Ps5 vs. Series X/S: Which next gen system are you leaning more towards?

And not only that, the tv technology is improving. And there are also persistent rumors of a Switch Pro.
Yeah, all the tech is coming together at the right time. There should be some great games this gen when devs fully get to grips with everything.

Last gen ps4 out sold xbox one like 2.5 to 1. I expect this gen to be more like 3-4 to 1 xbox just has nothing going for it and now with xbox games Multiplatform some how not doing has well has ps5 xbox really has nothing that was supposed to be the one good thing going for xbox.

I am really dissapointend with ps5 and the issues in the like 3 weeks now I have had like 13-14 times where system has either shut its self off/game froze or game kicked me back out to the main menu including 3 times in a row today where I couldn't get to disney+ with out it shutting off. Not used to Sony having so many issues dont fell like Sony.

I am really dissapointend with ps5 and the issues in the like 3 weeks now I have had like 13-14 times where system has either shut its self off/game froze or game kicked me back out to the main menu including 3 times in a row today where I couldn't get to disney+ with out it shutting off. Not used to Sony having so many issues dont fell like Sony.
Like all consumer electronics, you've possibly got a dud.

If you can get your hands on another PS5, make an exchange. If not, then get a refund if you think it'll only get worse from now...

Yeah, all the tech is coming together at the right time. There should be some great games this gen when devs fully get to grips with everything.
Yes!! Both Demons' Souls Remake and that Unreal Engine 5 Demo make me excited about the future and possibilities of this gen.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having so many issues. :(

I've encountered several crashes and issues with my PS5, as well. Along with some compatibility issues with my new Sony X900H tv (go figure).

The tv compat issues are more of an annoyance, but the PS5 crashes are more concerning. The crashes seem to be related to using an external hdd with the PS5. I'm hoping they can patch that ASAP and that my PS5 is not a dud unit.

However, I'd say so far, the positives outweigh the negatives and I don't regret getting the PS5 so soon. I'm enjoying new games like Demons Souls Remake and the fast ssd loading and auto-HDR bring new life to my PS4 games. Once you experience playing games on the PS5, it's REALLY hard to go back and play games on older systems, including the PS4.

Hopefully the crashes and bugs can be patched by Sony ASAP. Regardless, I have an extended return policy and an extended warranty from Best Buy. So, if I do have a dud unit, I will use either of those to get it replaced. It's just that with the limited console availability, I'm worried it might be problematic to find a replacement console. But hopefully it won't have to come to that.

Hope your issues can get fixed on your end soon. And if you do have a dud unit, hope you can get it replaced.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having so many issues. :(

I've encountered several crashes and issues with my PS5, as well. Along with some compatibility issues with my new Sony X900H tv (go figure).

The tv compat issues are more of an annoyance, but the PS5 crashes are more concerning. The crashes seem to be related to using an external hdd with the PS5. I'm hoping they can patch that ASAP and that my PS5 is not a dud unit.

However, I'd say so far, the positives outweigh the negatives and I don't regret getting the PS5 so soon. I'm enjoying new games like Demons Souls Remake and the fast ssd loading and auto-HDR bring new life to my PS4 games. Once you experience playing games on the PS5, it's REALLY hard to go back and play games on older systems, including the PS4.

Hopefully the crashes and bugs can be patched by Sony ASAP. Regardless, I have an extended return policy and an extended warranty from Best Buy. So, if I do have a dud unit, I will use either of those to get it replaced. It's just that with the limited console availability, I'm worried it might be problematic to find a replacement console. But hopefully it won't have to come to that.

Hope your issues can get fixed on your end soon. And if you do have a dud unit, hope you can get it replaced.

Yeah I am hoping we can get some good fixes soon its just not like Sony to have these amount of issues and crashes worry me that at some point it will crash and not turn back on at all. I had another freeze last night not crash but freeze but I had to unplug the system to get it to turn off has pushing the power button on the controller or the system was not doing any thing. Its getting to the point where when I am playing I am almost expecting the system to crash and when the screens goes black for like the 2 seconds it takes to load I am worried it is turning of. The ssd and load speeds are something and seeing games for the first time in 4k never had a pro is nice but if like ever time I play I have to deal with turning the system of and than back on and waiting for it to fix its self then its not saving me time even with the fast loading.

