Punisher 3: YOUR version!

Dark Sentinel

Superhero
Reaction score
ok, after having seen both Punisher '04 and Punisher: War Zone, i thought it would be a cool idea for us to come up with our own Punisher movie. Sequel? sure.. Reboot? go for it.. just rate the concept above you! I'll start

Title: Punishment
(reboot of series)

• Frank Castle is a Special Agent for the FBI (a la P'04) working in New York.
  • He works in the Organized Crime Unit under Lieutenant Jimmy Weeks (liked the name from P'04 so i carried it over). OCU's primary target is a mobster named Isaac Moretti
  • Moretti is the head of the Moretti Crime Family, the so-called "Sixth Family" of the New York Mafia. Moretti has carved out a little bit of territory in the heart of NYC
  • Ditch the extended family concept from P'04. While i liked the emotional impact it left, for the purposes of this story we'll stick with Maria Castle and Frank Jr. However, there needs to be an emotional attachment to Maria and Frank Jr, so i would probably hold off their untimely murders for a good half hour.
  • During a routine raid of a Moretti front, Castle unknowingly shoots and kills Moretti's brother Johnny Moretti (think of it as a nod to P:WZ but in this case the guy's actually a mobster)
  • In retaliation, Moretti uses his FBI contacts to find out about Castle and assigns low-ranking soldier Billy Russo to take out the Castle family.
  • Russo has a taste for bloodshed, so the killings are exceptionally gruesome. Naturally, Frank survives.
  • Fast forward about 6 months. Castle is still working for OCU, but we can see the cracks already forming: short fuse, distracted, depression, flashbacks, etc.
  • NYPD arrests Russo on drug possession and because of his ties to Moretti he's transferred to OCU. Frank recognizes him and asks to "talk" to him. Weeks reluctantly agrees.
  • During their "talk" Castle repeatedly slams Russo's head into a window, then grinds his face in the broken shards on the floor. Thus, Jigsaw is born.
  • At this point it's obvious that Castle is completely broken. Weeks stops Castle from killing Russo, but demands that he take a "leave of absence"
  • Castle uses OCU's database to find Russo's known associates and Mafia ties. It's here that he decides to take out Moretti first, saving Russo for last.
  • The skull shirt comes in here in a flashback. Castle sees it sticking out of a dresser and we flashback to Weeks giving him the shirt. I also think that "Punisher" could have its origins in a nickname given to Castle by OCU for his ruthless tactics.
  • One of Russo's associates is a petty gun smuggler/hacker: Linus Lieberman. Lieberman's story here is more sympathetic than WZ and he acts as Castle's armorer, with Castle promising him immunity when "this is all over". Lieberman is a genius and planned on going to school to be a programmer. Then his mother got terminally ill and so he smuggles guns as a "short cut" so he can pay for her medical bills. Russo is an "unfortunate acquaintance."
  • At the same time that Castle is hunting down Moretti from the outside, Russo begins taking Moretti down from the inside, with the goal of becoming Boss and establishing the "Russo Crime Family." Castle's beating left him with several deep scars in his face, and Russo decides to use this as a scare tactic. However, he never takes the name Jigsaw; on the other hand, that's OCU's codename for him.
  • When the killings first become known to OCU, Weeks immediately deduces that Castle is behind them, but tries to cover it up to protect him. One of the lines i'd like in the film from Weeks would be "I can't protect you forever, Frank. When they catch you--and believe me, they will--you'll be nothing more to them than a killer."

Last edited:
Like soldiers on the battlefield of life, criminals stalk the night.

A light reaches down from a chopper above like some kind of hand of God disposing of all guilty and protecting the innocent.

And when all's said and done...the war continues...

PS: Mad bonus points to anyone who recognizes the obscure 80's glam gem I stole that from.

Kinda rough but I did in about an hour and haven't edited yet

Year One.
Frank Castle is an ex Marine, serving in both the Gulf war and the Iraq war. During a family reunion in Central Park, his family witnesses something terrifying, a mob hit. Fearing witnesses, The hitmen, including Billy Russo brutally turn there guns to Castles Family. After the massacre, only one person is left alive….Frank Castle. The hitmen are arrested at the scene, and in a very emotional scene the police pry Frank from his dead wife, son and daughter.
Detective John Laviano Convinces Castle to put his Faith in the system and Tells him its possible to rebuild his life. Castle decides to Put his faith in the system until…..

Five months later Bruno Costa is put on trial but pays his way through the legal system and is almost immediately set free.
Castle finally snaps and prepares for war. Working out everyday, getting weapons set and planning.
Castle Begins taking out all of Costa’s associates, crippling his businesses, his Fronts, and all the cops he’s been paying off.
While Looking through police files Frank discovers one of Costa’s associates is Linus “Microchip” Lieberman, A weapons dealer and Computer hacker. Frank Decides to pay him a visit, But during interrogation Frank discovers Micro’s Motive behind working for Costa, He decides to give him a choice, “You can work for me, or you can Die.” Micro Decides to help Frank, To spite Costa and to get the money for his terminally ill mother. Micro Gives him Intel about the Costa’s, where they go and what they do. Frank Decides to start with there lawyer.
During a brutal interrogation with Costa’s lawyer (Removing his eye with a teaspoon) Frank discovers that Billy Russo was the man behind the family massacre.
Frank tracks down Russo, throws him Face first out of a plate glass window, and slowly tortures him by rubbing his face in the glass shards.
But instead of killing Russo, Frank tells him “I want you to tell them I’m coming….Costa, and the rest of the scum. I want you to tell them that there is a soldier coming for them…a punisher,”
When Billy asks castle why he doesn’t just kill him, Castle reply’s “Now we both live with terrifying Scars,”
Finally, Frank is down to one name on his list….Costa.
Frank corners Costa at his Estate, Executing Costa’s Wife, Brother, and Son’s in Front of him, and Finally Brutally tortures Costa And leaves him to die.
When Frank Returns to his Safe House he Eye’s his Skull Shirt and Two custom .45’a sitting in the corner…He Has a Flash back of his family….He finally decides what he must do.
2 months later we reveal Castle Interrupting a bank robbery.
We Show
Detective John Laviano Being assigned to the “Punisher” case…and him starring at a Picture of Castle as a marine….Seemingly understanding Castle’s motives.

