IGN's Top 10 Superhero Games

Oh yeah because MVSC2 wasn't just streetfighter with marvel avatars right? :whatever:

No it wasn't. MvC2 a great game that tried to both capture the feel of the comic characters and create a balance for the sake gameplay(which really didn't pan out too much considering Cable, Magneto and Storm are top tier).

It's true that some of the characters fell into the same gameplay category of Street Fighter 2 characters. Eg. Fireball + Dragon punch such as Spider-Man with the web ball and spider sting or Cyclops with his optic blast and gene splice. But even then, those moves had unique characteristics that made the characters themselves unique.

There hasn't been one 2D fighter I can think of that HASN'T used the Street Fighter template for the moves.

No it wasn't. MvC2 a great game that tried to both capture the feel of the comic characters and create a balance for the sake gameplay(which really didn't pan out too much considering Cable, Magneto and Storm are top tier).

It's true that some of the characters fell into the same gameplay category of Street Fighter 2 characters. Eg. Fireball + Dragon punch such as Spider-Man with the web ball and spider sting or Cyclops with his optic blast and gene splice. But even then, those moves had unique characteristics that made the characters themselves unique.

There hasn't been one 2D fighter I can think of that HASN'T used the Street Fighter template for the moves.

Hmm so how comes I have pretty much NEVER seen those characters use any of those moves? Or anything close?

I thought that in a licensed game you would at least sort of stay close to t he characters and abilities...yet I have never seen wolverine deliver a tornado claw..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"