Podcasting remotely

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
Hey all.

I am investigating a podcast but of course, since they are not local they would have to communicate via a VOIP method.

Does anyone have any experience in this?
Just curious.

Not sure I totally understand what you're trying to do, Mal. You want to do a podcast show with someone who isn't local to you, like maybe interview them or have them cohost?

jag

Not sure I totally understand what you're trying to do, Mal. You want to do a podcast show with someone who isn't local to you, like maybe interview them or have them cohost?

jag
I think that's what he's asking.
If so I'd like to know how to do this, as well.

Hi, Mal.
Hi, Jag.

I think that's what he's asking.
If so I'd like to know how to do this, as well.

Hi, Mal.
Hi, Jag.

Correct
Imagine me in my office at home and connect with someone in lets say New York for the bad place of it. I have heard Skype works ok for this.

I just havent dont this before.

You're on a PC, right, Mal? This would be so much easier on a Mac, but it can be done on a PC.

jag

I haven't tried to do it in a long time, but I could never get it to work on a Mac, or a PC.

Here's a good article on Skypecasting, which is what you're talking about doing:

http://www.henshall.com/blog/archives/001056.html

This also talks about some ways to do it, but it's Mac-centric:
http://www.breakitdownblog.com/recording-a-podcast-on-your-mac-using-skype-and-audio-hijack-pro/

I have some friends who do podcasting using Skype. They'll record an interview over Skype and then dump it into Garageband and chop it up into segments, add effects, edit the stuff out they don't want and then publish it. The key is to get a good Skype setup or a phone capture card in your system so you can record phone conversations with good quality. They also invested in a decent omni-directional studio mic and experimented with different rooms in their house so they can do live interviews as well.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"