Homecoming Post-Homecoming: Rank your top 3 Spider-man movies

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man: Homecoming

01. Spider-Man: Homecoming
02. Spider-Man
03. The Amazing Spider-Man

I haven't seen Homecoming yet. Throwing my two cents in anyway, then I'll update it Monday after watching Homecoming. I don't understand the hate for the "Amazing" movies. Garfield was a horrible Peter Parker, but his portrayal of Spider-Man was almost perfection IMO.

1. Spider-Man
2. The Amazing Spider-Man/Spider-Man 2
4. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
5. Spider-Man 3

1. Spider-Man 2
2 (tie) Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Homecoming...

I will admit though, give t a few years and maybe I'll view Homecoming as worse than SM1 (or maybe better?). I think SM1 is a more substantial movie with more timeless grandeur and dramatic heft, and it will continue being a greater classic, but Homecoming is also narratively tighter and just gets the character so, so right.

4. Spider-Man 3
5. The Amazing Spider-Man
6. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man

Literally no way this Homecoming was better than Spider-Man 2. That had a plot story and more than one character with real motivations.

#1: Spider-Man 2
#2 Spider-Man/Homecoming
#3 TASM

Alana´s Gun;35446061 said:
Literally no way this Homecoming was better than Spider-Man 2. That had a plot story and more than one character with real motivations.

Spider-Man 2 could be considered a better movie overall, but the level of enjoyment I got out of Homecoming can't be ignored.

Ranking all of the Spider-Man films

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Amazing Spider-Man

I rewatched every Spider-Man film before Homecoming to prepare myself and Spider-Man 2 still holds up so well. The characters, depth and overall story structure is just so perfect. I know some people don't like Tobey's Peter Parker/Spidey but for whatever reason it just works, even though technically it's not like the comics.

I also love the first Spider-Man, but it never hit me the way the second film did.

Rewatching the Webb movies and while initially I hated TASM2 in theaters, I enjoyed it so much more watching it now three years later. The Harry/parents stuff is dumb and I would've definitely cut it out of the film, but the Gwen Stacy scene is so very well done.

1. Spider-Man 2
  2. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  3. Spider-Man
  4. Spider-Man 3
  5. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
  6. The Amazing Spider-Man

Just got back from my second viewing and I'm thinking this might top every other one.

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man
3. TASM
4. Homecoming
5. TASM 2
6. Spider-Man 3

I think.... I don't hate the "bad" SM movies as much as most people though. Might move Homecoming ahead of TASM after repeat viewings.

1) Homecoming

The rest just don't matter.

Other SM fell short of the SM movie in my head and Homecoming blew way past it.

Thank you, Heaven Feige and the movie gods. I'm the happiest SM fan on the planet.

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
TASM2
TASM

1 Spider-Man Homecoming
2 ASM
3 Raimi trilogy ( not a fan of Toby at all)
4 ASM 2

1. Spider-Man 2- my 2nd favorite superhero movie of all time
2. Spider-Man Homecoming- Finally someone who is great as both Peter and Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man- great origin story.

Spider-man 2
Spider-man 1/Homecoming
TASM
SM3
TASM 2
As much as I loved Homecoming, I still feel like SM2 is another level. Homecoming definitely got the characterization of Peter and Spider-man perfect, but it lacks a few things. I loved the action in Homecoming, but it didn't come close to the Doc Ock fight. Raimi was great with fight scenes and web slinging. I'd also argue that the supporting cast was better in SM2. JJ is hilarious, Aunt May has a bigger impact, Harry and Peter's friendship, and we have MJ. So much of the movie and the characters are iconic. I really think the sequel can improve on all of this, and I'm really excited.

1) Spider-man 2
2) Spiderman 1/ Homecoming
3) Amazing Spider-man 2

To me, Spider-man 2 is still king. The movie just has everything and is a grand love song to the character. The movie just has that emotional heft to it that hits me in my core everytime. I still think its a CBM masterpiece and quite possibly the quintessential film about what it means to be a superhero.

I'd like to also take this time to defend my third pick. I chose ASM 2 over ASM and SM3, because, even though it is a mess of a film there are several....parts of it that i feel are well done and are re-watchable. Some of the Peter/ Gwen scenes are touching and well written, the suit in the movie is beautiful to watch in motion, the Spidey/Electro fight at the end is cool and the Gwen's demise is well constructed. That said, the movie is still a mess, but ASM bored me out my mind and Lizard's CGI is pathetic, and SM 3's gross mishandling of Venom and the Peter smacking MJ at the bar scene make that movie hard for me to rewatch.

Last edited:
1. Homecoming
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Spider-Man
4. TASM
5. TASM 2
6. Spider-Man 3

Alana´s Gun;35446061 said:

#1: Spider-Man 2
#2 Spider-Man/Homecoming
#3 TASM

Literally anyone can have any opinion, all valid. Hence why they are called opinions.

Spiderman 2 has a train scenes that is awesome both as a action and a character segememt, but the film itself (like any movie) has things about it that could bother some people more than others.

I'll always love the 1st three Spidey films as I had to wait several decades to see them, but looking back, I can see why some people may not have that as their top Spidey film.

Literally anyone can have any opinion, all valid. Hence why they are called opinions.

Spiderman 2 has a train scenes that is awesome both as a action and a character segememt, but the film itself (like any movie) has things about it that could bother some people more than others.

I'll always love the 1st three Spidey films as I had to wait several decades to see them, but looking back, I can see why some people may not have that as their top Spidey film.

Thank you for explaining that to me.

I am truly enlightened.

Alana´s Gun;35448783 said:
Thank you for explaining that to me.

I am truly enlightened.

That's nice.

Changing my order for top 3

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man Homecoming

My score has also went down to probably about a 7.5

Users who are viewing this thread