Psychonauts 2?

I still haven't beat the first game. I love it but the controls are terrible. I'm stuck at the second boss battle at the end in the meat circus.

AAAAAND IT'S FUNDED! Let's cross fingers that Schafer doesn't blow it this time.

I still haven't beat the first game. I love it but the controls are terrible. I'm stuck at the second boss battle at the end in the meat circus.

Are you playing the PC version? It works fine with my PS2/PS3 controller, but the PC controls are horrible.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Psychonauts 2 plot unveiled
Published 4 hours ago. 12 comments.

Raz will finally get to go to Psychonauts headquarters.

Psychonauts-2-Plot-Unveiled.jpg

Double Fine Productions founder Tim Schafer shared the plot to Psychonauts 2 during a Reddit ‘Ask Me Anything’ today.

“The story for Psychonauts 2 is something I wanted to do back when Psychonauts was released,” Schafer said in response to a user. “In the intervening years I’ve been keeping a document of ideas going, with new mental worlds and story ideas going in as I think of them. So I’m starting this game with the rough story figured out, ideas for brains and mechanics, and an engine (Unreal).”
Schafer goes on to outline the plot:
“In Psychonauts 2, Raz will finally get to go to Psychonauts headquarters–his lifelong dream. There he can see Sasha and Milla in their natural environment–international espionage. But he finds several things strange about the organization. While Truman Zanotto was missing, several changes to the direction of the organization were made by his second in command. Funding was cut from traditional psychic research and peacekeeping, and redirected to unorthodox, fringe endeavors, including the discredited practice of necromancy. Raz soon uncovers sinister things at work in the shadows of Psychonauts headquarters, including double agents and evils of the past. Raz’s own family history plays a pivotal part in the story, and Raz must confront the roots of the curse placed on his family once and for all. And also deal with this whole “girlfriend” term and what it really means.”
Psychonauts 2 is in development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux and is planned for a fall 2018 release. Its development was funded through a Fig campaign that reached its $3.3 million goal last week.

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Double Fine Productions, Psychonauts 2

source: Gematsu

Despite issues with the first game I'm willing to give the sequel a shot as long as they have better ****ing controls. :argh:

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin first gameplay, details[/FONT]

Published 7 mins ago. 0 comments.
PlayStation VR-exclusive Psychonauts due out in 2016.

Psychonauts-VR-Gameplay.jpg

Double Fine Productions released the first gameplay of Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin, its PlayStation VR-exclusive prequel to Psychonauts 2, at E3 2016.

Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin is due out later this year.

Get the gameplay and information below.
[YT]070QBj-1fFw[/YT]
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin is an all-new Virtual Reality adventure that takes players back into the mysterious and paranormal world of the Psychonauts for the first time in over ten years!
Once again players will assume the role of Raz, an intrepid young psychic and now fully fledged member of the Psychonauts — an elite group of international psychic secret agents!
The story picks up exactly where it left off at the end of Psychonauts (2005)—with Raz, Lili, Sasha, Milla, and Coach Oleander flying off to rescue Truman Zannotto, the Grand Head of the Psychonauts. Their mission takes them straight into the heart of the Rhombus of Ruin—a mysterious part of the ocean as deadly as two Bermuda Triangles back to back!
When the rescue party itself is kidnapped and held prisoner in the Rhombus, Raz is immobilized and must use only his psychic powers to reunite his friends, reveal the identity of the mysterious kidnapper, and free Truman before the madness of the Rhombus consumes all their minds.
In the experience players will see through Raz’s eyes in first person, using his various psychic powers to affect the world, and solve puzzles. The power of Clairvoyance allows players to see through the eyes of others, and explore the environment, whilst other abilities such as Telekinesis and Pyrokinesis allow players to move things around with the power of their mind…or just set them on fire.
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin is written and directed by industry legend Tim Schafer, lead by VR Veteran Chad Dawson and created by many of the same people who worked on the original Psychonauts here at Double Fine Productions. Original voice actors Richard Horvitz, Nicki Rapp, and others are returning to reprise their roles, and original composer Peter McConnell will be writing brand new music for this brand new adventure!.
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of ruin is coming exclusively to PlayStation VR this year, and will chronicle the events between the first Psychonauts and the forthcoming Psychonauts 2, which was successfully crowdfunded earlier this year, and headed to consoles and PCs in 2018.

Read More

PlayStation 4, Clips, Doublefine Productions, E3 2016, Gameplay, PlayStation VR, Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin

It was really nice to see and hear the characters after nearly 12 years. I can't believe it's been THAT long.

[FONT=&quot]Starbreeze to publish Psychonauts 2[/FONT]

Published 2 hours ago. 2 comments.
Due out for consoles and PC in 2018.

Psychonauts-2-Starbreeze-Publish.jpg

Starbreeze Publishing will publish Psychonauts 2, the anticipated sequel currently in development at Double Fine Productions, in 2018, the company announced.

Starbreeze will invest $8 million USD to bring the game to PC and other console platforms through digital distribution.

The company will be a “major investor” in the project, which has also been funded by Double Fine itself, as well as through a successful Fig campaign. Starbreeze will be able to recoup 100 percent of its full investment, including marketing costs, with an initial revenue share of 85 percent after distribution and platform fees, and Fig crowdfunding revenue share.

Starbreeze share of revenues will become 60 percent after the investment is recouped.

