No Way Home Post-NWH: What Do You Want To See In The Next Trilogy?(Potential Spoilers Ahead)

a-spider-man-4-title-idea-v0-dsz5omc612981.jpg

The Cast

f1280x720-1159143_1290818_5050.png

FMTyfIoXoAwtUB2.jpg

Spider-man/ Peter Parker : Tom Holland

hyjyu-800x445.jpg

cd3e79d5d2b61eb7c000afed50d09e53

Black Cat /Felicia Hardy : Anya Taylor Joy

no-time-to-die-ana-de-armas.jpg

Silver Sable : Ana De Armas

Kingpin / Wilson Fisk : Vincent D'Onofrio

DAREDEVIL-SHE-HULK-POSTER-SOCIAL-FEATURED.jpg

Daredevil / Matt Murdock : Charlie Cox

68c648f247d87d5c76d0e572ba6a87a4.jpg

Walter Hardy : Pierce Brosnan

lee-byung-hun.jpg

Mr. Negative : Lee Byung Hun

actor-marvin-krondon-jones-iii-452186_large.jpg

Tombstone : Krodon

_315x420_2ae29c27cf3662bbf76395a1085db593bb189d78ca95e32160aa2e87439c965f.jpg

Randy Robertson : Henry Hunter Hall

Spider-Man-Far-From-Home-Jameson.jpg

J. Jonah Jameson : JK Simmons

Headshot_-Harry_Lennix_1307_Print-e1666758766304.jpg

Robbie Robertson : Harry Lennix

a-spider-man-4-title-idea-v0-dsz5omc612981.jpg

The Cast

f1280x720-1159143_1290818_5050.png

FMTyfIoXoAwtUB2.jpg

Spider-man/ Peter Parker : Tom Holland

hyjyu-800x445.jpg

cd3e79d5d2b61eb7c000afed50d09e53

Black Cat /Felicia Hardy : Anya Taylor Joy

no-time-to-die-ana-de-armas.jpg

Silver Sable : Ana De Armas

Kingpin / Wilson Fisk : Vincent D'Onofrio

DAREDEVIL-SHE-HULK-POSTER-SOCIAL-FEATURED.jpg

Daredevil / Matt Murdock : Charlie Cox

68c648f247d87d5c76d0e572ba6a87a4.jpg

Walter Hardy : Pierce Brosnan

lee-byung-hun.jpg

Mr. Negative : Lee Byung Hun

actor-marvin-krondon-jones-iii-452186_large.jpg

Tombstone : Krodon

_315x420_2ae29c27cf3662bbf76395a1085db593bb189d78ca95e32160aa2e87439c965f.jpg

Randy Robertson : Henry Hunter Hall

Spider-Man-Far-From-Home-Jameson.jpg

J. Jonah Jameson : JK Simmons

Headshot_-Harry_Lennix_1307_Print-e1666758766304.jpg

Robbie Robertson : Harry Lennix
Love this, let’s get it made. :up::cwink:

Having Black Cat and Silver Sabre introduced in the same Spider-Man film would be too much, but I wouldn't complain if its eXecuted well.

Unfortunately, I suspect Black Cat and Silver Sable will end up in a Sony-Spiderverse film, as opposed to a MCU Spiderman film.

I hope BC at least makes it to the MCU ,but I have a feeling Sony is gonna hold on to her for one of their own films .

Still though, it's fun to imagine the two of them being in an MCU Spiderman film.

Unfortunately, I suspect Black Cat and Silver Sable will end up in a Sony-Spiderverse film, as opposed to a MCU Spiderman film.

I hope BC at least makes it to the MCU ,but I have a feeling Sony is gonna hold on to her for one of their own films .

Still though, it's fun to imagine the two of them being in an MCU Spiderman film.
I think your list is introducing too many powered characters. So I would omit some.

My ideal Sm4 movie would be just Peter, 1 to 2 villains and human characters to interact with. No Avengers or side characters from previous mcu movies like Happy, Nick and Wong. I thought of Gwen or another love interest, but Spidey doesn't need a love interest in every film and so far in 8 films, he always had one.

