The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Predicting Critic Response To TASM2

I'm not belittling anything. You're saying that you were under the impression that TDK is the most critically acclaimed film of the trilogy, and that's true, but you're being biased at your own opinion now to not see that TDKR is the second most critically acclaimed film of the trilogy. Someone mentioned that and you're saying it's only because of a poll or of one's opinion, and that's not true. TDKR is looked highly of the trilogy while BB is mostly looked as the weakest while it's of your opinion that TDKR is the weakest.

TDKR was pretty much acclaimed.... But that doesn't mean I have to like it. I find it very mediocre at best. Of course, that's my opinion and I will stick with it.... Just like James Cameron's Avatar. Though I'd rather watch TDKR over that abomination.

On the IGN subject..... Ok, **** those guys. I find it funny that they have an ongoing trend of giving 9/10 to movies that had way too much flaws in it. Their video game reviews also suck. Call of Duty, Uncharted, Street Fighter 4, The Last of Us, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Dark and Demon Souls can go die in a fire because those games fail at everything they were trying to do.

No one said you do have to like it :funny:

When someone says this:

I see, I was always under the impression that TDK was always the more critically acclaimed movie of the trilogy.

Then I had to reply that even if one person's opinion is that TDKR isn't their shtick, they need to realize it is a critically acclaimed film as well as much as someone would only mentioned how a film is critically acclaim just because the person likes it.

They need to realize?

Of course. It's being purely biased to say they know TDK is a critically acclaimed film when they like it but not see another, TDKR, is also a critically acclaimed film when they themselves don't like it. It's quite an asinine stance as a CB fan.

I like how my comment on one biased review by IGN, turns into a IGN bashing tread lol.
Anyway Critical reception means Jacks*** on box office. For example SM3 got mixed critical reviews (and negative user reviews) but made the most money out of the SM Trilogy. SM2 got the best User reviews and Critical reviews but made the least money.
MOS,Transformers ect. all made good money but got at most mixed critical reception (though MOS has 82% user on RT)

I like how my comment on one biased review by IGN, turns into a IGN bashing tread lol.

Well, people need to realize that it's IGN. They believe garbage games like Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 deserves a high score, while King of Fighters XIII deserves a low score because it's basically everything they didn't criticize Street Fighter 4 of.

Well, people need to realize that it's IGN. They believe garbage games like Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 deserves a high score, while King of Fighters XIII deserves a low score because it's basically everything they didn't criticize Street Fighter 4 of.

His opinion, like I said as long as the opinion isn't biased and is fair them I'm fine.

Of course. It's being purely biased to say they know TDK is a critically acclaimed film when they like it but not see another, TDKR, is also a critically acclaimed film when they themselves don't like it. It's quite an asinine stance as a CB fan.

They're in different leagues, IMO. Just felt like completely different Batman movies.

They're in different leagues, IMO. Just felt like completely different Batman movies.

I agree, it was a good CBM, not exceptional like TDK and Iron Man in my opinion.

Thank Lucas each TDK movie felt different from the others. Makes for a pretty diverse trilogy. Not unlike the original Star Wars.

I still don't think you're understanding my point. You see the films in different leagues in your opinion but you still can't see that it's fact that TDK and TDKR are both critically acclaimed films.

I still don't think you're understanding my point. You see the films in different leagues in your opinion but you still can't see that it's fact that TDK and TDKR are both critically acclaimed films.

Fact, or just your opinion?

The best way I could describe it to you, Anno, is like this:

If you asked a large group of people, CBM fans, if they liked The Dark Knight, how many people do you think would say no? Two or three? Four or five? If any, it'd catch you off guard.

Now, with The Dark Knight rises. If you asked the same group of people, I'd be less surprising if there were 10 or 15 people that said they didn't like it. In fact, I'd consider it normal.

Does that make sense to you?

That's the best way I can describe it.

JOE, RT score both critics,top critics and user have it as the 2nd best, it's just a fact :(. If you want revenge start showing off TASM's user RT score and Top critic score as it is better than SM1. Hell, the user score is the same as SM2. Anno will have to acknowledge that TASM is Atleast the 2nd best SM film and you and I will have to acknowledge that TDKR is the 2nd best Batman film. Ofcourse we have our own opinions but we can't show them as fact without backing it up...

TDKR was a letdown. I'd never consider it the second best in the trilogy when BB was great.

Fact, or just your opinion?

The best way I could describe it to you, Anno, is like this:

If you asked a large group of people, CBM fans, if they liked The Dark Knight, how many people do you think would say no? Two or three? Four or five? If any, it'd catch you off guard.

Now, with The Dark Knight rises. If you asked the same group of people, I'd be less surprising if there were 10 or 15 people that said they didn't like it. In fact, I'd consider it normal.

Does that make sense to you?

That's the best way I can describe it.

Okay, if it's not fact and just opinion....what makes TDK the only critically acclaimed film of the trilogy? Because what you're doing is bringing up people's opinions as well. You're asking them if they like TDK...that's not fact either on TDK being CRITICALLY acclaimed :doh:

Why does an RT score really matter in the end?

The Dark Knight Rises is a critically acclaimed film, but I couldn't care less about what everyone else thinks about it. I found the film to be a total letdown..not on the scale of let's say Spider-Man 3, but you get my drift. In my opinion, it doesn't even come close to how fantastic Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were.

The Dark Knight Rises is a critically acclaimed film, but I couldn't care less about what everyone else thinks about it. I found the film to be a total letdown..not on the scale of let's say Spider-Man 3, but you get my drift. In my opinion, it doesn't even come close to how fantastic Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were.

Wow, who would have known that Picard would get it, lol.

This is the most reasonable statement a poster should say. Don't like TDKR? Cool, but it's asinine to not admit that TDKR is a critically acclaimed film as well. I notice a rise in posters feeling that TDKR isn't just because he/she doesn't like the film and that's nonsense.

Okay, if it's not fact and just opinion....what makes TDK the only critically acclaimed film of the trilogy? Because what you're doing is bringing up people's opinions as well. You're asking them if they like TDK...that's not fact either on TDK being CRITICALLY acclaimed :doh:

I bought all 3 on iTunes. Watched BB monday, TDK last night and will be watching TDKR tonight.

BB, amazing. Fantastic start to a franchise.
TDK, still gave me goosebumps. Even 5 years later.
TDKR, didn't like it the first time in theatres. Lets see how tonight goes.

Why does an RT score really matter in the end?

This.

I think TDKR is Nolan's worst film. Still haven't seen Following and Insomnia, though.

I really love the comments that say that critics from website is as credible as a fake salesmen. That's basically ign in a nutshell... And gamespot.... And gametrailers..... And Destructoid..... And Kotaku.... And Red Letter Media... And.... Well, you get the point.

I also like how movies like The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel can get away with the criticisms of The Amazing Spiderman. Apparently, they give full pardon on both films because it has the name "Christopher Nolan" in it.

I loved TDKR. I only have nitpicks about it. Like when Alfred started to talk about Bane, "There is a prison in a more ancient part of the world, a pit where men are thrown to suffer and die. But sometimes a man rises from the darkness. Sometimes the pit sends something back."

Didn't anyone else find that awfully silly? It's like they tried to recreate the story with the jewl thief from TDK. But it comes off a little clunky, I don't think even Alfred would talk like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"