No Way Home Post-NWH: What Do You Want To See In The Next Trilogy?(Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Discussion in 'MCU Spider-Man' started by Detective Conan, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Another_Fool Registered

I like this plan but I somehow doubt they'll wait until Spidey 3 in the new trilogy to do the showdown with Venom. They'll want to strike soon enough before Tom Hardy moves on to other things so I think it'll be Venom 3 or at the latest 4. Fingers really crossed Sony asks Marvel to produce their confrontation.

2. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I like where you’re going with this. :up:

3. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I'm hoping they do connect him back into the larger MCU down the road.

4. Toomes' Phone Registered

I think a fourth film is a great time to introduce Black Cat. Maybe Miles too.

SpeterMan3 and Shinobi Shaw like this.
  5. FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

Spidey 4:
    -A story about Pete struggling with his new lonely adult life.
    -A whodunit that takes Pete into the criminal underworld, featuring Daredevil, Kingpin, Scorpion, Rhino, Black Cat, etc.
    -He makes a new friend in Matt, who encourages him to adapt and play the cards you're dealt, like moving on from MJ with Felicia, a love interest who doesn't need to know his identity (though she's still a murder suspect)
    -Main villain turns out to be Chameleon.
    -Spidey saves Miles.

Spidey 5
    -Someone is picking off all the villains in NYC. Vulture, Scorpion, etc, and finally, Black Cat.
    -Pete encounters the symbiote and starts kicking a little too much ass with his black suit.
    -The culprit however turns out to be Kraven, who's graduated from killing animals, to killing superheroes/villains who dress as animals, including of course, Spidey.
    -Pete survives but debates whether or not to continue being Spidey, but ultimately does when when he realizes Miles, who's become the new Spidey, needs him, just like Pete needed Tony and his mentors.

Spidey 6:
    -Introduce Gwen as Miles' new love interest.
    -Peter and Miles (and Spider-Gwen) vs Venom.

#30 FeedOnATreeFrog, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    KaijuDude1992, Web-Head and BobJM like this.
  6. Lip Registered

As most here said: the street-level Spider Man.

Something like PS4's Spider-Man.

High stakes in the movies.

Black Cat, Daredevil, Kraven are some of the characters I'd love to see. Especially Black Cat.

7. Shinobi Shaw The Upstart Black King

For MCU Spidey 4 give him Black Cat/Felicia Hardy as a new love interest. Then they can give her that spin-off with Silver Sable as a set up with a stinger.

But definitely have him tangle with Kingpin in the next movie. Wouldn’t be opposed to a Spider Slayer as a subplot either.

And give him this look:
    03C38646-4D59-41F2-A306-6BFCE765DD50.jpeg

#32 Shinobi Shaw, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  8. BobJM Uncle Charlie

Love these ideas

9. Frodo Registered

I'd have to noodle on the question for a while ,but in terms of where I'd want Peter to be at in SM4

* I'd want him to be at Empire state university and struggling to pay rent, i.e. leading him to need a job.
    * I like the idea of Felicia Hardy / Black Cat playing a role presenting Peter with a young woman from a totally different social strata as Felica and a totally different attitude and style than "MJ" .
    In terms of actresses, I'd look at

Annalisa Cochrane, 25 ( Cobra Kai)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anna Taylor Joy , 25 ( The Queen's Gambit)
    [​IMG]

Paris Berelc, 22,( Tall Girl)
    [​IMG]

Jessica Alexander, 22 ( Get Even)
    [​IMG]

While she would make an excellent Gwen, my bet is they aren't gonna touch that character.
    If not, Sabrina Carpenter (22), would also make a great , funny, Debra Whitman as a classmate .

[​IMG]

Iceman and Venom 1988 like this.
  10. BobJM Uncle Charlie

Felicia Hardy should be the main female lead in the next movie, and obviously with her Black Cat persona appearing as well.

I really like @FeedOnATreeFrog idea of introducing Gwen Stacy in this series, but as a partner/love interest for Miles Morales. Peter Parker should ultimately reunite with MJ (Zendaya) in Holland’s final appearance before passing the torch to Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy.

Iceman likes this.
  11. BobJM Uncle Charlie

Am I crazy, or would an adaptation of Brian Michael Bendis Ultimate Spider-Man “Clone Saga” be a cool choice for the next trilogy’s dark second part?

Ultimate version of Scorpion, Jessica Drew, and Kane. Along with guest appearance from the Fantastic Four and SHIELD. Of course, bits would need to be reworked to fit into the MCU/Holland story, but in broad strokes I think it could work.

SM4: Kingpin, Mr. Negative, Black Cat & Daredevil
    SM5: Ultimate Clone Saga & Fantastic Four
    SM6: Venom & Miles Morales (with Wolverine)

The next trilogy will have Peter Parker maturing into an adult in his 30s, maybe eventually working as a high school science teacher. And having a happily ever after with MJ.

Or, we could go darker and kill Peter Parker in a third film. Like the Ultimate Comics, it would shock the MCU and give the moviegoing audience allowance to move on from that character as Spider-Man and fully adopt Miles as the one-true Spider-Man in the MCU.

Venom 1988 likes this.
  12. Green Goblin Crawling on walls

I thought the clone saga was completely messy in the comics, even the Ultimate comics take on it was only slightly better. That said if they can pull off what they did in No Way Home then they can definitely do the clone saga.

Plus one of the MCU's greatest strengths is kind of adapting comics stories but doing it in a way that is digestible for general audiences and in many cases an improvement on the source material, such what Thor Ragnorok did with Planet Hulk.

Venom 1988 and BobJM like this.
  13. Silver Surfer Power Cosmic

One thing that needs to be kept in mind is that NWH was made to be a sort of exit for Spider-Man from the MCU, as there was a real chance that this was the last MCU Spidey solo movie.

