IGN's Top 10 Superhero Games

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
IGN has a feature and they list their top 10 list of sueprhero games.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/788/788705p1.html

10. The Punisher (1993)
9. Captain America and the Avengers
8. Batman the game
7. Maximum Carnage
6. X-men Legends 2
5. The Punisher (2004)
4. X-men the Arcade Game
3. Spider-man 2
2. Marvel vs Capcom 2
1. Hulk Ultimate Destruction

Where's Marvel Alliance?

and Hulk Ultimate Destruction beat Marvel vs Capcom 2?

What is this? bizarro world?

MUA was a shocking admission, but I can see why its not there as XML2 is in.

As far as Hulk beating MvC2, that one is valid. MvC2 is a great game and a great fighter but the top superhero game? It really has nothing to do with being a superhero and it doesnt immerse you in a superhero world. Its a fighter with Marvel characters. Theres no story and the game dosnt really make you feel like any of the heroes. Hulk on the other hand does . It defiently deserves to be in the top 3

WTF is the big fuss over Hulk: Ultimate Destruction? It's a decent game, but it's so overrated.

WTF is the big fuss over Hulk: Ultimate Destruction? It's a decent game, but it's so overrated.
bc it captured the Hulk better than any other game captured a super hero. Only one that ranks up there as far as that goes is Spider-man 2

I'm sorry but XML2 should not be on that list.

The roster alone felt half assed and I wouldn't call half of the characters X-Men ''Legends"

The cast of the first X-Men Legends have more a legendary X-Man status? Emma Frost, Jubilee, Beast, Psylocke were all noticeably absent from XML2 as playables and they are more commonly known and well liked than some of the choices for XML2.

I mean come on, Scarlet Witch, Toad, and fricking Sunfire? SUNFIRE?!

Love those characters but those are not legendary X-Men. Not in my book. Scarlet Witch is more of an Avenger character. Toad is just lame. And I can't even recall when Sunfire even called himself an X-Man. Sure, he's a mutant, but yeah.

MUA should have been on the list instead of X-Men Legends 2.

true, I would have chosen MUA over XML2, but I think XML2 was the best X-men game ever made. The roster had some off choices, but they were intentionally going for a theme there with hte Brotherhood/X-men team up

I never really liked 2D fighting games...if you ask me, the marvel imperfects vs mode was way better, and actually represented the comic characters instead of just using them as glorified avatars.

I agree with most of the list, but I have to disagree on the choice of the batman game. I think the one based on the Animated Series was much better. Like they said the music was good for an NES game, but not a lot of the game seemed like Batman to me.

I also think that Ultimate Alliance should have been in there over XML2.

They're missing Spider-Man on PS1/N64.

I would have actually liked XML1 in there instead of XML2

nah XML2 was better than XML1. It expanded on it and the only thing XML1 had over XML2 was roster, but that didnt matter since there were so many clones in XML1 and too many characters showed up too late in the game

The Spidey PS1 game should have been in the top five. Stupid Spidey 2.

MUA was a shocking admission, but I can see why its not there as XML2 is in.

As far as Hulk beating MvC2, that one is valid. MvC2 is a great game and a great fighter but the top superhero game? It really has nothing to do with being a superhero and it doesnt immerse you in a superhero world. Its a fighter with Marvel characters. Theres no story and the game dosnt really make you feel like any of the heroes. Hulk on the other hand does . It defiently deserves to be in the top 3

"omission"

The Spidey PS1 game should have been in the top five. Stupid Spidey 2.
Spider-Man on the PS1 was extremely overrated. It was OK for it's time, but that's it. It has dated poorly. A good game should always be fun. I have the game still and played it about 3 or 4 months ago. Trust me, it's not as good as you remember. Games like Doom and Marvel vs Capcom are classics because they hold up very well and are still fun. Spider-Man for the PS1, not so much.

I also still have my Spider-Man 2 game, which IMO is better than the SM3 game that just came out (but in all fairness I haven't beaten it yet). I still go back to that game.

I enjoyed the hell out of Hulk:UD and still pop it in from time to time, so no qualms there. I thought the Spidey PS1 game was fantastic; the storylines, the quips, the extras. It is a bit dated though. Still has it's moments (I love the Mysterio fight and final level), but I played a few months back when I was organizing some stuff and it was a little bland, which isn't that big of a knock given the advancements in gaming. I still play Spidey 2 just to websling around the city, which I thought Treyarch absolutely nailed.

Glad to see that latest Punisher game on there. That was damn fun, especially after beating it a few times and going crazy with the codes.

M:UA should have gotten the nod over XML2.

True. And I can agree with the Mysterio fight. It was good. I also loved running from Monster Ock. And I was also pleased to see the Punisher made it as it was one of the best third person shooters ever. I think they threw in Batman the game to appease DC fans.

Marvel Vs Capom 2 really is the best on the list. Ultimate Destruction is awesome, but u;timately it's just Grand Theft Auto with the Hulk. MVC2 is not only incredibly entertaining but captures most of the Marvel characters better than any other medium outside the comic. Certainly it has the best version of Spider-Man anywhere.

marvelcapcom1.jpg

Justice League Heroes is also a lot of fun, and superior to the similar Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

5435_13.jpg

I'm also a big fan of the Batman game Rise of Sin Tzu....

batman-rise-sin-tzu-6.jpg

However, the ultimate superhero video game....

batman_returns.jpg

Batman Returns for the SNES!

Marvel Vs Capom 2 really is the best on the list. Ultimate Destruction is awesome, but u;timately it's just Grand Theft Auto with the Hulk. MVC2 is not only incredibly entertaining but captures most of the Marvel characters better than any other medium !

Oh yeah because MVSC2 wasn't just streetfighter with marvel avatars right? :whatever:

man I thought I was the only one that loved Batman Returns for the SNES.

Marvel Vs Capom 2 really is the best on the list. Ultimate Destruction is awesome, but u;timately it's just Grand Theft Auto with the Hulk. MVC2 is not only incredibly entertaining but captures most of the Marvel characters better than any other medium outside the comic. Certainly it has the best version of Spider-Man anywhere.

I'm also a big fan of the Batman game Rise of Sin Tzu....

what a very untrue generalization... did you even play the game? with the exception of it being a 'sandbox' title, it was nothing like gta.

and sin tzu sucked big time.

I'm sorry but XML2 should not be on that list.

The roster alone felt half assed and I wouldn't call half of the characters X-Men ''Legends"

The cast of the first X-Men Legends have more a legendary X-Man status? Emma Frost, Jubilee, Beast, Psylocke were all noticeably absent from XML2 as playables and they are more commonly known and well liked than some of the choices for XML2.

I mean come on, Scarlet Witch, Toad, and fricking Sunfire? SUNFIRE?!

Love those characters but those are not legendary X-Men. Not in my book. Scarlet Witch is more of an Avenger character. Toad is just lame. And I can't even recall when Sunfire even called himself an X-Man. Sure, he's a mutant, but yeah.

MUA should have been on the list instead of X-Men Legends 2.
Are you aware that this list isn't actually important?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"