We close the movie, Revealing that Russo is still alive.

Adapt "The Slavers" storyline
or "Up is Down, Down is Up" story...

This is the only way to save the franchise...
Kat1366647d01cbb23fbb.jpg

I just saw Hulk vs Wolverine. Wouldn't mind a Punisher (616 universe) vs. somebody. It was a really good 30 minute short, and although I haven't seen the Thor one yet, I'd love to see Punisher duke it out with another Marvel hero in a format that allows some violence (there's tons in Hulk vs. Wolverine).

It's not a movie, but it'd be something.

Frank against Deadpool would be perfect.

was Hulk vs wolverine any good?

It was very good. You should definately see it. Thor vs Hulk... I'd give that a pass unless you're a Thor fan.

Kinda rough but I did in about an hour and haven't edited yet

Year One.
Frank Castle is an ex Marine, serving in both the Gulf war and the Iraq war. During a family reunion in Central Park, his family witnesses something terrifying, a mob hit. Fearing witnesses, The hitmen, including Billy Russo brutally turn there guns to Castles Family. After the massacre, only one person is left alive….Frank Castle. The hitmen are arrested at the scene, and in a very emotional scene the police pry Frank from his dead wife, son and daughter.
Detective John Laviano Convinces Castle to put his Faith in the system and Tells him its possible to rebuild his life. Castle decides to Put his faith in the system until…..

Five months later Bruno Costa is put on trial but pays his way through the legal system and is almost immediately set free.
Castle finally snaps and prepares for war. Working out everyday, getting weapons set and planning.
Castle Begins taking out all of Costa’s associates, crippling his businesses, his Fronts, and all the cops he’s been paying off.
While Looking through police files Frank discovers one of Costa’s associates is Linus “Microchip” Lieberman, A weapons dealer and Computer hacker. Frank Decides to pay him a visit, But during interrogation Frank discovers Micro’s Motive behind working for Costa, He decides to give him a choice, “You can work for me, or you can Die.” Micro Decides to help Frank, To spite Costa and to get the money for his terminally ill mother. Micro Gives him Intel about the Costa’s, where they go and what they do. Frank Decides to start with there lawyer.
During a brutal interrogation with Costa’s lawyer (Removing his eye with a teaspoon) Frank discovers that Billy Russo was the man behind the family massacre.
Frank tracks down Russo, throws him Face first out of a plate glass window, and slowly tortures him by rubbing his face in the glass shards.
But instead of killing Russo, Frank tells him “I want you to tell them I’m coming….Costa, and the rest of the scum. I want you to tell them that there is a soldier coming for them…a punisher,”
When Billy asks castle why he doesn’t just kill him, Castle reply’s “Now we both live with terrifying Scars,”
Finally, Frank is down to one name on his list….Costa.
Frank corners Costa at his Estate, Executing Costa’s Wife, Brother, and Son’s in Front of him, and Finally Brutally tortures Costa And leaves him to die.
When Frank Returns to his Safe House he Eye’s his Skull Shirt and Two custom .45’a sitting in the corner…He Has a Flash back of his family….He finally decides what he must do.
2 months later we reveal Castle Interrupting a bank robbery.
We Show
Detective John Laviano Being assigned to the “Punisher” case…and him starring at a Picture of Castle as a marine….Seemingly understanding Castle’s motives.

We close the movie, Revealing that Russo is still alive

Not a bad premise, but it makes no sense that he wouldn't kill Jigsaw. There are plenty of lower level guys to take the message - Russo would be a key part of the organisation.

You've also got a credibility gap between the enforcement story and Castle losing faith in the system. The origin really isn't that interesting when told straight - it's nothing without the context of what Castle's become.

I do like the idea of Costa being acquitted and Castle snapping, but that doesn't really explain why he would go on an all-consuming rampage. You'd need to go a lot deeper on that.

Mostly, you've spent more time describing "cool moments" and action sequences and, in one of them, you turn Castle from a sociopath with a code into a maniac. Why kill the family? it doesn't fit with his behaviour unless they were somehow involved.

I like how you tied a few elements together from Year One, but you've not really tied down the themes or the key events that really make it come to life.

I think of stories so that each act has a key sequence:

Act 1: the massacre of Castle's family
Act 2: the trial
Act 3: revenge

And then build my plot to link those naturally and put no real thought into the key moments - I think how the characters would get there, what they would do that would make those things happen, why they would do them.

As much as I'm sure people will be mad at me for this, BRING JANE BACK he did an amazing job and was back til Lexi Alexander screwed up and guess what SHE screwed up the Punisher. The script was my issue with the 04 movie but I still love the extended cut of it. :unishr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"