Picture of Justin Chatwin as Goku in Japanese Magazine

In my honest to God opinion, Dragonball could either own or suck out loud. I personally believe that it will be good entertainment but won't awe you with amazing dialogue or anything...maybe something on par with Fantastic Four.

I pray that the film is worthy of the original show.

a fair estimation of what we all want, my good man

In my honest to God opinion, Dragonball could either own or suck out loud. I personally believe that it will be good entertainment but won't awe you with amazing dialogue or anything...maybe something on par with Fantastic Four.

I'm just hoping that James Wong can give us a much more entertaining film than Fantastic Four (I despised those films, sorry for the harsh sentiment). I truly believe he can, I mean Tim Story (the guy who also directed Barbershop) directed Fantastic Four so it kind of looked like extreme failure from a miles away ( No offense to any FF fans out there but the story is quite bland and not very interesting). James Wong has more to work with IMO and I'm hoping he can deliver at least a film as good as Transformers (Which I enjoyed).

James Wong might not be the best director in the world, but he's certainly better than Tim Story and Brett Ratner.

i dunno about Brett Ratner, but i'll agree that he's a better director than Tim Story. i at least somewhat enjoyed the One. Final Destination was pretty cool too. Tim Story has yet to make a movie that i liked.

NEVER!!! LONG LIVE STREET FIGHTER THE MOVIE!!!

NEVER!!! LONG LIVE STREET FIGHTER THE MOVIE!!!

Ugh, no. The sooner we can collectively forget it exists, the better. Mortal Kombat was so much better.

At least the new Street Fighter movie, despite its bizarre casting, looks to do better. The director actually knows the history of each character and all their stories. If you know Guile's and Charlie's Air Force ranks by heart [like I do, and which the director does], I'm pretty sure you'd be fan enough to make a faithful Street Fighter movie. Reason I bring that up is because their ranks are only mentioned in Street Fighter Alpha 3 if I recall :up:

I don't like that picture. His hair is doesn't look like Goku's, he's not even a little muscular (at least he doesn't look like he is) and that effect looks like it has been photoshopped.

At least the new Street Fighter movie, despite its bizarre casting, looks to do better. The director actually knows the history of each character and all their stories. If you know Guile's and Charlie's Air Force ranks by heart [like I do, and which the director does], I'm pretty sure you'd be fan enough to make a faithful Street Fighter movie. Reason I bring that up is because their ranks are only mentioned in Street Fighter Alpha 3 if I recall :up:

I'm sure anything will be better than that movie. Just two hours of kreuk spreading those legs is all they need to get me to see it. :woot: I'm still pretty certain the best Street Fighter movie will forever be Street Fighter 2 the movie. When I saw that for the first time, it was bliss. It had no story, but who cares. What James Wong needs to do is just watch that movie on a loop while directing and editing dragonball.

I don't like that picture. His hair is doesn't look like Goku's, he's not even a little muscular (at least he doesn't look like he is) and that effect looks like it has been photoshopped.

Yeah, but does anyone on Earth look like Goku?

Yeah, but does anyone on Earth look like Goku?

Facially, Chatwin is pretty close. This has been said a million times, but if and when there is a second film and Chatwin bulks up, he'll pretty much look the part as much as anybody could. Of course, some dislike a Caucasian actor playing him and don't think you can look the part unless you're Asian.

Facially, Chatwin is pretty close. This has been said a million times, but if and when there is a second film and Chatwin bulks up, he'll pretty much look the part as much as anybody could. Of course, some dislike a Caucasian actor playing him and don't think you can look the part unless you're Asian.

See but most anime characters don't look Asian, that's why casting for manga characters is a *****.

yep. Sailor Moon live action show anyone?

Jesus, I apologize in advance for this:

[YT]nvyy_MaJC04[/YT]

Wait, they are making a NEW live action street fighter movie? :huh:

A movie based on Chun-Li???
Why??

what the hell possesed them to make a movie on a second rate character from a series that was popular 10 years ago???

The funny thing is FOX is making it and it has a production blog and promo pics.

what the hell possesed them to make a movie on a second rate character from a series that was popular 10 years ago???
first off, Chun-Li has a more intimate story with Bison than Ryu or Ken do. they're trying to make this a revenge film and Chun-Li's story is perfect for that. as far as her not being popular for 10 years, the same goes for Ryu and Ken. however, SF4 will be released before the end of the year...so Street Fighter won't exactly be dormant when the movie hits theaters next year.

anyway, we're getting off topic so let's continue the convo in the appropriate thread.

I love the pics..... I've shown friends and co workers who loved DB amd DBZ and they think the pic looks good for a LA film....I'm impressed cuz previous pics of his hair weren't so good... but this one takes the cake

I love the pics..... I've shown friends and co workers who loved DB amd DBZ and they think the pic looks good for a LA film....I'm impressed cuz previous pics of his hair weren't so good... but this one takes the cake
So refreshing to hear someone else liked it. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"