Poison Ivy Casting Thread

How good of an actress do you really need for Poison Ivy though? Let's be honest, this isn't near as nuanced a role as, say, Catwoman or Talia. I think you can get away with a mediocre actress and do fine. The main things for DCEU Poison Ivy, imo, is she has to look appealing and she needs good chemistry with Margot Robbie. If she has those two things, I think she'll be fine.

Samara Weaving as the Poison Ivy to Robbie’s Harley Quinn.

Samara Weaving I would use if more of a cute fun girl buddy take on the character.

How good of an actress do you really need for Poison Ivy though? Let's be honest, this isn't near as nuanced a role as, say, Catwoman or Talia. I think you can get away with a mediocre actress and do fine. The main things for DCEU Poison Ivy, imo, is she has to look appealing and she needs good chemistry with Margot Robbie. If she has those two things, I think she'll be fine.

Phoebe Tonkin's name has been floated out for numerous fan castings but none of them seemed to really be perfect I don't think until coming across this thread and Poison Ivy seems to fit.

Most of you might recognize her from "The Vampire Diaries" or "The Originals"; she's friends with Margot Robbie and the two of them often go to fashion shows together so there could be good casting possibility there.

D-hF2bZXYAY5286.jpg

I couldn't find any photoshop jobs with her in the Poison Ivy role but do like this character poster of her that was made for season 2 of "The Originals" (Details about this poster given at following link: aboutnicigiri: The Originals Season 2 Character Posters)
1548119_657591471014879_2139044833139242783_o.jpg

This fan rendition utilizing this poster I found interesting here as well:
Phoebe Tonkin Italia by KiraMartell on DeviantArt

The image evokes a kind of draconian stern look yet counterbalanced with a 2nd softer image in fan rendition linked above. I can see the actress putting some dimension behind the Poison Ivy character.

Margot Robbie might be keen on casting her and I think she'd gel well either in The Batman or a Gotham City Sirens/Birds of Prey sequel.

Last edited:
Sorry if this was already posted.

You know what, they didn’t call me yet. But if they did, I would love to go in and try out because Poison Ivy is one of my obsessions in life.”

“No, that has nothing to do with Poison Ivy. That [post] has to do a lot with Batman [because] I have separate obsessions. I have bigger obsession with Poison Ivy, I’m just being honest.”

Honestly, there's a whole handful of actresses on Game of Thrones that'd be great in the role. Main one that comes to mind? Natalie Dormer. Take the seductive side of Margaery, crank it up to 11 and add a dash of psychopath, you've got Ivy.

Natalie Dormer wouldn't be a bad choice

Jessica on her last shot in It Chapter Two :wow:

Sarah Snook. Maybe because I've been watching Succession recently, but look....

085fc030beb475b30e439c727f1589ec.jpg

3264_01E_SHOT_04_029_RGB.jpg

Sarah Snook. Maybe because I've been watching Succession recently, but look....

085fc030beb475b30e439c727f1589ec.jpg

3264_01E_SHOT_04_029_RGB.jpg
She gives me "girl next door" vibes. Not to say she isn't attractive, she is but I'd kinda prefer a different vibe for the role.

Rebecca Ferguson.
images - 2019-11-23T124208.563.jpeg

My list:
-Jessie Buckley
-Rebecca Ferguson.
-Vanessa Kirby.
-Rosamund Pike.
-Riley Keough.
-Eva Green.
-Elizabeth Debicki.
-Jodie Comer.
-Saoirse Ronan.
-Keira Knightley.
-Sonoya Mizuno.
-Haley Benett.
-Samara Weaving.
-Olivia Wilde.

So just Catwoman candidates who didn't get the role?

Can I take it you don't watch "Succession"?
I do. And it's precisely because of that show that she gives me girl next door vibes. Nothing about her performance or looks there indicate "Poison Ivy" to me.

I do. And it's precisely because of that show that she gives me girl next door vibes. Nothing about her performance or looks there indicate "Poison Ivy" to me.

So how do you have Keira Knightley and Saorise Ronan in your list?

I like the idea of Ronan. Less of the temptress, more of the earthy, slightly otherworldly vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"