Plop!

Themanofbat

Never Mind the Buttocks...
Reaction score
Does anyone here remember Plop! by DC?

First came out in the fall of 1973, Plop was arguably one of the funniest comics ever put out by either Marvel or DC.

I read these as a kid (I still have the first 18 issues), and they crack me up everytime.

62014482872.1.gif

Anyone have a Plop memory or story? Anyone?

:)

Yep I remember that issue and oddly enough I had that book :D Can't recall any favorite stories right now

Doc Destruction said:
I LOVED Plop! Wow, I haven't thought of that title in YEARS!

Yeah, it's one of those books that are simple reminders of what 70's comics were like, but because the genre is no longer with us, we never get reminded of what an awesome book like this was.

:(

DarkKnightJRK said:
What's Plop! ? :confused:

Plop! was a 24 issue comic from DC that lasted from 1973 to 1976 that you could list under the "horror/humor anthology genre" ...for lack of a better name

Issues were hosted by DC's three ghoulish storytelling hosts: Cain (House of Mystery), Abel (House of Secrets) and Eve (The Witching Hour). An issue would typically contain a story told by each of the characters, each bidding to outdo the others in fiendishness.

Basil Wolverton provided a distinctive cover for most of the issues, always a freak of some kind & Sergio Aragones, perhaps better known for his work in Mad Magazine & Groo, drew many of the more cartoonish tales and most of the surrounding banter between the three hosts.

It certainly was an awesome comic that couldn't possibly survive with today's cynical (and anally retentive) comic book reader.

Heh heh... I've been reading my old Plop! back issues while pooping in the toilet lately.

It's great bathroom reading material. :up:

wow, I've never heard of this book, but it's definitely something it sounds like I should track down

Elijya said:
wow, I've never heard of this book, but it's definitely something it sounds like I should track down

I checked out Mile High Comics the other day, and shockingly, the back issues all range from 60 bucks to 40 bucks per issue in mint.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Themanofbat said:
I'm re-plopling this thread because I want guys liek yoda to see it.

Plop!

And since I'm in love with you, you knew I'd have to read this thread. ;)

I havne't heard of Plop but the art reminds me of the Freak Brothers or Crumbs work. 40 bucks is way more then I'd be willing to spend but there's a comic convention that comes to town every month and they have great deals on back issues and trades. (I went to one the first time last weekend and bought 4 graphic novels for 20 bucks) I looked for Dangerous Habits but they didn't have it. I can't find that trade anywhere. :( I saw alot of comics done by Aragones there so hopefully they have it.

You should check out Kabuki by David Mack sometime. It's poetry in the form of a comic. It has breathtaking art and writing. :up:

I actually have that comic, I wasn't even born when it was released but I inherited it.

Looks really cool too bad I'll never have a chance to read it :(

masteryoda said:
And since I'm in love with you, you knew I'd have to read this thread. ;)

I havne't heard of Plop but the art reminds me of the Freak Brothers or Crumbs work. 40 bucks is way more then I'd be willing to spend but there's a comic convention that comes to town every month and they have great deals on back issues and trades. (I went to one the first time last weekend and bought 4 graphic novels for 20 bucks) I looked for Dangerous Habits but they didn't have it. I can't find that trade anywhere. :( I saw alot of comics done by Aragones there so hopefully they have it.

Don't forget that the 40 bucks were for mint copies.

Plop! was one of those comics you rolled up in your back pocket as a kid and went fishing, so you're more liable to find crappy conditioned copies out there.

I loved PLOP!. Trouble is that the store I was buying my comics from back then didn't always carry it. It was a drug store. Long before comics stores existed, this is how I bought my comics.

Sounds like a funny title, I usually agree with Themanofbat on his opinions so I might try and see if I can find a crappy copy for cheap.

plop plop fizz fizz
oh what a relief it is.
:csad:

masteryoda said:
So's yer mom. :cmad:

You need a girlfriend... your hand is too swollen, and your post quality has dropped. :cmad:

Wha happened???

:csad: :csad: :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"