I think your list is introducing too many powered characters.

My ideal Sm4 movie would be just Peter, 1 to 2 villains and human characters. I thought of Gwen or another love story but Spidey doesn't need a love interest in every film and so far in 8 films, he always had one.

To be clear, my list is for fun, as opposed to a serious attempt at what I think a Spiderman 4 should look like.

I'm basically putting in alot of my favorite characters and actors as opposed to coming up with a specific plot or story to it.

At this point, news is dry , so coming up with fancasts and characters which have zero baring on the actual story is fun .

Here’s some ideas I put together, based mostly off what I want but also a little of what might be “off limits” thanks to Sony’s delusions of grandeur… and reeeeeaaaalllllly taking cues from the old Animated Series of the 90’s.

TLDR-version:

Hobgoblin emerges from a combination “Spider-Man Frame-Up” and Spider-Slayer scheme Kingpin cooked up, with Hobgoblin betraying Kingpin’s other henchman and accomplices in Spencer Smythe, Chameleon, and the Spider-Slayers.

Peter has to try clearing his name, and freaks out when he realizes that MJ is already trying to do that and making herself a target as well. She ends up figuring out who he is because she made the first Spider-Trackers, which both makes her a target… but also allows Peter to locate Kingpin and make a deal to find Hobgoblin after he betrays Kingpin. MJ manages to clear his name with her own evidence, and by contacting a certain Irish-American lawyer…

Still, Peter ends up outmatched by the less-crazy-more-professional Hobgoblin, and ends up needing to use the left-over symbiote to match him, before setting Hobgoblin up for his own “super-glider” to take him down. Peter and MJ end the film on rougher terms than they’d hope, but closer than MJ-haters would like.

I don’t think that’s a limitation—after all, Keaton’s Vulture appeared in Morbius. If anything, I think Sony’s Spider-Man movies would benefit from spinning off of the MCU, unless there’s a contractual issue I’m not aware of that prohibits that type of introduction for a character.

Now seems the perfect time, IMO, to introduce Black Cat. Yes, I want MJ to return, but given where they she and Peter are at the end of No Way Home, a new female lead would be welcome. Plus Aunt May’s gone—we’ll need some women in the franchise.

Who else? Carlie Cooper? White Rabbit? Yuri Wantanabe / Wraith— probably too similar to the video game, but Sony might not be opposed to taking some cues from that either for Peter’s story, or Miles’ when he eventually makes his live action debut.

Probably too early to introduce Kitty Pryde, but it’d be cool if Spider-Man 4 launches the X-Men.

I love love love Dafoe and Molina in their respective roles but No Way Home didn’t hit for me the way it did for many others—those two, especially Doc Ock, really just felt like props. Dafoe was given a little more to do, yes, but I still would have preferred a proper MCU Norman, Octavius, etc.

Maguire and Garfield, on the other hand, I think their inclusion in No Way Home was handled much better. So at least that warms my heart lol, oh and the ending with Peter in a **** apartment and with a handmade costume was such a satisfying ending/launching point for a new chapter.

Frankly, given all of the rewrites and reshaping of Marvel projects, I'm skeptical Marvel Studios really has the story for Spiderman 4 together .

While I do think Feige wants a "more grounded " story , I'm skeptical that Marvel Studios have a firm idea of what that would entail , while Sony wants another Billion dollar film , hence , they throw out the " Let's Bring Back Tobey and Andrew!" stuff.

I think both studios are probably wrestling with how to move forward with Spiderman 4 tbh.

I think Tobey and Andrew are gonna come back , at the very least, for Secret Wars , so we haven't seen the last of them.

But ultimately, Marvel and Sony are gonna have to decide what they want Spiderman 4 to be , and where it stands in relation to Avengers 5 and 6 .

Is it a one off type of film like Homecoming, or is it a lead into the overall multiverse stuff .

I’d love for one more trilogy with Holland so we can get a few more team-ups:

Spider-Man 4 - Daredevil (and Defenders)
Spider-Man 5 - Fantastic Four
Spider-Man 6 - X-Men

I’d honestly like to see Peter having settled into his new normal, rather than immediately trying to find his way back to MJ/Ned/the Avengers.

