Sony PlayStation 3 network errors leave frustrated gamers locked out of their console

Anyone going to be stupid, uh I mean brave enough to log in at 00:01 tonight to check if it's all good?

I tried to log in earlier before I knew there was a problem :(

Lucky I was in college when I heard the news and managed to avoid logging in. Terrified to so much as look at my PS3.

It's a problem but not a severe one, it will be fixed with in a day. Slims are not effected. Mine is just working fine and dandy, but my 60 Fat did flip out. So if you have a slim you should have no worries.

Hopefully for their and owners sakes it'll work out tonight and Sony can breathe a huge sigh of relief.

honestly this is a major **** up, unless sony do something and do it quick, they are going to have a lot of pissed off fans and companies on them

some other boards are demanding that sony do something because of this ala when xbl went down, i don't see that happening

Anyone going to be stupid, uh I mean brave enough to log in at 00:01 tonight to check if it's all good?

I'm going to check by turning it on and looking at the date it shows without logging in. If it shows 3/1 or 3/2 rather than 1/1, I might log in.

I'm lucky cos I aint played since 2days ago when I platinumed Infamous and synced to the server. so all my trophies are there and i havent played anything else since.

I tried logging in but nothing happened. I'm just glad i didnt cave to play Dante's inferno like i was gonna.

I'm lucky cos I aint played since 2days ago when I platinumed Infamous and synced to the server. so all my trophies are there and i havent played anything else since.

I tried logging in but nothing happened. I'm just glad i didnt cave to play Dante's inferno like i was gonna.

if it's not affecting slim models, can't sony try to find a solution by comparing the 2 models?

i'm gonna be so pissed if i still can't play this game tomorrow when the show 10 comes out...:cmad:

I think Sony Santa Monica will be sweating pretty hard as the countdown closes in on 0.

people are already saying the midnight time frame is bull. Greece is already changed and no differance

I haven't turned my PS3 on since Saturday. I'm now terrified to do so.

Heh, I was wondering why I couldn't log into PSN, now I know why. I thought it was my internet connection. Thankfully I just got a 360, so I've barely even used my PS3 in the last couple days.

people are already saying the midnight time frame is bull. Greece is already changed and no differance

No, no. The OS clock is set to GMT. The system clock is set to what ever zone you are in. The OS clock is the one that is messing things up, so we should see what happens in an hour.

I turned my PS3 on several times yesterday to see if the problem had been fixed and tried to log in, so if some cataclysmic data failure occurs as a result of turning the PS3 on then it's probably too late for me. Hopefully it's not that bad though, and that nothing bad is going to happen from having used it. I'm pretty sure the only danger is if you play a game and "earn a trophy," because if you get any trophies before the fix they will not be recorded, and you'll lose them as soon as the fix arrives.

117si6o.jpg

:hehe:

:csad:

Last edited:
I'm divided. I'm a PS3 (and 360) owner, so I am directly affected like most PS3 owners. I ****ing love my PS3.

But, part of me wonders what the Apocalypse of a system and Multi-Billion Dollar Company would look like.

I think, if things go as far bad as some claim is possible...this could bury the Playstation brand.

dead-dreamcast.jpg

Granted, Sega is still kicking around. But I don't think anyone would argue that they're same company they used to be.

I don't suggest playing or saving any games.

My 60gig is up and running. Signed right in to PSN. No issues. Date says 2/28 though. I reset the time/date via internet and now has the correct time and date. :up:

Crisis averted.

Kotaku is reporting that PS3s are working again. Once my parents are done with the news I'll probably try booting mine up.

I'm still having trouble getting back into my GTA IV multiplayer, which is pretty lame since I'm about 4 hours away from finishing the Wanted ranking/trophy. I've never had trouble connecting to GTA multiplayer so I assume this issue has something to do with it. Perfect timing. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"