The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Predicting Critic Response To TASM2

IGN's review of TASM was the most biased piece of crap I've seen. So glad the response was negative. It was a complaint about the reboot which he knew it was anyway. Robert Ebert's review nailed TASM, not biased at all. The IGN review should be subject to watching SM3 untill he likes it.

Where was the bias? The IGN review talked about some of the GOOD points of the film. Just because you disagree with a review doesn't mean it was a "biased" one.

If Sony was going to reboot Spider-Man this soon, then they should have done something fresh and new ... And there are plenty of people who think the movie didn't accomplish that. Myself included. If other people love it, that's all well and dandy. Everybody has an opinion, and I think it stinks when people get in "attack mode" because someone may disagree with their opinion. :doh:

(btw, I prefer Spider-Man 3 over this movie, too. SM3 is by no means a great movie, but I think it has a more cohesive story and screenplay than ASM despite the bloatedness ... But that's another topic.)

I thought the ign review was bad :p All they really talked about was how it's like the dark knight and how it's more of the same. Then again, it's ign. If you believe ign are good reviewers, then you also believe that one ghost rider was worth a 8.5/10.

Where was the bias? The IGN review talked about some of the GOOD points of the film. Just because you disagree with a review doesn't mean it was a "biased" one.

If Sony was going to reboot Spider-Man this soon, then they should have done something fresh and new ... And there are plenty of people who think the movie didn't accomplish that. Myself included. If other people love it, that's all well and dandy. Everybody has an opinion, and I think it stinks when people get in "attack mode" because someone may disagree with their opinion. :doh:

(btw, I prefer Spider-Man 3 over this movie, too. SM3 is by no means a great movie, but I think it has a more cohesive story and screenplay than ASM despite the bloatedness ... But that's another topic.)

They introduced gwen,parents,webshooters,ect how more different cam it get?
If he had have given it a 6 based on it's own as a film review and not a reboot I would have accepted it. I don't like Iron Man 3 but I don't hate on the review as it was stand alone. Put it this way if TASM càme first then would it be ok to bash SM1 for doing the origin again despite having new elements? It's fine to say that you didn't want to see the origin again but as a film review you should pretend that the other films never happened. bad place he even complained that Dr C and Norman were scientists, that's how they were written in the comics. At that point I knew he should put away the keyboard

Exactly he said it tried a dark knight vibe. If he thinks human lizards run in the real world he needs to go back to school and never touch a computer again.

I thought the ign review was bad :p All they really talked about was how it's like the dark knight and how it's more of the same. Then again, it's ign. If you believe ign are good reviewers, then you also believe that one ghost rider was worth a 8.5/10.

Exactly, IGN has zero credibility when it comes to movie reviews and all the users know it.

You can't spell IGNorant with out IGN hmmm catchy tune
Their site is terrible along with the users who just like them and
awhole lot freakin dukeey never liked that place.

I have to admit though it was funny that they got someone else to re do the review.

Is Jim the annoying "look at me!!" guy at IGN??

Now, now...are people bashing IGN just because they had reviews that are the opposite of how you guys feel?

These days, there's just two critics I listen to. And one of them is dead.

They're Roger Ebert and Jeremy Jahns.

Hoping for something along on the lines of "one of the best comic book films with a great sense of adventure, drama, and comedy" and "an improvement over the original ASM."

Now, now...are people bashing IGN just because they had reviews that are the opposite of how you guys feel?

I've hated ign for a long time. I had experienced the site in all of its categories (mostly video games).

Games like the uncharted series undeservidly gets 9/10 scores because it has set pieces masquerading as depth.

Iron man 3 getting a 9/10 because they claim it to be a serious and emotional movie.... When its not.

Last edited:
A couple more things I would like to see in reviews:

"Garfield has definitely joined the company of Downey Jr. and Bale as someone who completely inhabits his role. He's equal parts hilarious, engaging, and heroic."

"Now that the origin is out of the way, Webb is able to take his universe to a whole new level. The action and spectacle is ramped up considerably, the storytelling is fresh and exciting, and the stakes are higher than ever. I can't wait for the next one, but I won't mind savouring this one either.

IGN is AWFUL in my opinion. Iron Man 3 getting a 9/10? Seriously?

I would just like to remind everyone that when SM3 came out some critics called it complex (??) and emotional and best cbm movie ever,so yeah,that's how much critics should be taken seriously

To me, Raimi's films all have some truly perfect scenes that I like to youtube at times. But I can't stand watching the whole films.

to me, Raimi films have scenes that could be perfect, but are ruined with Tobey's and Kirsten's bad acting

If Sony was going to reboot Spider-Man this soon, then they should have done something fresh and new ...

they have done something fresh and new...a good Spider-Man movie.
images

"Garfield has definitely joined the company of Downey Jr. and Bale as someone who completely inhabits his role. He's equal parts hilarious, engaging, and heroic."

it's easy for Downey to inhabit his role when he's playing himself :woot:

It's just a guess, but I say that the second movie will be swarmed with positive critics. It'll be a big improvement like SM2 was to SM1.

Is Jim the annoying "look at me!!" guy at IGN??

No Jim Vejvoda, one of their movie critics.

You guys do know that IGN has multiple movie critics right? So the same guy who liked GR: SoV isn't the same guy who disliked TASM.

That IS quite true that Downey just plays himself haha. That casting really is as close to perfect as it gets.

As for Garfield, pretty much all the critics, including the ones who didn't care for the movie, liked his performance. In the sequel, I feel very confident in saying that if nothing else, his performance will be widely praised. Great actor. He can really capture the youthful, playful side of Spidey while also bringing great gravitas to the role.

You guys do know that IGN has multiple movie critics right? So the same guy who liked GR: SoV isn't the same guy who disliked TASM.

Too bad that all of them came from IGN and suck in all categories. Especially video games.

Yep, Andy got many raves, I don't like people trying to rewrite history here.

bad place, the most positive things that came out of TAS-M's reviews were of Garfield and Stone's characters as well as their chemistry.

bad place, the most positive things that came out of TAS-M's reviews were of Garfield and Stone's characters as well as their chemistry.

They were the best thing in the film. It was the relationship between the two that made the film stand out against the other CBM's.
It also gives me hope that we will get the definitive SM film soon.

Ah ok!

Just out of curiosity, do you know which guy I thought you meant? I just wonder if I'm alone in thinking that dude is really annoying!

They were the best thing in the film. It was the relationship between the two that made the film stand out against the other CBM's.
It also gives me hope that we will get the definitive SM film soon.

Makes you wonder, if even critics themselves praise their chemistry the most in that film, how would they critique a film when there won't be that chemistry(when Emma Stone won't be around as Gwen Stacy anymore).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"