PS3 does huge numbers in France

Zenien

Reaction score
For all of you who are too American to understand French:

The price was the main Achilles' heel of the PS3? In any case, what it means to believe that Sony announced that sales of its console exceeded its own forecasts due to the lower prices of the model 60 GB and the introduction of the PS3 40 GB to 399 €. Since October 12 ,he would have passed 100,000 PlayStation 3 in France according to Sony. By December 31, the objective of the firm to have a fleet of 500,000 machines on the floor french should be "significantly exceeded and points of a season record" explains Georges Fornay, CEO of SCE France.

http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000062510/

71plztg.jpg

Sony'll have to win over the U.S. too achieve anything significant. Are they first anywhere(Australia doesn't count cuz it's too small)?

Depends on how you define first, if you define it in LTD, no. If you define it as relative to lifespan relative to the same period for the 360? A lot of places. If you define it as ahead of the 360 right now? A few places. You can also define it as outperforming the 360's first year by a small amount.

If you want to define it as outselling the 360, Japan, and most of Europe.

Being outsold by the 360

America
Canada
Australia

PS3 outselling 360
Every European country minus the UK where they are about tied right now as of this moment
Japan

That's all that is as good as confirmed through sales data, or reports from Europe, Iwata just recently released all the official European data from January to September of 07 for Europe and it had the PS3 outselling the 360 by about 300k, and this is before the price drop mind you.

Well both consoles will be getting FIFA and PES, the PS3 is the only one with Bundles for them though, which will be big with the casual European market who kill each other over Soccer games. I'm pretty sure the PS3 will have a better Christmas in Europe and Japan than the 360, but the 360 will outperform the PS3 in America. I can't see the PS3 tieing up the 360 install base, if they do, until sometime late 08 or early 09. Also the PS3 is getting the new Singstar this November which is really big in Europe, like multi million units per iteration big. I think they're in a good position in Europe, Japan is still this beig weird thing though, and they'll be beat in America.

Both consoles are getting their butts kicked by the Wii.

Well both consoles will be getting FIFA and PES, the PS3 is the only one with Bundles for them though, which will be big with the casual European market who kill each other over Soccer games. I'm pretty sure the PS3 will have a better Christmas in Europe and Japan than the 360, but the 360 will outperform the PS3 in America. I can't see the PS3 tieing up the 360 install base, if they do, until sometime late 08 or early 09. Also the PS3 is getting the new Singstar this November which is really big in Europe, like multi million units per iteration big. I think they're in a good position in Europe, Japan is still this beig weird thing though, and they'll be beat in America.

Both consoles are getting their butts kicked by the Wii.
But definitely not in equal shares.

If you consider the headstart the 360 had, it's getting beat even worse than the PS3 is.

That's because The 360 has WAY too many shooters and violent games. Those bloody Frenchies never had the stomach for a fight. :down:cmad:

I bet that when they play Halo they surrender to the Covenant instead of fight them :o

That's because The 360 has WAY too many shooters and violent games. Those bloody Frenchies never had the stomach for a fight. :down:cmad:

LOL, YOU JUST HAD TO GO THERE, DIDN'T CHA!!!:oldrazz:;):D:up:

yes...and the PS3's line up is just FILLED with nothing but Disney games...:whatever:

PS3 has less games than the 360 and their violent to non-violent game ratio is probably greater than 360's.

yes...and the PS3's line up is just FILLED with nothing but Disney games...:whatever:

PS3 has less games than the 360 and their violent to non-violent game ratio is probably greater than 360's.

SUBJECT SARCASM DETECTOR POSSIBLE MALFUNCTION.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR OR CALL US AT 1-800-PAYATTENTIONTOSMILEYS.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

What I want to know it barely took a year for Xbox 360's year head start to start crumbling. By this time next year, I predict PS3 will be neck-in-neck with Xbox 360, or even pass it entirely.

SUBJECT SARCASM DETECTOR POSSIBLE MALFUNCTION.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR OR CALL US AT 1-800-PAYATTENTIONTOSMILEYS.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

CAUTION!

CONVENIENT RESPONSE DETECTED!

IF PROBLEM PERSISTS PLEASE CONTACT YOUR NEAREST X-BOT CORRECTION PROVIDER AT 1-800-FULLOFBS

HAVE A NICE DAY.

CAUTION!

CONVENIENT RESPONSE DETECTED!

IF PROBLEM PERSISTS PLEASE CONTACT YOUR NEAREST X-BOT CORRECTION PROVIDER AT 1-800-FULLOFBS

HAVE A NICE DAY.

You actually think I was serious with my comment about the French not buying the 360 because it has way too many shooters, even AFTER your fellow Sony pals already acknowledged it as a joke? You must be a new breed of dumbass with some kind of hypersensitivity switch. :dry:

You actually think I was serious with my comment about the French not buying the 360 because it has way too many shooters, even AFTER your fellow Sony pals already acknowledged it as a joke? You must be a new breed of dumbass with some kind of hypersensitivity switch. :dry:

wow...because all Sony supporters are my pals and because one person seems to acknowledge that you might be joking means you must be.

also, i'm not the one who really gives a crap about the opinion of someone you don't really know. i personally don't give a crap about your opinion due to you continual biased posts here...really i'm just playing with you because i know you seem to care. so who's really hypersensitive here? hmm...

in any case we're getting off topic. so how about we both just shut up :)

If you really care, PM me and we'll hold a stupid discussion away from these folks and the mods.

wow...because all Sony supporters are my pals and because one person seems to acknowledge that you might be joking means you must be. also, i'm not the one who really gives a crap about the opinion of someone you don't really know. i personally don't give a crap about your opinion due to you continual biased posts here...really i'm just playing with you because i know you seem to care. so who's really hypersensitive here? hmm...

It was not an opinion, it was a bloody JOKE you dimwitted ******. I can't believe you are dumb enough to think the level of violence actually affects games and consoles sales in France. Or your inability to grasp the reference to a common satirical jab in my post about the French's unwillingness to fight and their eagerness to surrender. Funny how both hippie hunter and The Guardian got the joke and you didn't. Oh and there's nothing hypersensitive about calling someone a moron for taking a joke seriously. :dry:

Can we please stop devolving threads into arguments and flame wars. :csad:

The day you agree with THWIP and Dacman on something is the day that will happen, anywhere on the internet.

Through some freak accident, I might end up agreeing with one of them on something, but there's no chance in hell that I'll somehow manage to agree with them both at the same time. :\

I'm sure you all secretly admire each other. There's got to be something you can openly agree about.

I do not secretly admire Dacman or THWIP. :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"