So I just did reset the console and did the rebuild database thing and reinstalled my 6 games I have spiderman mm, spiderman remaster, sackboy, preinstalled astro bot game, immortals fyenx rising, watch dog legious. Hopefully I will have a lot less issues now will see in the next week or so if I am getting system shut does and freezing and such. If I am still having issues in a few weeks I will have to call Sony. I am not sure if systems will be in stock yet by the time Best Buy and their return date pass for me to try to do an exchange or not.

Yes!! Both Demons' Souls Remake and that Unreal Engine 5 Demo make me excited about the future and possibilities of this gen.
Yeah those are the only 2 glimpses of anything next gen I’ve seen so far from the new consoles. Getting to the tech demo level may be far away still though. I am optimistic of the progress we will see after the first few years of new consoles are out the way.

Like all consumer electronics, you've possibly got a dud.

If you can get your hands on another PS5, make an exchange. If not, then get a refund if you think it'll only get worse from now...

Was at best buy yesterday today and found out they are keeping a few extra in case people have issues with there's. I was able to exchange mine hopefully this one has less issues. Got home last night and to set it up and reinstall my 6 games while I was watch nfl. Hopefully I have a lot less issues this time. I have not played it yet going to play for several hours tonight after I eat dinner. We see over the next week or so if I am still having freezing/shut downs or if this second console works better.

Yeah those are the only 2 glimpses of anything next gen I’ve seen so far from the new consoles. Getting to the tech demo level may be far away still though. I am optimistic of the progress we will see after the first few years of new consoles are out the way.

You didn't see ratchet and clank rift apart and how you are basically able to jump from one plant to another like in 1 second? Also horizon forbidden west looks way better from what was shown than any thing on ps4/xbox one the water looked photo real.

You didn't see ratchet and clank rift apart and how you are basically able to jump from one plant to another like in 1 second? Also horizon forbidden west looks way better from what was shown than any thing on ps4/xbox one the water looked photo real.
Oh yes, actually that should count too.

Horizon looks beautiful but doesn't quite shout next gen to me yet.

I kind of think it could be sooner. Ps4 already had some moments that where close to it and from what we saw in the Horizon forbidden west trailer it looks like the water is photo realistic.
Photo realistic environments will come way before photo realistic humans IMO. Getting humans to look actually real and not just great animated representations is really difficult.

Photo realistic environments will come way before photo realistic humans IMO. Getting humans to look actually real and not just great animated representations is really difficult.

That is true I was just thinking of some moments. Like spiderman ps4 at times with the right lighting in the game the suit looked photo real. NBA 2k21 is starting to get there with how players look. I could see ps6/xbox what ever being there I guess that could be around 10 years though being that those consoles should be like 6-7 years away and being that it takes a few years for consoles to start to get to there max when it comes to what they can do.

That is true I was just thinking of some moments. Like spiderman ps4 at times with the right lighting in the game the suit looked photo real. NBA 2k21 is starting to get there with how players look. I could see ps6/xbox what ever being there I guess that could be around 10 years though being that those consoles should be like 6-7 years away and being that it takes a few years for consoles to start to get to there max when it comes to what they can do.
Yeah, the NBA 2K games have been making good progress on this front. Midway through the gen after this could be a good shout, and if not we should be getting major improvements in other areas at least.

Was at best buy yesterday today and found out they are keeping a few extra in case people have issues with there's. I was able to exchange mine hopefully this one has less issues. Got home last night and to set it up and reinstall my 6 games while I was watch nfl. Hopefully I have a lot less issues this time. I have not played it yet going to play for several hours tonight after I eat dinner. We see over the next week or so if I am still having freezing/shut downs or if this second console works better.
Great that you could get a replacement. :up:

I'm still waiting for this kind of photorealism which wowed me more than the UE5 demo if I'm being honest.

That was rendered on a 4-year-old GPU (GTX 1070) and in UE4...

Great that you could get a replacement. :up:

I'm still waiting for this kind of photorealism which wowed me more than the UE5 demo if I'm being honest.