Since then, Sony and Marvel have agreed to a new deal for another trilogy, so the soft exit that they set-up in this movie is no longer necessary.

I expect other MCU heroes to show up in the new trilogy, and for them to keep the existing supporting cast to a large degree.

I fully expect Zendaya/MJ to be a lead character in the next trilogy, for a variety of reasons.

Webfoot Hero likes this.
  14. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

I hope that at least for the first film in the proposed new trilogy we get no MCU team up. Keep Peter/Spidey solo setting him up in his new life & setting

Hopefully we get Felicia Hardy, Gwen Stacy, Robbie Robertson, and maybe even Harry as part of the new supporting cast

For the first set of villains I’d bring in Kingpin and Scorpion

15. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

I want to see Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4 :D

But for Holland, hopefully the classic set of characters finally.

16. Toomes' Phone Registered

As for villains, it's always possible that they can bring Vulture back in some capacity, as he's a "street-level" villain too. Maybe have Mac Gargan become Scorpion as well.

KaijuDude1992 and Venom 1988 like this.
  17. Frodo Registered

My hope is that they don't walk back that ending, and that they keep on the route the ending implies, i.e. a Peter on his own forging his own path, and having to stand on his own two feet, without a guy in the chair , or another MCU hero to mentor him.

He can have another team up with a character like Daredevil , but I don't want to see the "Scooby Gang" reunite or have him form another "Team Spiderman".

On that note, I would prefer they don't bring MJ back or try to reunite them .
    This MJ could represent his youth and "care free days" for lack of a better term. She's his first love, but as in real ife, your first love alot of times , isn't the person you end up with in the end.
    I don't think this Peter should end up with this MJ for the sake of trying to keep with the comics.

I'd prefer they go down their own path with a different love interest as has been suggested, and meet some new people and new friends.
    It happens all the time when people leave one set of friends in High School and make a new set of friends in college.

18. Spidey_62 You just don't get it!

I do think 4 might be the best time to introduce Black Cat as well, it could potentially bring up questions of Peter Parker's place in the world further cause Black Cat's mostly about the Spider-Man side of life and with nobody knowing Peter Parker that would probably be a thing he'd want to latch on to. Maybe intertwine it with the organized crime world, she's wrapped up in a dangerous plot with crime lords like Kingpin. Daredevil being involved would be fitting. Maybe do something like the Stone tablet story where the crime lords are trying to get the tablet, maybe Black Cat steals it and becomes a big target, Daredevil is trying to use the opportunity to take down some criminals, Spidey is caught in the middle.

Heck, they could even throw the symbiote in there if they wanted to (and they already have lol). No Venom for 4, please. They could space it out and give things time to breath this time. Maybe Eddie Brock could be following these events and keep getting burned by Spidey, giving him a movie of setup. I dunno, I feel like they've got some good opportunities here to make some really different Spidey movies yet with the more classic setup, so I hope they take good advantage of it.

19. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

I also like the idea of using Black Cat as a moral compass for Peter too. Her stealing from the rich and all that while Peter struggles to pay rent

Spidey_62, Venom 1988 and Frodo like this.
  20. Kev4000 Registered

As far as I want to see this, I highly doubt they etablish a 2nd Eddie Brock (sadly). If they give Peter the symbiote, I just hope he doesnt have this hungry-dog character like they did with Tom Hardy and more devilish convincing, playing the right buttons of Peter.

Spidey_62 likes this.
  21. Lip Registered

Regarding MJ, that does happen in real life. But I still rather see MJ as Peter's "the one".

But I'm also completely on board with her not returning for the next few movies while Pete moves on to new relationships. I think it could be more emotional when she comes back, maybe at the end of the second trilogy.

BobJM likes this.
  22. BobJM Uncle Charlie

For Spider-Man: Brand New Day (working title for Spider-Man 4), I’d like to see parts of the “Warriors” story arc from Ultimate Spider-Man (#79–85) adapted:

Peter Parker, New York’s friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, dives head first into a deadly gang war brewing between the shadowy Kingpin of crime, Wilson Fisk, and his dangerous new rival for control of the city’s criminal underworld. Peter teams with blind lawyer Matt Murdock and martial arts master Shang-Chi to combat this growing threat, and meets Felicia Hardy, the mysterious Black Cat, who’s moral ambiguity will test his limits as a costumed superhero.

But things get really complicated when Peter bonds to an alien symbiote, granting him more power than he’s ever hard to defeat his enemies as Spider-Man. But at a cost…

#47 BobJM, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  23. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Seeing how he's already met one psychopath in Norman Osborn I believe he's more than ready to tangle with someone like Fisk which is what they could be setting up by bringing back D'Onofrio in the role through Hawkeye and he must cross paths with Matt Murdock at some point too.

They already established somewhat of a relationship between those two in this movie and Charlie Cox has already been confirmed by Feige to be coming back and reprising the role.

Also, they have finally start setting up Scorpion since he was already introduced in Homecoming and I have no doubt we will be seeing Kraven portrayed by Aaron Taylor Johnson pretty soon as well.

Spidey_62 likes this.
  24. Lip Registered

I'm still confused with all these villains spin-offs.

Like, since they are being used for their own movie, does that mean we won't see MCU versions of Morbius, Kraven, Venom, etc? Are they going to bring them from the multiverse (which doesn't make much sense)? Are we going to have two versions of them, like Hardy's Venom and an MCU one?

25. Toomes' Phone Registered

I'm sure there will be some sort of ass-pull to explain Venom and Kraven (Probably not Morbius since his movie is likely gonna tank) being in the MCU. I definitely wouldn't rule out a crossover in the future, but having it happen in the fourth movie may be too soon.