PSP Positives & Negatives...

Ya, wondering if that question was a joke, but just in case not. PSP is portable with PS2 like graphics (hence PSP=Playstation Portable), the PS3 is...well the PS3, a home gaming console.

Well I haven't tried it at too far a distance, I still got a connection out by my mail box when I was watching a youtube video while checking mail. However from my understanding, as long as your PS3 is hooked up to the net you can access it with your PSP anywhere it can get wifi. When you set your PS3 up to remote play, and then click on remote play on your PSP it asks if you want to connect via Internet or Private, Private is being within range of your PS3, Internet I guess is the option you choose if you want to via Wifi. I heard some ppl say they were accessing their PS3 from their PSP from a few states away.

Basically your streaming video off your PS3 and the PS3 is doing the work. I've also heard you can turn your PS3 on and off with the PSP, but again haven't tried it. Also it's not just PS1 games you can stream, I streamed the Pixel Junk Monsters demo from PSN to my PSP, I hear you can play Lair (PS3 game) streaming. It's fun tho to play games like FFVII or Twisted Metal 2 on the go is all.
aight, thanks man. and did i read correctly that you were on youtube on ur psp? i didnt think it had the right java capabilities.

I was watching it thru remote play. The PS3 has Java (tho not a very new version). The PS3 can watch youtube streams, and I also use it to watch fansub animes streamed from various sights. I've only had a few instances where a stream said, "You have to upgrade flash to watch this".

Another cool thing is the PS3 can pull videos from your comp via media server. I've watched some movies on my PSP via remote play while walking around the house a few times, just kinda neat.

Honestly I think the PSP is a good handheld by itself, but it only really shines when you use it as an extension of your PS3. The games are pretty, and it's also a music/video/pic player, but watching movies and playing games from your PS3 kicks all kinds of ass.

Edit - Also the PSP has Java as well, tho I haven't tried a direct to internet link with it yet. I've heard of Java games being played on the PSP before.

Also while I mentioned that above I guess I should say that there's a rumor that Netflix is working on making their watch it now feature to work on the PS3 and 360. Watch it now (for those that don't know) is a feature that gives you 1 hour for each $1 (roughly) of view time for movies on Netflix. So let's say you have a deal that costs $16 a month then that's roughly 16 hours of streaming video you can watch. So if this rumors true then you'd have tons of movies you could stream on to your PSP from your PS3 to watch while walking or whatever.

My main problem tho is there aren't any close wifi towers at where I am currently. So I haven't been able to experiment with accessing my PS3 from a distance. Maybe next time I drive into a larger city I'll try it.

Does the car charger only work for charging or can you play in a vehicle with a dead battery hooked into the lighter?

I was watching it thru remote play. The PS3 has Java (tho not a very new version). The PS3 can watch youtube streams, and I also use it to watch fansub animes streamed from various sights. I've only had a few instances where a stream said, "You have to upgrade flash to watch this".

Another cool thing is the PS3 can pull videos from your comp via media server. I've watched some movies on my PSP via remote play while walking around the house a few times, just kinda neat.

Honestly I think the PSP is a good handheld by itself, but it only really shines when you use it as an extension of your PS3. The games are pretty, and it's also a music/video/pic player, but watching movies and playing games from your PS3 kicks all kinds of ass.

Edit - Also the PSP has Java as well, tho I haven't tried a direct to internet link with it yet. I've heard of Java games being played on the PSP before.
so ur saying all i would need is to find a hot spot to to link psp to ps3, then i can go anywhere?

I need some help.I recently got a ps3 and already had a psp.I registered my psp with my ps3.But when I try to connect it says connection failed.What do I do?

I need some help.I recently got a ps3 and already had a psp.I registered my psp with my ps3.But when I try to connect it says connection failed.What do I do?

How are you trying to connect? First try flipping the wifi switch at the lower left. Then make sure when it asks connection type you choose "Playstation 3".

Yea go to remote control on my psp then choose ps3 as my connection but it doesn't work.

How can you download games to psp? :huh:
Also, I'm having a hard time getting the internet on my PSP. Can anyone help me to do so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"