That was rendered on a 4-year-old GPU (GTX 1070) and in UE4...

Looks good too. That same set could be so much improved with top tech a generation from now, and playing in environments like those would be awesome. The future for games is looking great. It’s one of the few hobbies that definitely gets better with time as tech improves.

Glad that you were able to get a replacement! Hope you have better luck with this unit.

Also, good to know that Best Buy stores are keeping extra units in the back in case of replacements. Hope mine will never have to come to that, though.....haha.

After playing Demons Souls on the PS5, it's now kind of hard to go back and play games on the PS3 and even some PS4 games......haha.

How the new gen tech spoils you........lol.

Glad that you were able to get a replacement! Hope you have better luck with this unit.

Also, good to know that Best Buy stores are keeping extra units in the back in case of replacements. Hope mine will never have to come to that, though.....haha.

Yeah I am sure it depends on the area I live in a smaller area population of 16000 this closet Best Buy has in the town where I live I dont have a Best Buy and have a population of about 13000. They said they had like 2 extra. If you are in a much bigger area like la they may have like 10 backups or something. Played for about 3 hours last night no issues yet but we will see. I am going to play some more shortly.

Yeah I am sure it depends on the area I live in a smaller area population of 16000 this closet Best Buy has in the town where I live I dont have a Best Buy and have a population of about 13000. They said they had like 2 extra. If you are in a much bigger area like la they may have like 10 backups or something. Played for about 3 hours last night no issues yet but we will see. I am going to play some more shortly.
Good to hear!

with everything mS is doing, it's really hard to fathom that Sony will still be at the top in the long run if they don't do anything to answer them.

Based from the early sales and buzz, Ps5 has sold more copies and has more interest than Series X. It is literally the most search thing on Google last year.

Ps5 got the early lead. While Xbox still lacks those eXclusives. I seriously doubt thats going to change in 2021 to 2026. Halo Infinite, Avowed and Perfect Dark are probably going to be accessible in Pc and personally speaking, those games aren't more interesting than the neXt Horizon, Spider-Man, God of War, Naughty Dog, Ghost of Tsushima game. I'll give them Elder Scrolls and I guess the Starfield but those games are probably going to be released when these new consoles are already halfway into their lifespan. I don't see how Xbox is surpassing Sony. Their plan doesn't feel aggressive especially pc players are taking a piece of their cakes.

Game pass is great and it should keep the Xbox name afloat but even that isn't driving more interest than ps5. And you don't need to own a series X for their gamepass. My new pc already has a Xbox gamepass and its just there by default.

Sony has said that they would revamp psnow and their subscription service for ps5 is tempting as well. Though both of those dont appeal to me.

Based from the early sales and buzz, Ps5 has sold more copies and has more interest than Series X. It is literally the most search thing on Google last year.

Ps5 got the early lead. While Xbox still lacks those eXclusives. I seriously doubt thats going to change in 2021 to 2026. Halo Infinite, Avowed and Perfect Dark are probably going to be accessible in Pc and personally speaking, those games aren't more interesting than the neXt Horizon, Spider-Man, God of War, Naughty Dog, Ghost of Tsushima game. I'll give them Elder Scrolls and I guess the Starfield but those games are probably going to be released when these new consoles are already halfway into their lifespan. I don't see how Xbox is surpassing Sony. Their plan doesn't feel aggressive especially pc players are taking a piece of their cakes.

Game pass is great and it should keep the Xbox name afloat but even that isn't driving more interest than ps5. And you don't need to own a series X for their gamepass. My new pc already has a Xbox gamepass and its just there by default.

Sony has said that they would revamp psnow and their subscription service for ps5 is tempting as well. Though both of those dont appeal to me.
it's kinda weird to say copies of Ps5 since it's hardware, not software. and right now there aren't that many exclusives obviously since the console just released. there are a lot of games worth playing, but in my opinion Series X matches that simply with the access to the gamepass service. Ps5 is all the buzz right now but like I said for the long run, I don't know how that would last.

Also, do you have a source where Sony said they would revamp psnow for Ps5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"