Poison Ivy Casting Thread

Roderick

Civilian
Reaction score
Now that she is apart of the Suicide Squad I could see her appearing at some point, especially alongside Margot Robbie's Harley. I personally can't think of someone, but I think she has the potential to be a great side villain as well as a well rounded character.

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDtrlpuvS74[/YT]

After seeing this in Arkham Knight as well as her character's portrayal through the entirety of the game, my love for her character has reignited and I really wanna see her in the DCCU. :sly:

Sienna Miller
sienna-miller-in-observer-magazine-january-2015-issue_2.jpg

Jessica Chastain. Or her knockoff, Bryce Howard.

Christina Hendricks would make a very... well rounded Ivy.

U1Bb7ZN.gif

Eva Green is literally perfect for the character IMO. I know everyone always picks her for Catwoman, and I think she could play that role well too but I think her acting style (and her look) fits better for Poison Ivy. She's played the seductress villain masterfully a few times, which is exactly what Poison Ivy is. And she can pull off the red hair (might even be a natural red head for all I know)...

medium.jpg

And can we stop with the Christina Hendricks thing, OK we get it, she's got big **** and red hair, but she can't act.

Last edited:
Seven seasons of Mad Men disagree with you.

Eva Green is literally perfect for the character IMO. I know everyone always picks her for Catwoman, and I think she could play that role well too but I think her acting style (and her look) fits better for Poison Ivy. She's played the seductress villain masterfully a few times, which is exactly what Poison Ivy is. And she can pull off the red hair (might even be a natural red head for all I know)...

medium.jpg

And can we stop with the Christina Hendricks thing, OK we get it, she's got big **** and red hair, but she can't act.

As a matter of fact, she's a natural blonde. And I can see this work.

If we're to go with a redhead actress, Lotte Verbeek from "Borgias" just came to mind. If for nothing then to introduce some novelty to these suggestions - a redhead woman that is not Christina Hendricks, Jessica Chastain or one of many actresses from "Game of Thrones".

Gemma Arterton, for me. Watch Byzantium to see why.

Jessica Chastain. Or her knockoff, Bryce Howard.

Bryce is too talented to be a knockoff. :o

Nevertheless, I do agree that both would be great choices for the role. Personally, I wouldn't want to see Christina Hendricks as Poison Ivy. Just doesn't seem right (imo).

Bryce Dallas Howard as Poison Ivy

Rosamund Pike as Poison Ivy is actually not that bad as far as casting but then they would have to dye her hair red if anything but personally Bryce Dallas Howard she would be the best pick as far as casting wise goes for Poison Ivy because not only is she a natural redhead but also judging from her past work she would be able to pull off being Poison Ivy

Jessica Chastain I actually could see her as Poison Ivy as well believe it or not and how no one sees it is beyond me...that and Bryce Dallas Howard too I mean they would both own in the role depending on who they would go with

Christina Hendricks as Poison Ivy she too would also be a frontrunner

For anyone who's watched Mr. Robot, Stephanie Corneliussen would make an AMAZING Poison Ivy. She's got the looks (with dyed hair or a wig), and she's an extremely talented actress. There's one scene in the first season where she switches her demeanour from cordial to lethally dangerous using only her eyes, something Poison Ivy would definitely do.

MV5BMTcwNjQzMjAwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDA0MzE1MDE@__V1__SX1223_SY590_1.jpg

Chastain would be a much better Catwoman. Her red hair blinds people.

For anyone who's watched Mr. Robot, Stephanie Corneliussen would make an AMAZING Poison Ivy. She's got the looks (with dyed hair or a wig), and she's an extremely talented actress. There's one scene in the first season where she switches her demeanour from cordial to lethally dangerous using only her eyes, something Poison Ivy would definitely do.

MV5BMTcwNjQzMjAwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDA0MzE1MDE@__V1__SX1223_SY590_1.jpg

Love this idea. She's sexy and terrifying at the same time.

Way too young. I wouldn't consider anyone under mid-thirties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"