Posters you'd like to see become mods (other than yourself)

Casey said:
Wilhelm?!! He'd have an aneurysm the first day.

I would be the greatest mod because my skin burns at the mere sight of unfair double standards and i also have OCD.

• I'm disgusted by all of the mods who abuse their power here and would be insanely careful to never become like them.

• No matter how tedious the practice might become, I'd force myself to keep an open dialog with users, and always explain WHY I moved, deleted or closed something, and I'd NEVER try to be intentionally alienating and frustrating by locking someone's thread, but then continuing to mock the poster with other mods inside the thread, where it is impossible for the poster to respond...remembering how lame it's been when mods here have done this to me....pretty much the equivalent of having your dog's vocal chords removed, so you can torture him without waking the neighbors. :o

• I would actually have stated guidelines regarding why one thing gets locked and another gets deleted. I have seem mods DELETE a thread where people were being silly and harmless....and then LOCK a thread where someone totally egregiously broke the rules.
    That....makes NO sense...so we have to eradicate something because it's a little random, or redundant, (or it just bugs us personally)...so it can never be seen again.....but the place where the guy is saying obscene, rated NC-17 or XXX things, or posting pictures that go against the laws of the site, or is mercilessly ripping someone apart verbally, is locked, so any 8 year old burgeoning perv or cyber-bully can see it any time he/she wants....but just can't add to it???

• I actually have a sense of freaking humor and actually understand subtexts, so I would actually check the context before disciplining two people for "fighting", for fear that I might make a fool of myself and they are both really good friends kidding around. :o

• I would actually check and make sure someone had actually, um...done something wrong...before giving them an infraction. Kinda basic one there. :o

• What a lame message it sends...when a mod allows everyone to bypass the censors...walks into a thread full of it, happily.......and then bans someone else for bypassing the censors.
    It really says, "Yeah, I'm a powerless dweeb in real life, so I enjoy sadistically taking out my frustrations on people I don't like by looking the other way for some while abusing my silly little power in our little "Lord of the Flies" here by harassing people who think differently than I do." My ego is so huge that I'd actually be concerned that someone could point to instances of me doing that, so I'd be careful not to, instead of just laughing it off if I was caught doing that.

• I would feel like such a scuzzball, if I ever found myself using the private nature of PM's to get away with making up lies about posters I didn't like, making false accusations about them with exactly no proof that it ever happened, relying on the fact that because of my mod-status, in a "He said/She said" - type of situation, people would believe me over the victim.
    Yeah, you'd never catch me doing anything that pathetic and evil. :up:

• It's totally unfair and just shoddy, clumsy and lazy, to punish someone for breaking a rule that they've never even heard of, ...because...you just made it up off the top of your head today.
    If I was a mod I would push for compiling actual guidelines, and lists of punishable "crimes" so people would know where they stand and what's expected of them, and they'd know within which boundaries they can have fun........and the biggest of all....if it's against the law to use a word....WHY WOULD WE ALLOW THAT WORDS TO BE TYPED AT ALL ?! :huh:
    I'd also actually make bad words automatically asterisk-out, which would take some work, but is a must.

I could go on and on and on, with reasons why I would be a great mod...going forward with the example of the great mods of the past who actually inspire respect and nice feelings instead of seething e-hatred, snickers and fear. :o

Unfortunately, even if they asked me, I'd refuse, because, what kind of a person would you have to be to take on all of that meaningless, frustrating, demanding drudgery, for no pay? :huh:

It's like the dorks who dreamed of becoming hall monitors.
I'd rather just walk through the hall to my next fun destination.

Wilhelm's stickies would be 5 mb each. And they'd be required reading to post. :(

Jag (even though he's a weirdo), Bamfer, Showtime and Badger would make some pretty good mods IMO. But 2 of those guys are going to be people-without-sleep pretty soon and the other two skype too much for their own good. So I dunno.

Wilhelm's stickies would be 5 mb each. And they'd be required reading to post. :(

Jag (even though he's a weirdo), Bamfer, Showtime and Badger would make some pretty good mods IMO. But 2 of those guys are going to be people-without-sleep pretty soon and the other two skype too much for their own good. So I dunno.

You are without sleep and you sky... well... you're without sleep. :o

Bamfer is getting a heap of nominations lol. The Bamfer I know would be a horrible mod :o

Gimme gas

I think Matt should give it a go :D

StorminNormin, and Memphis Slim.

I kid about MS.

Wow about Mr Sparkle. He is always evenly balanced in his debating skills.

