_topic.jpg

The digression has gone on long enough.

back_on_topic.jpg
There's nothing more to be discussed with Chatwin. Everything has pretty much been said after a few pages. Why should we keep repeating the same things over and over again about the picture when it's much more interesting to move the conversation to a different topic? When more information is released about the picture, then we'll return to it.

There's nothing more to be discussed with Chatwin. Everything has pretty much been said after a few pages. Why should we keep repeating the same things over and over again about the picture when it's much more interesting to move the conversation to a different topic? When more information is released about the picture, then we'll return to it.

The mods won't feel the same way. It's not that hard to take this discussion to the hyperbolic time lounge. Just because there is nothing more to discuss about Chatwin at the moment doesn't justify digressions. You don't see these kinds of derailing in focus in the Bulma/Roshi threads, do you? And last I checked there's nothing new on them to discuss.

The mods won't feel the same way. It's not that hard to take this discussion to the hyperbolic time lounge. Just because there is nothing more to discuss about Chatwin at the moment doesn't justify digressions. You don't see these kinds of derailing in focus in the Bulma/Roshi threads, do you? And last I checked there's nothing new on them to discuss.
There are really more important things about which to care than people not adhering to the subject of a thread on some message board on the internet. It's not a great crime that people want to change the subject every now and then without stopping and carefully considering if their posts on a given thread are in line with the thread's suggested topic.

lol Trunks6. You seem to be taking the job of a mod too seriously. I agree with Humpty Dumpty, theres nothing wrong with chaning the subject sometimes, also theres nothing else to say about the picture, everything has been said so far.

See you later. Time for college.

lol Trunks6. You seem to be taking the job of a mod too seriously. I agree with Humpty Dumpty, theres nothing wrong with chaning the subject sometimes, also theres nothing else to say about the picture, everything has been said so far.

See you later. Time for college.

I want to discuss Chatwin but apparently nobody else does. However, since this is a Justin Chatwin thread, I think it's fair to expect a discussion revolving around him. Just because there is nothing left for you to say on Chatwin doesn't mean that others don't want to discuss Chatwin's image as Goku.

so trunks, do you think chatwin is going to be able to pull off the power-up? or will his performance in said area bring this movie to new levels of cheese?

so trunks, do you think chatwin is going to be able to pull off the power-up? or will his performance in said area bring this movie to new levels of cheese?

That's a hard question. He showed that he's capable of screaming in The Invisible, but it depends how they decide to do it. Will it be emotional or physical, the powering up? Will he have a goofy, ridiculously over-the-top facial expression or will he act like you'd expect -- in pain over excessive effort?

I personally don't know. If the aura effects are cool then I don't see why it wouldn't be pretty cool to see him power up (in a non-cheesy way).

yeah, i just have this feeling that something is going to be mis-handled...i certainly hope not, as i wont be impressed.. but as you said before he can pull off the scream, so lets hope he does well across the board...still cant wait to see him fighting, that will probably make or break the beleivability for me

Well, the same people who handled the effects of flying for Iron Man and one other high profile movie (not sure which one) are doing Dragonball...at least I remember reading that.

was it 300? i thought i heard something like that..either 300 or the matrix, or both lol

Yeah, 300 as well. Either way, they have an amazing crew working on the special effects. I'm not worried about flying, ki, or aura. It will all look very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"