Homecoming Post-Homecoming: Rank your top 3 Spider-man movies

Homecoming is the most enjoyment I've had in a theatre since seeing Spider-Man for the first time on the big screen when I was 10 in 2002. I felt like a kid again, it was beautiful.

In terms of ranking the Spidey movies, Homecoming was definitely the most enjoyable because of my love for the MCU. It's too hard to compare this with SM and SM2 because of how different they are. I can really only compare HC to other MCU movies and it's in the top 4 with Iron Man, Civil War and the first Avengers movie.

The reason why I can't compare it to other Spidey movies is because it has a huge advantage being in the MCU. You can't knock the originals for being in their own universe, therefor you can't add brownie points to Homecoming for all the MCU advantages. It's not a Spider-Man movie, it's a Spider-Man MCU movie and that's it's own animal.

All of this. Well stated.

Thankfully Spider-Ock went before me so the grief I may get will probably be lessened:

1) Spider-Man 2
2) Spider-Man Homecoming

3) The Amazing Spiderman
4) Spider-Man

5) The Amazing Spider Man 2
6) Spider-Man 3

Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3
Amazing Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man 2

Homecoming and SM2 are real close, but I'd give the edge to Homecoming because Holland was a closer version of what I feel Spidey should be like.

I like how you snuck CW in there, I guess that counts lol.

Yeah, if I had to count CW then it would just edge out Homecoming for the top spot. But it's not a Spidey film so I didn't count it.

SM2
SMH

These are the two best, for me.

The other movies, including AS2 and SM3 all have things I really like about the movie but also have things I dislike about the movie. Wasn't really into SM1 like some people are and it blow my mind that some people hold SM1 higher than SM2. SM2 is a superior movie in almost every way.

If you can count CW as a Spider-Man movie (I don't think you can) but if you do then CW would be my number 1 Spider-Man movie.

SM2
SMH

The other movies, including AS2 and SM3 all have things I really like about the movie but also have things I dislike about the movie. Wasn't really into SM1 like some people are and it blow my mind that some people hold SM1 higher than SM2. SM2 is a superior movie in almost every way.

SM2 is indeed a superior movie in almost every way. I would never dispute that. But I took these rankings to mean your own personal enjoyment. For me, the experience of seeing Spider-Man on the screen for the first time ever will never be topped, regardless of how good the movie is. Kind of like how Empire is a superior movie to New Hope but the experience of Star Wars for the first time was a cultural event.

It doesn't hurt that it's also a really, really well-made movie that's enjoyable from start to finish. :o

I haven't voted yet. I need to let this digest a bit more but...I'm thinking that Homecoming is either right tied with SM2 or may have knocked it out of the top spot. I feel like SM2 is a tighter film but Homecoming features a better PP/Spider-Man as well as a better villain and I really enjoyed the supporting cast.

Spider-Man 2 has far better action and a slightly better Villain I would say and I miss having JJ but I never realize how much missing a funny Spider-Man hurts even after amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 and even more so after this movie and seeing how funny Spider-Man was. Also this movie is like the first time we have seen a Spider-Man messing up. In Spider-Man 1 we see him get bit and then before you know it he is Spider-Man and helping saving people but really never get to see him messing things up and learning. Spider-Man 2 I would say is still the best movie but like I said never realize in till amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 how much its lack of humor hurts and even more so after HC. If Spider-Man 2 had humor like HC and a peter like HC you would be looking at a perfect movie. Peter is also a lot better in this movie then any other Spider-Man movie.

I haven't voted yet. I need to let this digest a bit more but...I'm thinking that Homecoming is either right tied with SM2 or may have knocked it out of the top spot. I feel like SM2 is a tighter film but Homecoming features a better PP/Spider-Man as well as a better villain and I really enjoyed the supporting cast.

Wow! I'm really impressed, UW! I know that's super high praise coming from you.

Hard to believe we have already 6 Spiderman movies!!!

I remember back in the day when they announced a Spiderman film and I thought the idea was too cartoonish to be taken seriously.
I was then proven wrong.

Last edited:
Hard to believe we have 6 Spiderman movies!!!

It would be interesting to see what the 6 Spider-Man movies would be like had we never had amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 and homecoming and instead gotten 6 rami movies like was talked about doing years and years ago.

Hopefully they would have given Raimi more control, and I would have loved to see his iteration of Mysterio, specially if he was allowed to make him as scary and mad with as he pleased.

But alas, it was not meant to be.

It's dead even for my top 2.

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Post-first viewing of Homecoming:

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man '77
Getting kicked in the nuts
My hangover farts
Donald Trump
Batman & Robin
Movie 43
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

lol! I would rank Homecoming third and SM second, but otherwise you are right on the money.

SM2
SMH

SMH is no. 1 for me but I agree with everything else here. SM1 is okay, at best and hasn't really aged that well. There are aspects of SM2 that didn't age well either (particularly the Peter/MJ dynamic) which is why it's not my no.1. Well that and SMH gives us the perfect PP/SM, a great, fully realized villain and supporting characters full of personality. It's the only spidey movie that I instantly wanted to watch again.

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man/The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3

Overall I like all of them pretty evenly and which one I like best tends to change on mood, but I think if I had to rank them this is where it would stand.

Yeah, if I had to count CW then it would just edge out Homecoming for the top spot. But it's not a Spidey film so I didn't count it.

It's not an Iron Man film either.
It's not a Black Panther film either.
It's not a Falcon film either.
It's not a Black Widow film either.
It's not a Vision film either.
It's not a Bucky film either.
It's not an Antman film either.

On the same merits, it's also not even a Captain America movie either. It's Avengers 2.5. So why couldn't I include it? Spider-Man was by far the best thing about that movie.

It very much is a Cap movie. He's the main focus whereas in the proper Avengers movies he isn't nearly as much.

And you can count'em any way you want. There're no rules to this thing. I just said that I wasn't going to count it.

Ha! Am I that much of a downer?

Absolutely not! I just know that you know and care about Spidey and his mythos. I know you went in with likely even more reservations than I did and to know you came out so happy is cool.

Absolutely not! I just know that you know and care about Spidey and his mythos. I know you went in with likely even more reservations than I did and to know you came out so happy is cool.

Well, it's true that I do care about the mythos and I want to see it respected in any iteration. But, I'm also aware that in any adaptation they are going to make changes. It's inevitable. The difference though is when changes are made in a way that supports an update to characters or supports the story--the core essence of what makes the character/story so great in the first place is retained in some manner. Contrived changes or ones that are made just to be different is where I take issue.

So, that said, going in to Homecoming I tried to keep an open mind with the changes and see how they worked within those guidelines. And for the most part I feel like Homecoming did an excellent job minus a few ticks here and there. I was honestly smiling in that movie from start to finish--so many cool moments and great scenes. Like in my review, I stated, there weren't any throwaway scenes--there was purpose in everything, I felt. That's as big a compliment as I can think of for Homecoming.

It's not an Iron Man film either.
It's not a Black Panther film either.
It's not a Falcon film either.
It's not a Black Widow film either.
It's not a Vision film either.
It's not a Bucky film either.
It's not an Antman film either.

On the same merits, it's also not even a Captain America movie either. It's Avengers 2.5. So why couldn't I include it? Spider-Man was by far the best thing about that movie.

It's absolutely a Captain America movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"