Question about Blu-Ray picture

Discussion in 'Sony' started by TNC9852002, Dec 14, 2007.

1. TNC9852002 Banned User

I just noticed something weird lately.

When I'm watching a Blu-ray movie on my PS3, sometimes I see these little swirls of red moving across the backgrounds, usually across dark colors or dark backgrounds...(The TV is a 27"HD LCD)

I'm wondering, why does this happen and is there something that I can do about it?

-TNC

2. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

Can you give some more details? Did you try restarting the PS3? Does it do the same for all of your Blu-ray's?

3. TNC9852002 Banned User

Hmmm...I'm not sure how to describe it....I see it only from time to time and it's very faint. I noticed it first when I was watching Enemy of the State on Blu-ray a few days ago and I see them now on my 300 disc.

-TNC

4. GFreeman Registered

Probably have a messed up player.

5. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

Try unplugging and reconnecting your HDMI cable. I never heard of this problem but it sounds like it could be something wrong with a piece of your equipment...maybe your tv? The closest thing I had to this was once I saw some little green sparkly things show up in the blacks while watching everything and turned everything off and reconnected my HDMI cable and it went away. I suggest you go to a real HDTV tech forum they would be able to help you more than I can.

6. Apollo Registered

It could be your TV

for some reason my HDTV gets this weird Pink static around Scenes with alot of white. It only happens when i watch something in HD.
    its very faint, but its noticeable.

7. TNC9852002 Banned User

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I fixed it.

Also, I haven't calibrated this TV in a while. I've noticed that bright reds on the screen end up being very saturated, giving the "bleeding" look. How can I adjust this?

-TNC

8. TNC9852002 Banned User

Ok, I didn't fix it.

But, I have determined that it's definitely something that the TV is doing, because I see it when I'm watching regular tv.

-TNC