Playstation Network Hacked

guitarsingerguy

Who am I?
Reaction score
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/862/862953p1.html

PlayStation Networked Hacked
User profiles were at risk.
by Chris Roper
March 28, 2008 - On the official PlayStation site, Sony has warned PS3 owners with PlayStation Network accounts that there has been "a possibility of unauthorized access to personal information on the PLAYSTATION Store through PCs, a content download service of the PLAYSTATION Network." In other words, some folks hacked the PC PlayStation Store and may have had access to users' account information.

It's said that while they may have been able to use gamers' accounts to download software or change their password, they should not have ever had access to credit card information.

Sony claims to have taken immediate measures and patched the security hole as soon as it was discovered. If you can still sign into your PlayStation Network account, you appear to be in the clear.

Lame. :o

Why do people get their jollys from doing this kind of stuff?

Maybe that's why someone was playing Warhawk on my account while I was playing it a while back.

Agreed. World of Warcraft had something similar, someone in the forums would post a link to a Keylogger that would auto DL when you went to the site and ppl got their accounts hacked in mass. Gold sites were the main cause and they'd disenchant and destroy ppl's gear, spam cusswords, delete characters, and then send all cash to one of their accounts. However even tho both situations were done by asses, this one has no point other than to be an ass. It doesn't look like they were able to access ppl's credit cards, maybe it was either an anti-Sony deal, or just showing ppl they could <shrugs>.

Either way it's good no one had any major dmg done. Also noticed it said "PC Playstation Store", so A.) it seems like the PS3 store might have been ok, and B.) maybe they were going for credit card info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"