Post-Avengers 2020 - rank the Marvel games you've played

Reaction score
X-Men Legends is still my favorite. Compare to the sequel and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1/2, this one doesn't look as dated (excluding the cutscenes) and its because of the art style. And it was just exciting getting new characters to play as you progress unlike in the other three games, in whichyou don't need to wait until the 15th mission to play the last playable character. So not every playable character got an introduction in the main story.

Spider-Man 2018 is not my favorite but it has the best graphics and has the best story out of the all Marvel games I've played. Despite not having a lot of bosses in the first half of the game.

Please Marvel, make a new X-Men game!

1. X-Men Legends
2. Spider-Man 2018
3. Ultimate Alliance
4. X-Men Legends 2
5. Capcom fighting games
6. X-Men Mutant Academy 1 / 2
7. Spider-Man Friend or Foe
8. Ultimate Spider-Man
9. X-Men Origins Wolverine
10. Ultimate Alliance 2
11. X-Men The Official Game

Not ranking Avengers 2020, as I've only played the betA.

I've played marvel games throughout 30 years. So I'd probably forget some.

I will say though that my top favorite marvel games are Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2, X-Men Legends 1&2 and X-Men Arcade games

Last edited:
I really need a X-Men Legends 3. Like it doesn't need to be called as X-Men Legends 3, but can be seen as spiritual successor.

-15 to 18 playable characters
-comic books/artworks as collectibles
-roam around the X-Mansion
-collecting danger room discs for bonus content
-flashback missions
-danger room
-linear game but you can go back to the previous locations if you missed something
-simple hud
-gears/abilities are easy to understand
-no multiplayer but you can do co-op upto 4 players
-certain characters can make a bridge
-there's no microtransactions

The only major difference I would make is I don't want a top down view. I want something similar to the camera of Spider-Man 2018. And I want the graphics to be photo realistic. X-men Legends basically created the template for Marvel team up action adventure games. Like before it, its either we got fighting games, platform games or solo games.

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance
3. Captain America: Super Soldier
4. Lego Marvel superheroes trilogy
5. X-Men Legends 1&2
6. Spider-Man : Shattered Dimensions
7. Spider-Man 64/Playstation
8. Ultimate Spider-Man
9. Wolverine: X-Men Origins: The Game
10. The Incredible Hulk : Ultimate Destruction
11. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
12. Iron Man: The Movie game
13. Sega Genesis/ Super Nintendo Spider-Man
14. Maximum Carnage
15. X-Men Arcade's Revenge
16. Captain America & The Avengers
17. Fantastic Four
18. The Incredible Hulk
19. X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
20. Spider-Man 3

Majority of the pre-2000 sidescrolling games are garbage, so I'll ignore them in making this list.

1. Treyarch's Spider-Man 3: I don't get the hate. Sure there is a significant number of legit points of criticism geared toward it, but a lot of other negative comments are either stuff in common with every other game or they are complaints that feel like complaining for the sake of it. It suffers from being an incomplete game with some rushed looking character models, but the variety of model designs and character actions is something pretty unique for a rushed movie tie-in that feels way too ambitious for its own good. Even then the wallcrawling is done way better than it is in the newest game we can all agree is the best Spider-Man game released to date.

I will say this without shame; this is the most underrated game I've ever played because of the aforementioned reasons.

2. Marvel's Spider-Man: So many costumes to choose, good amount of powers to have fun with, plenty of gadgets to be entertained with that add more value to boss fights especially in New Game+, a greater variety of things to do than all the previous Spidey games, great representation of Spidey and his world, ideal voice actors and actresses for these versions presented of the characters, taking key stuff from 60s-80s plots with some of the pre-BND 2000 stuff more than post BND stuff, more 616 than Ultimate, but with certain amount of the last two elements that work well and can be utilized properly... what's not to love about a game starring one of your favorite characters? There are plenty of items that start with the wallcrawling, but that will require a page worth of ranting to cover, and I'm not in the mood to do that now.

3. LEGO Avengers:
Simply my favorite of all the LEGO games. Signature TT LEGO humor, what works about the previous LEGO Marvel title and improved upon, Spider-Man can stick to walls, Hulk can perform high jumps, Veronica (Hulkbuster) armor flies and does it faster than normal Iron Man armors, a variety of Iron Man armors with more functions, speedsters can finally run on walls and on water, full Manhattan and SHIELD Helicarrier, along with other areas that all include fun puzzles.... it is almost the dream LEGO game. Though the lack of specific map per area is sad, and no X-Men, and no Fantastic Four.

4. LEGO Marvel Superheroes:
Yes.

5. Raven Software's Wolverine Origins:
Another game where the main console game is the best one. Forcing the developer to slap the movie tie-in moniker hurt it noticeably and held it back from standing up as one of the more memorable games to the public eye. I will say this though; as much as I love Steven Blum's voice for the character, I'm happier we got Hugh Jackman's voice instead.

6. Spider-Man 2 (Treyarch): Yeah, the movie tie-in. How dare I enjoy Spider-Man 3 more than this one and even the superior Insomniac one? Simple; gameplay mechanics helped make the experience with Spider-Man 3 different everytime, and you also get to protect J. K. Jameson. This one obviously feels more complete and has tighter camera view and better wall bouncing, along with the most fondly looked back to swinging mechanic, it also refreshed other gameplay mechanics, but webzipping inside areas doesn't work for me for some reason (made a couple of Ock missions nearly impossible for a while).

Also; web attacks in this are more limited than they are in its sequel, I don't get saying it's the other way around. Trust me on this one, I've finished both of these games numerous times.

7. PS1 Spider-Man games
8. Ultimate Spider-Man (Treyacrh)
9. Capcom Fighting Games that don't use 3D models
10. Web of Shadows (DS)
11. Web of Shadows (Shaba)
12. The Punisher (2005)
13. Friend or Foe
14. Marvel Ultimate Alliance
15. Captain America: Super Soldier
(fun Arkham Asylum lite game with serviceable entertaining combat)
16. LEGO Avengers 2: Some of the puzzles suck, quests are annoying, some of the voice cast suck (especially Gwenpool), and it bothers me they used the movie version of the Guardians of the Galaxy instead of the more elegant and serious comic version of them, it's like replacing Salvador Larocca with Erik Larsen as your story artist.
17. Amazing Spider-Man Games from Beenox
18. Spider-Man 3 (Vicarious Visions):
I don't know, sometimes I think I like this one more than TASM 2, but there are things I like more about that game.
19. Incredible Hulk (Movie Tie-In)
20. Other Spider-Man non-portable games
21. Ugly MCU based games
22. I don't know what I've missed, but I won't list portable stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"