Apparantly, I have "many enemies" in the Hype echelon, so I would never be given mod status...

Those quoted words are from a Hype Admin... not mine...

LOL!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

:whatever: :whatever:

:yay:

I would be the greatest mod because my skin burns at the mere sight of unfair double standards and i also have OCD.

• I'm disgusted by all of the mods who abuse their power here and would be insanely careful to never become like them.

• No matter how tedious the practice might become, I'd force myself to keep an open dialog with users, and always explain WHY I moved, deleted or closed something, and I'd NEVER try to be intentionally alienating and frustrating by locking someone's thread, but then continuing to mock the poster with other mods inside the thread, where it is impossible for the poster to respond...remembering how lame it's been when mods here have done this to me....pretty much the equivalent of having your dog's vocal chords removed, so you can torture him without waking the neighbors. :o

• I would actually have stated guidelines regarding why one thing gets locked and another gets deleted. I have seem mods DELETE a thread where people were being silly and harmless....and then LOCK a thread where someone totally egregiously broke the rules.
    That....makes NO sense...so we have to eradicate something because it's a little random, or redundant, (or it just bugs us personally)...so it can never be seen again.....but the place where the guy is saying obscene, rated NC-17 or XXX things, or posting pictures that go against the laws of the site, or is mercilessly ripping someone apart verbally, is locked, so any 8 year old burgeoning perv or cyber-bully can see it any time he/she wants....but just can't add to it???

• I actually have a sense of freaking humor and actually understand subtexts, so I would actually check the context before disciplining two people for "fighting", for fear that I might make a fool of myself and they are both really good friends kidding around. :o

• I would actually check and make sure someone had actually, um...done something wrong...before giving them an infraction. Kinda basic one there. :o

• What a lame message it sends...when a mod allows everyone to bypass the censors...walks into a thread full of it, happily.......and then bans someone else for bypassing the censors.
    It really says, "Yeah, I'm a powerless dweeb in real life, so I enjoy sadistically taking out my frustrations on people I don't like by looking the other way for some while abusing my silly little power in our little "Lord of the Flies" here by harassing people who think differently than I do." My ego is so huge that I'd actually be concerned that someone could point to instances of me doing that, so I'd be careful not to, instead of just laughing it off if I was caught doing that.

• I would feel like such a scuzzball, if I ever found myself using the private nature of PM's to get away with making up lies about posters I didn't like, making false accusations about them with exactly no proof that it ever happened, relying on the fact that because of my mod-status, in a "He said/She said" - type of situation, people would believe me over the victim.

• It's totally unfair and just shoddy, clumsy and lazy, to punish someone for breaking a rule that they've never even heard of, ...because...you just made it up off the top of your head today.
    If I was a mod I would push for compiling actual guidelines, and lists of punishable "crimes" so people would know where they stand and what's expected of them, and they'd know within which boundaries they can have fun........and the biggest of all....if it's against the law to use a word....WHY WOULD WE ALLOW THAT WORDS TO BE TYPED AT ALL ?! :huh:
    I'd also actually make bad words automatically asterisk-out, which would take some work, but is a must.

I could go on and on and on, with reasons why I would be a great mod...going forward with the example of the great mods of the past who actually inspire respect and nice feelings instead of seething e-hatred, snickers and fear.

Unfortunately, even if they asked me, I'd refuse, because, what kind of a person would you have to be to take on all of that meaningless, frustrating, demanding drudgery, for no pay? :huh:

That made way too much sense for you to be a mod... sorry.

:csad:

Apparantly, I have "many enemies" in the Hype echelon, so I would never be given mod status...

Those quoted words are from a Hype Admin... not mine...

LOL!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

:whatever: :whatever:

:yay:

Mr batman, I like you and your son!

• No matter how tedious the practice might become, I'd force myself to keep an open dialog with users, and always explain WHY I moved, deleted or closed something, and I'd NEVER try to be intentionally alienating and frustrating by locking someone's thread, but then continuing to mock the poster with other mods inside the thread, where it is impossible for the poster to respond...remembering how lame it's been when mods here have done this to me....pretty much the equivalent of having your dog's vocal chords removed, so you can torture him without waking the neighbors.
I could go on and on and on, with reasons why I would be a great mod...going forward with the example of the great mods of the past who actually inspire respect and nice feelings instead of seething e-hatred, snickers and fear. :o

And when you banned someone you'd write a thesis for them on why. :oldrazz:

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"