College setting, new supporting cast, a little bit of longing for what he had, but mostly he just keeps on keeping on.

I’d honestly like to see Peter having settled into his new normal, rather than immediately trying to find his way back to MJ/Ned/the Avengers.

College setting, new supporting cast, a little bit of longing for what he had, but mostly he just keeps on keeping on.

To keep the MCU cache though, Spider-Man (in his classic Romita suit) should team with street-level heroes like Daredevil, Punisher, Black Cat, Echo, and Kate Bishop Hawkeye against Mayor Wilson Fisk, his second-in-command Alistair Smythe, and Sable International, a private military corporation headed by Silver Sablinova, appointed by Fisk under the pretense of aiding the NYPD in restoring order to the city against vigilantes.

I‘d also reintroduce Donald Glover as Aaron Davis (we need to start setting more seeds for Miles). Since Spider-Man: Homecoming, he’s now operating as Prowler alongside Mac Gargan (Scorpion), Fancy Dan, and Ox as Fisk’s Enforcers (outfitted by Smythe’s tech)—an Act I threat for Spider-Man to defeat that gets him on the Kingpin’s radar.

Spider-Man’s investigation into Fisk leads him to the bullpens of the New York Bulletin where he works with Betty Brant, Frederick Foswell, and Robbie Robertson. The Daily Bugle.net is around still, with J Jonah Jameson supporting Fisk’s takedown of vigilantes.

Black Cat is introduced seeking revenge against Fisk—you can pull directly from Bendis’ Ultimate Spider-Man. And from that same storyline, maybe Vanessa is dying and driving Fisk’s madness. Sony Spider-Man movies love a sympathetic villain twist…

And if Sony wants to really go big, throw the symbiote in this movie. Peter fights it off at the end of the movie, just in time for it to bond with Fisk. A Venom Kingpin then faces against the Defenders in the streets of New York (credit to ScreenCrush for that idea).

SPIDER-MAN: BIG TIME
dir. Drew Goddard

MAIN
Peter Parker / Spider-Man: Tom Holland, 27
Wilson Fisk: Vincent D’Onofrio, 64
Felicia Hardy / Black Cat: Anya Taylor-Joy, 27
Silver Sablinova: Gal Gadot, 38
Matt Murdock / Daredevil: Charlie Cox, 41

DEFENDERS
Frank Castle / Punisher: Jon Bernthal, 47
Kate Bishop / Hawkeye: Hailee Steinfeld, 27
Maya Lopez / Echo: Alaqua Cox, 26

ENFORCERS
Aaron Davis / Prowler: Donald Glover, 40
Mac Gargan / Scorpion: Michael Mando, 42
Dan Crenshaw / Fancy Dan: Bad Bunny, 29
Bruno Sanchez / Ox: Laz Alonso, 49

ADDITIONAL
Betty Brant: Angourie Rice, 23
Frederick Foswell: Lil Rel Howery, 44
Alistair Smythe: Kyle Soller, 40
Robbie Robertson: Charles Parnell, 59

AND
J. Jonah Jameson: J.K. Simmons, 69

The above movie could have MJ in it or not—maybe her remembering Peter helps him break the symbiote’s grasp. Or maybe he finally decides to move on with Felicia but the last scene of the film, in typical MCU Spider-Man fashion, is a stinger with MJ arriving at Peter’s doorstep, only to see him with Cat.

Last edited:

I could see Sony wanting to at least keep Zendaya—they could either resolve the memory loss in this next movie, or stretch it out as a subplot throughout a new trilogy (more ideal, IMO). Zendaya as MJ could have a very minor part in SM4; I’d prefer they shift to Felicia Hardy / Black Cat to mirror the darker turn Peter’s life has taken. Especially if they go with the black suit.

I’d love to see Peter delivering pizzas, listening to the police scanner & stopping crime between deliveries (a nod to Spider-Man 2, like his apartment at the end of NWH). Instead of reuniting with Ned, maybe Peter has a new roommate or coworker—Hobie Brown.

