Question about Arkham Asylum

ronny

Sidekick
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before and lock if necessary. But in Arkham Asylum what's with Black Mask's section at the end? It's totally blank. How do you interpret that?

I didn't understood it i think that morrison's vision of the character is a man completely obsessed with black color

i assumed it implied that Black Mask has no internal monologue whatsoever, that is, he has no emotional drive. i don't know the character too well to comment either way. I don't know why they bothered, is he even in the comic?

somehow you just need to use a strange style and a strange story conecept and people scream "CLASSIC!"

somehow you just need to use a strange style and a strange story conecept and people scream "CLASSIC!"

Eh, there are things I enjoy about it and things that I don't. One of my major gripes is the way Batman let's his doubts mess with his head so much that he kind of just stands by and watches people die during a couple of parts.

Eh, there are things I enjoy about it and things that I don't. One of my major gripes is the way Batman let's his doubts mess with his head so much that he kind of just stands by and watches people die during a couple of parts.

actually he goes there to get exchange for the hostages, but in the end he leaves and the asylum is still in the hands of the freaks with a lot of hostages. :huh:

Yeah, the story is a mess.

actually he goes there to get exchange for the hostages, but in the end he leaves and the asylum is still in the hands of the freaks with a lot of hostages. :huh:

Yeah, the story is a mess.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've read it, so I'd forgotten about that part. The scene I'm referring to though, was the one where Joker shoots one of the hostages and Bats doesn't bother to do the slightest thing about it. Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, so correct me if I'm putting that in the wrong context, but that always bothered me.

I just love ths artwork. The story ain't bad.

perhaps the blackness signifies that he wasn't in the story at all?

I never like Arkham Asylum, nor did I get what the bad place was going on with Black Mask. Alan Moore, Warren Ellis and a slew of other comics writers agree that it was pretentious trash, and I'm not even sure if Grant is still proud of it.

I never like Arkham Asylum, nor did I get what the bad place was going on with Black Mask. Alan Moore, Warren Ellis and a slew of other comics writers agree that it was pretentious trash, and I'm not even sure if Grant is still proud of it.

i've always wondered how an author like Grant Morrison could come up with such gritty stuff. But he earned a lot of money with it.

I think it's symbolizing how he has no emotions or feelings... How inside, he is just 'black'

Either that, or Morrison got lazy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"