Pixar's Inside Out 2 (June 14, 2024)

Ahh Anxiety, my old friend. Good first new emotion, imo.

Should be fun, despite the cast pay issues.

I'm still annoyed that they lowballed the supporting cast and lost Hader and Kaling because of it but I'm at least intrigued by Maya Hawke as Anxiety.

Seeing that Fear and Disgust have seemingly larger roles than they did in the first one makes me all the more bummed that Bill Hader and Mindy Kaling aren't a part of this but on the plus side, Ayo Edeberi and Paul Walter Hauser are great additions.

Seeing that Fear and Disgust have seemingly larger roles than they did in the first one makes me all the more bummed that Bill Hader and Mindy Kaling aren't a part of this but on the plus side, Ayo Edeberi and Paul Walter Hauser are great additions.
Were they even asked to come back?

Were they even asked to come back?
They lowballed them. Amy Poehler got a $5 million paycheck for this and they offered everyone else $100,000 each so they said no while Phyllis Smith and Lewis Black were fine with it. I get that Joy is the most prominent character but not by a significant amoount so that's still wildly unequal.

With Disney, it’ll undoubtedly be no more than subtext, but yeah. A nerdy girl befriending a girl whose hair is that flowing? She’s having stirrings.

With Disney, it’ll undoubtedly be no more than subtext, but yeah. A nerdy girl befriending a girl whose hair is that flowing? She’s having stirrings.

Yeah, I kind of figured people would latch onto that...

They lowballed them. Amy Poehler got a $5 million paycheck for this and they offered everyone else $100,000 each so they said no while Phyllis Smith and Lewis Black were fine with it. I get that Joy is the most prominent character but not by a significant amoount so that's still wildly unequal.
This really dampened my excitement for this movie since hearing about it when the project was announced. It's a real ****bag move of Disney to do, because despite all his talents, Hale is no Hader behind the mic (who has been especially awesome as a pinch-hitter for Pixar/Disney for over a decade). Additionally, Mindy Kaling really nails and exudes Disgust.

Really sucks Smith and Black didn't rally behind them to collectively show their worth.

We got an openly gay character in one of their animated features... It could happen again. :(

This really dampened my excitement for this movie since hearing about it when the project was announced. It's a real ****bag move of Disney to do, because despite all his talents, Hale is no Hader behind the mic (who has been especially awesome as a pinch-hitter for Pixar/Disney for over a decade). Additionally, Mindy Kaling really nails and exudes Disgust.

Really sucks Smith and Black didn't rally behind them to collectively show their worth.
I love Bill Hader so when I heard he wasn't coming back I was really disappointed. I like Tony Hale fine but I'd almost rather Fear not be in the movie at all if he's not voiced by Hader.

I love Bill Hader so when I heard he wasn't coming back I was really disappointed. I like Tony Hale fine but I'd almost rather Fear not be in the movie at all if he's not voiced by Hader.

What’s especially frustrating is Hader would also do uncredited rewrites to help punch up scenes. So it’s kind of crazy they couldn’t just offer him what he was worth after all his help not just as a voice but also behind the scenes.

I'm a bit puzzled at the idea that Riley never felt anxiety before. Kids have anxiety all the time.

I'm a bit puzzled at the idea that Riley never felt anxiety before. Kids have anxiety all the time.
Envy too. I probably felt envy more as a younger kid than I ever have in the years after that.

Envy too. I probably felt envy more as a younger kid than I ever have in the years after that.
Are you saying the premise is flawed? How dare you. 😭

1713034125205.gif

Sounds possibly annoying. I can't wait to sob over him when he inevitably meets a similar fate as Bing Bong.
mr-bison-street-fighter.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"