I also think, given her rising star, Angourie Rice as Betty Brant should be more heavily featured. She could be a Lois Lane / Vicki Vale for Spider-Man as he tries to take down Fisk.

I could see Sony wanting to at least keep Zendaya—they could either resolve the memory loss in this next movie, or stretch it out as a subplot throughout a new trilogy (more ideal, IMO). Zendaya as MJ could have a very minor part in SM4; I’d prefer they shift to Felicia Hardy / Black Cat to mirror the darker turn Peter’s life has taken. Especially if they go with the black suit.
I could see a scenario where the bulk of the film is Peter with a new cast of characters, but the mid-credit scene is him coming back to his apartment to find MJ waiting there for him as set-up for the next one (if Holland really is game for multiple sequels).

Of definitely, I'm thinking almost a reversal of Daredevil Season 2 cliffhanger at the end of the Punisher arc & into the Elektra arc when Matt finally decides to be happy with Karen but then returns home to his apartment where he finds Elektra there waiting for him.

In Spider-Man: Big Time, Peter finally decides to move on with his life after a whole film of wallowing in his loneliness and gets together with Felicia Hardy. Finally, a happy ending for Peter, until he returns home to find MJ Watson waiting there for him with his mask in her hand...Maybe there's someway to homage "Face it Tiger, you just hit the jackpot". Then cut to black.

As for love interests, I'm interesting in seeing Betty Brant's role expanded, and the introduction of Felicia Hardy. Silver Sable could be an antagonist (or, at least an antagonist force that's being manipulated by NYC Mayor, Wilson Fisk). I don't think we need yet another adaptation with Gwen (ASM and Spider-Verse are plenty), and I'm not really clamoring to see Debra Whitman, Carlie Cooper, or Cindy Moon--at least not as Peter's supporting roster.

For friends/non-love interests, I think it makes sense to introduce/incorporate characters that could propel a crime-driven plot--Frederick Foswell, Robbie Robertson, Hobie Brown, Aaron Davis (and maybe a young Miles Morales if they feel confident in a kid actor they find). Heck, maybe even Jean DeWolff or Yuri Watanabe to introduce more NYPD characters without having to resort to Captain Stacy again.

I would like to see Peter finished with his undergrad studies and to be working a couple jobs when we see him in Spiderman 4 .
It'll be 4 ,if not five years, since NWH by the time we see him again anyway, so I think it would better to show that he really isn't this wet behind the ears kid anymore.

The character would still be relatively young of course , but he'd be a young man whose ,grown quite a bit since we last saw him , as opposed to being the impressionable kid ,looking to father figures.

I'd certainly want to see Felicia aka Black Cat and his new friends like Robbie, and a young Miles Morales , whom Peter would be a big brother figure to.

I would like to see Horizon Labs (or Alchemax) introduced at some point too, but maybe Horizon would make more sense in a Spider-Man 5. Maybe tie Mr. Negative's powers to the Negative Zone & find a way to introduce the Fantastic Four into the equation.

If the writers are really feeling the Ultimate Spider-Man inspiration, you could even introduce Kitty Pryde in a sequel to tease an eventual crossover with Wolverine or the whole X-Men. Obviously Peter and Kitty wouldn't be high schoolers in this adaptation, so maybe it would need some reconfiguration.

Hitting up the rogues that got used already in No Way Home (albeit not strictly MCU) would be odd… but that’s not bad.

There have been rumors that Marvel was looking at Drew Goddard to direct the next film, but I could see Sony wanting to go with Watts, since he directed two Spiderman solo films, which both made a Billion dollars .

So , Sony wants someone ,who in their minds ,is proven to make Billion Dollar products, while Marvel is more willing to let a new pair of eyes on the project.

That's what I think at least.

I’d like to see Goddard take the director’s chair, tbh. He’s always been my pick. Especially given his history with Daredevil Netflix series (which is the direction I want Spidey to go in).

I wanna see Peter be infected with the Symbiote similar to how Tobey was

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"