Post Mid Terms - who should challenge Trump in 2020?

...wasn’t he front row and center while Republicans performed historic levels of obstruction against Obama? The man he served directly under as VP? What is wrong with him?

It's this sort of thing that highlights just how out of touch Biden is with the current political climate and makes me increasingly worried that he will fail to mobilize young voters if he keeps talking like this. Trump is not the source of the problem, he's the outcome. McConnell and his Senate cronies are the biggest threat to the nation and both Biden and the DNC at large are ignoring this.

Some extra context is needed for me.

He is trying to win over Republicans.

Which is the most idiotic move to make.
The dumbass is talking about a middle ground on climate change.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Biden winning the nomination is going to make things way more difficult for Democrats. He is trying to appeal to the wrong people, and will lose a huge portion of the base.

While Maceb complains about voters cannibalizing candidates, Biden is doing it himself. A few weeks in, he can't stop lying and saying just outright stupid ****.

Unless the economy tanks (which is a real possibility at this point), the Obama voters are not coming back. The group that most likely Biden appealed to in the first place. The political power that is beginning to be mobilized is different than when Obama ran. And no one seems to be willing to tell Biden that, because they are still under the assumption that Biden could have beat Trump 3 years ago.

Three years ago Biden could’ve beaten Trump, but it’s just a little too late now. Regardless of how you feel about him, Bernie ignited something in a new generation of voters that is different from what Obama and Biden did in 08’.

Bernie did not start the Women's March. Bernie did not start the March for Our Lives.

While Bernie did seem to spark a more progessive movement, but I would not give him the full exertation of political power we are seeing.

Bernie and Warren are the best representatives of this movement. Neither is really responsible for it, but they best represent how the younger voters of the party and the nation as a whole are moving.

Pearl clutching because someone closely associated with Buttigieg reaches out to Dave Rubin? Wow... the deterioration in political discourse in the US really has made people thin skinned.

People seem to love blowing Rubin’s supposed cons out of proportion.

Pearl clutching because someone closely associated with Buttigieg reaches out to Dave Rubin? Wow... the deterioration in political discourse in the US really has made people thin skinned.

People seem to love blowing Rubin’s supposed cons out of proportion.
Well Rubin is a con. Plenty of evidence to support it. He is one of those that avoids debating folk because he can't actually defend his positions, lies constantly, and in general is a BS merchant. We are talking about a guy who does Prager U videos. So he accuses others of being in bad faith, when he avoids any conversation where he doesn't get to set the narrative. Which is doubly BS, because he is the guy who says he wants to talk about ideas and not people. While always crapping on people if they call him out about his inability to argue his ideas.

Buttigieg giving any credibility to such a piece of crap would be just... ugh.

Last edited:
On the other hand, Bernie did a Fox town hall.

Mayor Pete slow jams the news lol

Sure, why not.

I think it’ll inevitably come down to Warren, Harris, Biden, Sanders, and maybe one more. My money’s on Harris.

If Pete goes on Rubin and calls him out on his intellectual dishonesty and bad faith, then says how sad and pathetic his interaction with Ben Shapiro was, then fine.

I don't think it's a good idea for Dems to interview with any and every conservative blogger, but I do think all the candidates should go on Fox News. Fox is a propaganda network, yes... but they have to pretend that they aren't, which allows Dems to flood the zone and cut out the noise if they choose to do so. Allowing Fox to run rampant without liberal interference doesn't help... it just gives them the time and space to strengthen the echo chamber. This is war, so you have to be willing to meet the enemy on their field from time to time; do the bad interviews, even if it's Hannity.

Warren's choice not to go on Fox News is actually one of my first disagreements with her so far.

I think this guy is spot on about why it was the right thing to do. And honestly, Bernie didn't benefit that much from it.

Elizabeth Warren Critics Miss the Point: Starving Racism is More Important Than Winning Fox News Viewers

“I won’t do a town hall with Fox News because I won’t invite millions of Democratic primary voters to tune in, inflate ratings, and help sell ads for an outlet that profits from racism and hate,” she wrote, with a link to a petition.

Whatever it is that Democrats think they can win by appearing at Fox News town halls, one thing that is certain is that Fox News will win huge ratings, as they already have with the Sanders town hall, and with Sen. Amy Klobuchar‘s (D-MN) more recent event.

This is no longer an argument about giving Fox some sort of philosophical imprimatur or unearned legitimacy, it is about dollars and cents. Appearing at a Fox News town hall is an in-kind contribution to the racism and bigotry that the network peddles incessantly, and the racist president it defends.

Just a reminder, that choosing someone for electability is a losing strategy. Yes, Trump must be defeated. But your only consideration has to be more than "can this person beat Trump".

I am looking forward to the first debate next month.

So is the Republican party that is behind these BS abortion laws the ones who are going to see the light when Trump is gone, according to Biden?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"