Ps5 vs. Series X/S: Which next gen system are you leaning more towards?

I don't think you need to wait for Horizon Zero Dawn's remaster. It came out in 2017 and still of the best looking games to date. Also its complete edition includes the dlc, which made the map larger and added a few more creatures.

And if you like games like Detroit Become Human, pick up Until Dawn. I don't know if you played Spider-Man but that is a must have for any ps4 owners.

Also, Death Stranding (though I haven't played it, since I'm still waiting for the original price to be cut in half) is a must,just for the story and experience imo.

The one ps4 eXclusive that I'm skipping is Days Gone, simply because zombie games stress me out and I'll just leave my zombie gaming experience to Resident Evil/Last of Us.
You're right. There's absolutely zero reasons to get HZD remastered.

lQ0OVcB.gif

Then again, the uncharted trilogy and gow3 held up great on Ps3 but Sony remastered them anyway, although that could be for lack of BC

Horizon Zero Dawn is still one of the best looking games I have seen to date. A remaster won't do much to improve on it.

Still would be nice but if it's BC for PS5 then awesome. I just want to try it somehow if I do get a PS5

I can only imagine a remaster if somehow graphics in ps5 became ten times more photo realistic than in 2017. And even if thats possible, Guerilla Games should probably just focus on the sequel/s.

Its the best ps4 exclusive and its dlc is even better then the main game that is all you need to know lol. Play it!
That's debatable...the game's graphics are gorgeous but in my opinion, Uncharted 4 is still the best exclusive Ps4 game. Some might even say it's Bloodborne.

Well I can't play it and that's the problem lol but perhaps someday I will finally get the chance

That's debatable...the game's graphics are gorgeous but in my opinion, Uncharted 4 is still the best exclusive Ps4 game. Some might even say it's Bloodborne.

To me its horizon and then spiderman then ratchet and clank for top 3. Bloodborne i was never interested in and i played uncharted 4 and like it but i think the first of the newer tomb raider games were better.

How is sony doing with apps and console features? I use my Xbox for more than just gaming and assume Playstation 4 is pretty much the same as Xbox One in that area

It has a webpage viewer, its where I usually watch shows and YouTube. The tv/movies section, there's an app for almost every major streaming service. I think it even has an app for Spotify as well.

My top 3 are in order:

1. God of War
2. Uncharted
3. Horizon

How is sony doing with apps and console features? I use my Xbox for more than just gaming and assume Playstation 4 is pretty much the same as Xbox One in that area
You can expect all the usual shxt, Netflix, YouTube, HBO Go, Disney+, etc. One of my favorite features is remote play that lets you play your game on a Vita or on a laptop, as well as shareplay which was pretty dope whenever I used it, except for fighting games

Edit: but one key feature that the Ps4 pro is missing that both the Xbone S and X sport is a 4K Blu-ray player

Last edited:
I forgot to mention Yakuza! The prequel and remakes of the first two are on xbox one but rest is playstation with the ones I mentioned being timed exclusive

MS better talk about next gen xbox getting a major boost in exclusives at E3!

Detroit isn't exclusive anymore
If we're talking console exclusives then Street Fighter V was never exclusive to begin with
I forgot to mention Yakuza! The prequel and remakes of the first two are on xbox one but rest is playstation with the ones I mentioned being timed exclusive

MS better talk about next gen xbox getting a major boost in exclusives at E3!
Yakuza 0 is one of the best games of this generation, it's multiplatform now but just like Tekken the series is largely exclusive to and identified with the playstation brand. Yakuza 7 is supposed to be exclusive too (but will probably multiplatform in a few years too)

Sega wanted the whole series playable on one system, and they accomplished that by remaking two of the games and having the rest of them on Ps4 and therefore also Ps5.

You can expect all the usual shxt, Netflix, YouTube, HBO Go, Disney+, etc. One of my favorite features is remote play that lets you play your game on a Vita or on a laptop, as well as shareplay which was pretty dope whenever I used it, except for fighting games

Edit: but one key feature that the Ps4 pro is missing that both the Xbone S and X sport is a 4K Blu-ray player

What's wrong with fighting games for shareplay? I haven't used that feature as I always forget about it and how to even do it

What's wrong with fighting games for shareplay? I haven't used that feature as I always forget about it and how to even do it
There's a 0.06 second input lag. So if you're the person who owns the game and want to play it with a friend who doesn't have it and is gonna shareplay it with you, you're always going to have the unfair advantage.

You use it by starting a party, there's a button on the top right that says you can start shareplay but everybody involved has to have psplus

That sucks. Back to exclusives though, I don't factor in PC and just mean what's available on consoles.

Speaking also of Street Fighter V. Any news of Street Fighter 6 also being PS 5 and not Xbox?

That sucks. Back to exclusives though, I don't factor in PC and just mean what's available on consoles.

Speaking also of Street Fighter V. Any news of Street Fighter 6 also being PS 5 and not Xbox?
I don't think Capcom was happy with the outcome of SFV, so you can probably expect the next one to be multiplatform too. As I said earlier in the thread, the age of 3rd party exclusivity is gone.

I'm hearing a rumor now that Ps5 pro is gonna launch at the same time as Ps5. I hope it's not true.

I don't think that rumor's credible.

Well at some point, there's going to be a second or better version of ps5 similar to its predecessors. Though would they launch a pro version and non pro version of ps5 at the same time? Would that even be a good idea?

I don't think that rumor's credible.
Let's hope it's nothing.
Well at some point, there's going to be a second or better version of ps5 similar to its predecessors. Though would they launch a pro version and non pro version of ps5 at the same time? Would that even be a good idea?
I think it's an awful idea. Having a more expensive unit available at launch is gonna remind everyone when there were two Ps3s at launch with the more preferable unit being the more expensive one. Also, if you wait to release the pro unit later in the generation, you can cut the price of the base model, price the pro unit the same as the base was at launch, and it could be more powerful than if it were a launch unit as well.

I don't think Sony would do something like that but I could always be wrong. In just a couple of years yeah but it would shockingly surprise me if at launch

I don't think Sony would do something like that but I could always be wrong. In just a couple of years yeah but it would shockingly surprise me if at launch
I can see Sony doing it which is why it worries me and hope to God that they don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"