Comics question about the black costumes return

javi1024

DANGER ZONE!
Reaction score
ive been reading Amazing Spiderman for 7 years (since Peter and MJ got back together) so ive been keeping up for a while. but in the last issue he goes to the church tower and recovers the black suit. my question is: where did this suit come from? as far as i knew, when he got rid of the symbiote eddie got the whole thing and from there all the other versions were created. he holds it like its made of cloth and i just read the new New Avengers and he has the mask over his head like its a costume. was it part of story from one of the other spidey books?

I havn't read a Spider-Man comic in a very long time, but I am pretty sure the black suit is just that...a suit. It's not the symbiote. It simply reflects Peter's mood. I think I read May died and the whole Civil War has put him in a dark place.

The black suite he has now I believe was given to him by the Black Cat after Spider-man separated himself from the symbiote.
After Spider-man put back on his red and blue costume the Black Cat thought he looked better in the black costume so she gave him it to ware . Now I'm sure some one can come along and explain it better but thats pretty much where he got it from . Though I could be wrong.

The black suite he has now I believe was given to him by the Black Cat after Spider-man separated himself from the symbiote.
After Spider-man put back on his red and blue costume the Black Cat thought he looked better in the black costume so she gave him it to ware . Now I'm sure some one can come along and explain it better but thats pretty much where he got it from . Though I could be wrong.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Spider-Man missed the look of his black suit after the symbiote was gone, so Black Cat whipped him up a new one...this time it was just fabric. However, when Venom scared MJ at the end of ASM 299/beginning of ASM 300, Peter resolved to get rid of his black suit since it was too traumatizing.

In "Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man" Issue #100 (I believe it was), Black Cat sewed a cloth version of the Black Costume for Peter to wear. He rejected it at first for it reminding him of the Symbiote, but due to getting his Red and Blues dirty, he resorted to wearing it, and liked it enough that he wore it off and on for the nest few years, alternating between the classic and the black suit. Cat loved the suit so much that she put together another four copies for him so he could have spares.

When Venom showed up, however, Mary Jane was so traumatized by Venom's attack on her that she refused to let Peter ever wear any of his Cloth black costumes again. A fact that the writers of "Back in Black" convieniently forgot...

Edit: You beat me to it, Brock! [JJJ Voice]You're fired! :cmad:[/JJJ Voice]

Peter said that 'he sent the wrong message' when he wore the black costume? Maybe that's about how the black costume scared Eddie Brock's wife so much that she commits suicide. The black costume sent a scary spidey messgae

Peter said that 'he sent the wrong message' when he wore the black costume? Maybe that's about how the black costume scared Eddie Brock's wife so much that she commits suicide. The black costume sent a scary spidey messgae

No, actually, she thought Peter was the Symbiote, coming for her. That's why she got scared.

No, actually, she thought Peter was the Symbiote, coming for her. That's why she got scared.

Why MJ got scared, not Brock's wife. I'm not really sure why she killed herself.

When Pete gave up the costume for good, it was mostly at MJ's urging, but he was ready to give it up anyway because he didn't want to be reminded of (or look like) Venom, either. Anyways, as has been pointed out, Black Cat made several copies of the suit, so the one he burned in the fire (when he gave it up for good) was only one copy. The one he picked up in recent issues of ASM could have been one of those others.

If only he'd hidden it some other way, though... but that conversation's already going on in the other BIB thread.

Why MJ got scared, not Brock's wife. I'm not really sure why she killed herself.

When Pete gave up the costume for good, it was mostly at MJ's urging, but he was ready to give it up anyway because he didn't want to be reminded of (or look like) Venom, either. Anyways, as has been pointed out, Black Cat made several copies of the suit, so the one he burned in the fire (when he gave it up for good) was only one copy. The one he picked up in recent issues of ASM could have been one of those others.

If only he'd hidden it some other way, though... but that conversation's already going on in the other BIB thread.

No, Weying mistook Spidey in the black costume for the Symbiote, and Brock
mistook THAT as Spidey deliberately trying to scare his wife. When the Symbiote appeared on Brock himself, Ann tried to say she'd been mistaken, but Eddie was already out of the apartment, after Spider-Man.

Didn't Brock's wife accidentally die (falling out a window iirc) trying to get away from Pete?..or was it the actual symbiote shewas trying to avoid?.....my memory of the arc isn't great so I may be wrong

The bonding flipped her gord. She committed suicide because she was scared of the damn thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"