Queen & Country Declassified (vol. 2)

Reaction score
I hope you guys have picked this up, but in case not, Im here posting to tell you jackassed to do as i say.

You don't need any previous reading of the regular Queen & Country series to pick this up, nor do you need to read vol. 1. This story tells the tale of one of the recently departed Minders in the regular series (the Minders being a group of espionage agents a part of the MI5) and his first (i think its the first) mission, which takes him to China. Ok, Ill admit, I havent read it yet, butu if its anything like the regular series or the last Declassified, its a great political espionage thriller:up:

Its three issues together, and the first issue just came out, so why not pick it up?

After this, Declassified vol 3 and 4 will be coming out, telling stories with Nick Poole (another Minder) and an earlier tale of Tara Chase (the main character and currently Minder 1 in the regular series). Each wont have a direct connection to the other, so itll be easy to jump on. After that, Queen & Country is going to start back up again:up:

Although, I dont think Greg Rucka will be writing the next Declassified mini, so you best get started now:up:

qcd201.jpg

CantThinkOfAName said:
After this, Declassified vol 3 and 4 will be coming out, telling stories with Nick Poole (another Minder) and an earlier tale of Tara Chase (the main character and currently Minder 1 in the regular series).

Nick Poole the gay guy, right? It's kinda disappointing to know Tara will never get into his pants. :(

What about Minder 3, Chris Lankford, do you know when he joined the group? I've read up to Volume 6, Operation: Dandelion and that's when Nick joins. Now I'm reading the book and Chris Lankford is already Minder 3 so I'm guessing he joined the team during whatever Operation volume 7 is about, which hasn't come out in TPB.

Anyway, looking forward to these Declassified stories, the first one with Paul Crocker was very good.

on a side note, DTL has ruined this forum... I hate that sh**

Lackey said:
Nick Poole the gay guy, right? It's kinda disappointing to know Tara will never get into his pants. :(

What about Minder 3, Chris Lankford, do you know when he joined the group? I've read up to Volume 6, Operation: Dandelion and that's when Nick joins. Now I'm reading the book and Chris Lankford is already Minder 3 so I'm guessing he joined the team during whatever Operation volume 7 is about, which hasn't come out in TPB.

Anyway, looking forward to these Declassified stories, the first one with Paul Crocker was very good.
There was never a story that showed how Chris Lankford joined. The only story he's been in has been the last one, #26-#28. Im assuming that #25 and that story will be collected (or perhaps #25 won't be collected at all) as vol. 7.

I dont know why theyre not doing a Declassified on Kittering, the first Minder 3 of the series. Perhaps a future vol. 5. Im guessing Nick Poole's story will take place inbetween #24 and #26. Anthony Jonston is writing his story. Seeing as it takes during the current series, I dont mind seeing someone else try it out.

Good timing on picking it up, by the way, seeing as how its going to be relaunched when it returns:rolleyes::(

Larry "Bud" Mellman said:
You should have "accidently" put it up your ash. :rolleyes:
ill keep this in mind next time you make one of your bendis suckup threads:mad:

I finished the book yesterday....damn was that intense.

A major character dies, it's so f***ed up :( you might already know who it is.

Chace was really put through the wringer this time, more so than any other time in the past.

Ive read the entire regular series, so i would know whichever book youre on. There are two deaths i can think of, which one are you referring to?

Either way, I think they happened in the same story:eek:

it's the novel that Rucka wrote A Gentleman's Game, but if it had been made into a TPB instead, it would probably be named "Volume 8: Operation Tanglefoot" since I pretty sure it takes place after Volume 7 even though I haven't read that one yet.

There's a major terrorist attack in London and Tara is sent out alone to Yemen to assasinate one of the people responsible... then of course it all goes to sh**
One of the major characters that's been there since the beginning of the series dies.

oh, but Rucka said that there's gonna be a second book:up:

I guess i should get started:(

Ignore this post. I'm just bumping a bunch of non-DTL threads to get some of the old DTL threads off the first page and spare everyone some confusion.

Queen & Country just keeps getting better!

The novel was spectacular! I've started picking up the series monthly since #25. Couldn't stand waiting for the trades :D

XFanTim said:
Ignore this post. I'm just bumping a bunch of non-DTL threads to get some of the old DTL threads off the first page and spare everyone some confusion.
I really appreciate you wasting space in my thread for some crap that makes me hate this forum:up::rolleyes:

The Hobgoblin said:
Queen & Country just keeps getting better!

The novel was spectacular! I've started picking up the series monthly since #25. Couldn't stand waiting for the trades :D
I started picking it up monthly after the first trade. Perhaps I should go back and find those first four issues:confused:

CantThinkOfAName said:
oh, but Rucka said that there's gonna be a second book:up:

I guess i should get started:(
be sure to make another thread for it that only you and Lackey are going to post in.

Loser. :rolleyes:

hee hee

:(

So... I'm reading "A Gentlman's Game" right now... Next time I run to the comic shop (Thursday) I'll look for some trades... Now I see why Checkmate kicks so much ash. This is Rucka's element, bar none.

I'm so behind in this series. I read the first Decassified and the first 5 or so TPBs.
I want to have sex with Greg Rucka. :csad:

Just finished "AGG" ... HOLY F**KING S**T! :eek: :eek: What a freaking ending!

Has anyone read "Private Wars"? I'm about half way through it, and its even better than "A Gentleman's Game"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"