Here’s an overview of the game:
Psychonauts 2 is a third-person action/adventure platformer where players control Razputin Aquato – a newly graduated Psychonaut with powerful psychic abilities – as he delves into the minds of others. The player will use Raz’s PSI powers, such as telekinesis, pyrokinesis, and levitation, in combination with Raz’s acrobatic platforming skills, to explore the mental worlds of the game’s eccentric characters.
The story of Psychonauts 2 picks up directly after the events of the first game, and the VR adventure Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin, but players will not need to have played those games to follow the events of Psychonauts 2. In this new story, Raz arrives at Psychonaut headquarters, excited to finally become an official Psychonaut, but soon finds himself torn between the laws of the Psychonauts, his loyalty to his friends, and a secret mission that could undo everything for which he has fought so hard.
And here are comments from Starbreeze and Double Fine:
Bo Andersson-Klint, CEO of Starbreeze
“Many of us gamers who’ve grown up during 70’s and 80’s have at some point come across the great games from Double Fine and Tim Schafer. Games like Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, and Brutal Legend are all in the list of personal all time favorites for many of us. We’re very proud to be able to add this prominent collaboration to our Publishing business. Starbreeze is looking forward to support Double Fine in bringing the new and exciting game Psychonauts 2 to young and old gamers world wide”
Tim Schafer, President and CEO of Double Fine Productions
“Starbreeze is the perfect partner for Double Fine and our backers on Psychonauts 2. Their expertise in not just developing and publishing games, but supporting them after launch will be a great benefit for players of the game.”
Watch some new footage below.

[YT]sjirhAZsZNo[/YT]

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Clips, Developer Diaries, Double Fine Productions, Psychonauts 2, Starbreeze Studios

[FONT=&quot]Psychonauts 2 first playable milestone gameplay[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 1 comment.

Here's a 15-minute developer diary.

Psychonauts-2_10-05-17.jpg

Double Fine Productions has released footage of the first playable milestone of Psychonauts 2.

Here’s an overview of what a “first playable” means in terms of the game’s development, via Fig:

The “First Playable” is an area of the game that we’ve built to test our new pipelines and workflows across all departments — art, animation, tech, design, cinematics, etc. We’ve tested all of this a lot during pre-production, but this is our first big attempt to create a fully arted up, fully playable chunk of gameplay with all the systems, art, gameplay, and tech working in the same place. You may see other teams refer to something like this as a “Vertical Slice” , though we don’t use this terminology because it tends to imply a level of polish and completeness that isn’t really required at this stage of production.
This doesn’t mean that we now have a final area made to shippable quality, there’s still a lot of work to be done. It does however represent a fully playable area that has all the things a level of the game should have: elements like player movement, combat, quests, experience, UI all working together with scratch dialogue and audio, some rough visual effects, textures, lighting, even a cut-scene. This means we can iterating on these systems so they can be as good as possible for the final game.
Psychonauts 2 will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2018.

Watch teh footage below.

[YT]3Gs6laePLIw[/YT]

source:Gematsu

The environments and gameplay are coming along nicely. I love how bright this new hub seems to be.

I'm expecting a trailer on the VGAs this year, just like how the game was announced nearly two years ago.

Man, the first one was SO good. To this day when I do something good, I do Raz's little dance and song.

[FONT=&quot]Psychonauts 2 delayed past 2018[/FONT]
Published 8 hours ago. 18 comments.
Meet the Aquato family.

Psychonauts-2_12-21-17.jpg

Double Fine Productions has delayed Psychonauts 2 past its previously announced 2018 release window to an unannounced window.

“We know a lot more about not only the size and scope of the game we’re going to make, but how long it’s going to take us to make that, and that’s all really good news,” project lead Zak McClendon said in the latest Psychonauts 2 development update. “The less good news is because of that, we now know that it is not going to be done in 2018.”
McClendon continued, “We are making great progress, and we do know about how long it’s going to take, but we don’t really want to say anything until we can give a firm date for people. We don’t want it to be a thing where it’s like, ‘We think it’s here, but then it might be here or there.’ We want to know exactly where we’re going to land.”

Outside of the release window update, the development update also showcases the creation of the Aquato family—protagonist Raz’s family. While the Aquatos appeared in memory vaults in the original Psychonauts, the entire family is being named and modeled for Psychonauts 2.

Psychonauts 2 is in production for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

[YT]aQL2clXzrug[/YT]

source:Gematsu

Psychonauts 2 official reveal trailer
Published 6 hours ago. 5 comments.
Due out in 2019.

Psychonauts-2-PV_12-06-18.jpg

Double Fine Productions and Starbreeze Studios debuted the official first trailer for Psychonauts 2 at The Game Awards 2018, which is due out for consoles and PC in 2019.

Here is an overview of the game, via Double Fine Productions:

Psychonauts 2 tells the story of Razputin Aquato, a gifted acrobat with psychic powers, as he fulfills his life-long goal of becoming an international psychic super-spy. In other words, a Psychonaut. Raz joins the Psychonauts at a dangerous time: a mole has infiltrated the organization and is planning to resurrect history’s most cruelly powerful psychic villains. Not knowing who to trust, Raz must dive into the history of the Psychonauts, and that of his own family, to fight the demons of their shared past.

Watch the trailer below.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

This was a pleasant surprise. We saw quite a bit of both gameplay and cutscenes, which was great after a few months of no new information.

I love the new graphics. The plastic look of the characters fits so well with the designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"