Protecting Your Home

tzarinna

Mamochka
Reaction score
In the wake of Sean Taylor's death and of hearing about a woman's home, locally, that was entered much the way I imagine mine will be.:csad: I thought I'd get some idea of how folks secure their homestead.

Do you keep a home boy by the door? If so what?
If you have a security system, give a testimony...I'm in the market for one. :o

Link sites you have found to be helpful. :up:

ADT and Brinks both offer excellent home security systems. We use ADT, personally. I don't like going on business trips or vacations and not having the perimeter of our house secured to protect valuables or alert someone if a fire starts while we aren't home. I also don't like leaving my wife alone during those business trips without an alarm system in place. She knows very well how to use the pistols and shotguns, but if someone got in while she was asleep she'd need the extra warning time to grab one of them. There's no sneaking in this house with the dogs we have. Add the alarm system and I feel pretty secure and don't worry as much about being burglarized, which happened to me once in my old house prior to getting married and is what spurred me to install an alarm system in that house as well. The expense is roughly ~$80 per quarter and they usually offer pretty good deals on equipment and installation so it's not overly expensive to install a system.

jag

ADT and Brinks both offer excellent home security systems. We use ADT, personally. I don't like going on business trips or vacations and not having the perimeter of our house secured to protect valuables or alert someone if a fire starts while we aren't home. I also don't like leaving my wife alone during those business trips without an alarm system in place. She knows very well how to use the pistols and shotguns, but if someone got in while she was asleep she'd need the extra warning time to grab one of them. There's no sneaking in this house with the dogs we have. Add the alarm system and I feel pretty secure and don't worry as much about being burglarized, which happened to me once in my old house prior to getting married and is what spurred me to install an alarm system in that house as well. The expense is roughly ~$80 per quarter and they usually offer pretty good deals on equipment and installation so it's not overly expensive to install a system.

jag

I have ADT, but my barking dog probably does just as good a job as an alarm.

I have ADT, but my barking dog probably does just as good a job as an alarm.

But your dog won't call the cops or fire department if needed. Or....will he!? :eek:

jag

I think my windows lock. :up: And we have a nice wooden stick that we jam in the sliding door to the deck.

But your dog won't call the cops or fire department if needed. Or....will he!? :eek:

jag

He called my sister one time....

But yes, the fire alert part of the system is very comforting....and I have a emergency alert button in my bedroom.....so yes there are parts of this system that make it very worthwhile...

Brinks and ADT are certainly ones I've got my eye on, plus my insurance company will cut 15% off my monthly payment.

I have about 4 deadbolts on the door to my apartment, 2 Louisville Sluggers (1 in my car, the other in my umbrella bucket), and a shotgun with a few cases of buckshot.

Jesus. Where do you all live? In Iraq? I have nothing but my cat. I am pretty sure she isn't going to even warn me.

The holidays are the worse. I don't think I'll put a tree up, lol. *whimpers*

OOOOoooo, you know what extra tiny presents mean?!

Extra tiny gifts. :mad:

That tree in the picture is stronger than the one from the Peanuts christmas

One day you'll find out, I'm not telling. :oldrazz:

Stop hatin on my tree! :mad: :(

First off, your tree is about as nice on the eyes as Britney Spears is with her head shaved :o.

Second, I know what you mean. Seen Coupling (UK)...:cwink: single eh?

Looking for a place to live and a sugar momma, huh? :cwink:

That's not a tree. It's a branch. :dry:

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"