Power Rangers Re-Imagined.

Just have big monsters from the start, instead of the useless first attack in tiny form.

-- END!

I'd love to see this reimagined in comic book form, much like all the 80s properties have been over the last few years.

Rita4-14a.jpg

"I got such a headache!"

My only request, don't change Rita one bit ;)

I loved the movie with Ivan Ooze when I was a kid.

yeah, his smart-ass attitude was great.

I ALMOST bought the movie dvd yesterday

"A teenager with a smart mouth, not much has changed in 10,000 years.."

and

After hearing the Power Rangers introduce themselves: "OOO, where's my autograph book?!"

LMAO.

Wished they had actually picked the series up after the movie.

I keep thinking about doing Power Rangers with a more mature sensibility. I think the conceit of the show/movie would have to be totally different; the original was made to sell toys, and so has every version since then. It was even more shameless then most 80's cartoon fare.

So, if it were up to me to modernize it, I would want to make it more about the characters. Imagine if instead of being a tight-knit group, the five of them started out in different cliques, different groups, and barely knew each other. Zordon would select them based on psychological profiles or something, and they would start out not really getting along that well (a couple of them could even be enemies). So then we get to watch them learning to trust each other, learning to work together, and so forth. At the same time, they would have to deal with keeping their identities secret from each of their own circles of friends.

Also, think about each episode; the Puddies and the monsters continuously attack our rangers at the school, in their homes, in their civilian identities, even putting their families in peril on a regular basis. But nobody is ever like "I wish I wasn't a Power Ranger, then my family wouldn't be in danger all the time!" So get some of that drama in there. Speaking of drama, all six of them are top students before and after they become rangers, and being a superhero never interferes with their grades. So put some pressure on these kids; being a superhero is tough. Also on that note, Rita (or whichever villain) shouldn't know their identities (Zordon would have a way to protect them). What's the point of having a secret superhero identity if your enemy knows it but your friends and family don't?

I'm juiced up; I think I'm just getting started.

[Edit: And yes, I posted the above before I read everyone else's posts.]

The thing we all have to ask ourselves is whether this is worth it; whether such a thing like MMPR could be made into something serious, or if it would have to be changed so drastically that it wouldn't even be worth calling Power Rangers anymore. But the more I read, the more interesting it gets.

Like I said before...give it the tone of the Fantastic Four movies.

The thing we all have to ask ourselves is whether this is worth it; whether such a thing like MMPR could be made into something serious, or if it would have to be changed so drastically that it wouldn't even be worth calling Power Rangers anymore. But the more I read, the more interesting it gets.
I get the opposite reaction

One thing that didn't make sense about the series is if the rangers weekly monster threats came from a SOLE villain, Rita, why didn't Zordon just send them on a mission to locate her base, find her and destroy her.

Also if I were to re-imagine power rangers I think the megazords should be left for a sequel, or if they must be used change the premise to make it that the teenagers morph into megazords. Being that the megazords is their fighting form and only source of power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"